THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#987350 - 03/30/18 01:43 PM Fighting fire with fire or adding to The Swamp?
RogueFanatic Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Kitsap Co.

#987353 - 03/30/18 02:44 PM Re: Fighting fire with fire or adding to The Swamp? [Re: RogueFanatic]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Protecting our public lands from the private slash and burn crowd is a key component of being a hunter and a fisher...supporting those who do the slash and burn, is not.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#987357 - 03/30/18 04:27 PM Re: Fighting fire with fire or adding to The Swamp? [Re: RogueFanatic]
CedarR Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Olympia, WA
Many businesses operate on the premise that they must not offend anyone, that they must remain apolitical. Good to see some have decided to use their power to challenge Blob the Builder and his wannabee billionaire buddies. I see a bright light at the end of the dark political tunnel we've been traveling through. Its source is the Mueller investigation, corporate actions/lawsuits like those described above and young voters, who have been recently empowered...or maybe, it's just swamp gas.

#987358 - 03/30/18 04:33 PM Re: Fighting fire with fire or adding to The Swamp? [Re: RogueFanatic]
RogueFanatic Offline
Returning Adult

Agreed. I dislike the means but I do hope they achieve the ends. Not sure why it must be this contentious but I suppose this is the world we live in. "Mobilise!" Us vs Them, Sporties vs NTC vs Tribes, vitriolic hating on WDFW (most of them like to fish too), pointing fingers but avoiding mirrors. Just sorta wears me out sometimes.

#987382 - 04/01/18 06:27 AM Re: Fighting fire with fire or adding to The Swamp? [Re: Todd]
blackmouth Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: right place/wrong time
Originally Posted By: Todd
Protecting our public lands from the private slash and burn crowd is a key component of being a hunter and a fisher...supporting those who do the slash and burn, is not.

You do have a way of simplifying complex concepts.

"So it goes." Kurt Vonnegut jr.

#987384 - 04/01/18 08:25 AM Re: Fighting fire with fire or adding to The Swamp? [Re: RogueFanatic]
Carcassman Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Olema,California,Planet Earth
About 20 years ago my boss challenged me to put up or shut up regarding salmonid recovery, which we were working on. Took the bait, published the paper, and forever changed the trajectory of my career. There are times when you (I, we) need to take stands and be willing to accept the consequences.

Might hurt the "bottom line" for a business. But a fishing tackle manufacturer, for example, won't sell much gear if there is no fishing. If there are no places to hike, camp, backpack the manufacturers and sellers of that gear don't make it.

#987385 - 04/01/18 09:44 AM Re: Fighting fire with fire or adding to The Swamp? [Re: Carcassman]
blackmouth Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: right place/wrong time
Originally Posted By: Carcassman
About 20 years ago my boss challenged me to put up or shut up regarding salmonid recovery, which we were working on. Took the bait, published the paper, and forever changed the trajectory of my career. There are times when you (I, we) need to take stands and be willing to accept the consequences.

Might hurt the "bottom line" for a business. But a fishing tackle manufacturer, for example, won't sell much gear if there is no fishing. If there are no places to hike, camp, backpack the manufacturers and sellers of that gear don't make it.

I find it interesting that you look at the actions from a business perspective. Frankly I don't like government picking the winners and losers, but that has always been the way it was/is.

I enjoy using motor powered vehicles off road to see areas and vistas that I would have no other way to access. In the last 40 years I have seen vast amounts of land closed to the use of motorized vehicles, and I miss access to those areas. I also love to fish, and much of what I enjoy about fishing is the solitude, which is not easy to find even on the saltchuck.

I am sure that as the population grows the pressures on our resources will also grow, I am not as sure as some are that the answer is to have the feds declare certain and very large areas of land as betreten verbotin. To me it sounds similar to the thought that some liberals espouse that our Earth would be a great place to be if it was not inhabited by humans. rolleyes

"So it goes." Kurt Vonnegut jr.

#987390 - 04/01/18 12:29 PM Re: Fighting fire with fire or adding to The Swamp? [Re: RogueFanatic]
Carcassman Offline
River Nutrients

It should be fairly obvious that as human population grows and expands the natural resources decrease. Happens all over the world.

We have, for example, some really good and accessible fisheries for wild trout because killing them is not allowed. That has certainly diminished the ability and opportunity of some to eat trout; they lost something that they valued. There are areas in the desert southwest that are off-limits to motorized off-road travel to protect, among other things, Desert Tortoise. Now, if you don't give a care about tortoises then this was a bad move.

Especially as population grows it is obvious that we cannot have it all. I don't think that we, as a society, have done a very good job of balancing access with protection. Some of that is because some folks choose to ignore the rules. Bottom line is, I believe, that if we wish to share the earth with naturally reproducing/self sustaining population of natural resources then we need to limit/control some of man's activities.

It is a choice. It is either/or.

#987392 - 04/01/18 09:07 PM Re: Fighting fire with fire or adding to The Swamp? [Re: Carcassman]
vapidangler
Unregistered

we are all going to be extinct soon enough. People keep breeding.

#987393 - 04/01/18 09:42 PM Re: Fighting fire with fire or adding to The Swamp? [Re: RogueFanatic]
Carcassman Offline
River Nutrients

That's the most popular choice...

#987585 - 04/05/18 08:48 PM Re: Fighting fire with fire or adding to The Swamp? [Re: RogueFanatic]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Island Time
I returned a bunch ofShit I bought at REI and used the money to buy Vista Outdoor products including a new rifle.

They can use their political activism to gofuckthemselves. I’ve picked up plenty of trash left behind by the REI tranny’s and metrosexual “nonconsumptive users”. They’re a bunch of ignorant hypocrites that belong in a coffee shop on Capital Hill not stumbling through the woods on well worn trails pretending to be outdoor activists.

The piles of human excrement that are a result of their compassion for the environment are fine as long as they confine it to their neighborhoods in Martin Luther King County and the Evian bottles at the trailhead testify to their deep respect for the environment that everyone else is responsible for. Their duty begins and ends in the voting booth.

Just like the disgusting mess they leave behind after their anger filled pusssy hat rallies. They can gofuckthemselves with a vegan chimichanga and the next Subaru that’s stuck on the back roads can kiss my trucks ass.

If you don't like our prices bring your wife down and we'll dicker.

#987588 - 04/05/18 10:24 PM Re: Fighting fire with fire or adding to The Swamp? [Re: RogueFanatic]
paguy Offline
Juvenile at Sea

RowVsWade,If I ever get the opportunity to meet you, I would like to buy you a beer.

#987589 - 04/05/18 10:39 PM Re: Fighting fire with fire or adding to The Swamp? [Re: paguy]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

Thanks paguy it’d be my pleasure and the second round is on me. Unfortunately this place is plumb full of self absorbed effeminate liberals that think highly of themselves so be prepared for their slap fights, assuming their nail polish is dry, and many of them here have been here long enough that their cycles have synced up so it’s likely they’ll be pretty bitchy, harmless but bitchy. Especially if their goats aren’t putting out for them. rofl

#987597 - 04/06/18 07:15 AM Re: Fighting fire with fire or adding to The Swamp? [Re: RogueFanatic]
ReefSkunk
Unregistered

Get a room, ladies.

RvW was an effeminate REI customer as recently as last week, right before he returned his new fanny pack.

#987602 - 04/06/18 07:42 AM Re: Fighting fire with fire or adding to The Swamp? [Re: RogueFanatic]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
rofl

Zzzzzzzzzzzzing!!!!!

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#987615 - 04/06/18 09:43 AM Re: Fighting fire with fire or adding to The Swamp? [Re: RogueFanatic]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Dan is the purveyor of zing status to posts on this forum, but I can't help but add my approval of his excellent judgement.

RVW is right in that you can tell a lot about who's around the back country, or front country by that matter, based on the roadside litter. WVR leaves no Evian bottles, that's for sure. You can tell where WRV's been because the beer can litter sports the cheapest rot gut labels sold by the rural mini-mart, along with hot case food wrappers. No Charmin' TP on his trail either; that would take planning and forethought. His waste pile is characterized by his call sign, a sleeve torn from his Carhart shirt. But I give him credit for voting with his pocketbook.

REI member since 1968.

#987616 - 04/06/18 10:16 AM Re: Fighting fire with fire or adding to The Swamp? [Re: RowVsWade]
RogueFanatic Offline
Returning Adult

Originally Posted By: RowVsWade
I returned a bunch ofShit I bought at REI and used the money to buy Vista Outdoor products including a new rifle.

They can use their political activism to gofuckthemselves.
Just like the disgusting mess they leave behind after their anger filled pusssy hat rallies. They can gofuckthemselves with a vegan chimichanga and the next Subaru that’s stuck on the back roads can kiss my trucks ass.

So you deride their use of political activism by engaging in commercial activism and then resort to abuse and name-calling? You have the temerity to use the term "anger filled" for a rally where the members wore pink knitted hats, then tell them to go fuckthemselves and all without a hint of irony?

Sigh... I see that, on the Darkside, the only winning move is not to play as the W.O.P.R. so preseciently stated.

#987617 - 04/06/18 10:29 AM Re: Fighting fire with fire or adding to The Swamp? [Re: RogueFanatic]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: RogueFanatic
Originally Posted By: RowVsWade

They can use their political activism to gofuckthemselves.

So you deride their use of political activism by engaging in commercial activism and then resort to abuse and name-calling? You have the temerity to use the term "anger filled" for a rally where the members wore pink knitted hats, then tell them to go fuckthemselves and all without a hint of irony?

Sigh... I see that, on the Darkside, the only winning move is not to play as the W.O.P.R. so preseciently stated.

No dipshitt I vote with my wallet and in the voting booth....a concept many of you pusssy hat wearing, Klinton voting dumbfucks can’t fathom or at least can’t exercise until you petition the courts for a restoration of your rights first. Did you feel left out of tweedle dee (Danny the midget) and tweedle dumbs (Jake the little sperm that got away) unintelligent retorts? Maybe you could translate pusssy hat gibberish into English because I didn’t understand Salmo’s post....all but the last line of his elderly ramblings anyway.

ETA...The “political activism” you endorse is nothing more than emotionally charged immaturity that accomplished nothing more than to show what a pathetic and unhinged bunch of retards the democrats have been reduced to. The “pink knitted hats” prove what a fuckingidiot you are because you can’t accept exactly what those pink knitted hats were, understandable for you since those “pink knitted hats” were as close to real pusssy as you’ll likely get unless you hang out with Jake or Salmo and what an insult to real women that movement perpetrated. You can wear your pusssy hat, it’s a free country and you never miss out on a chance to prove that your hat fits your personality. Commercial activism DOES affect change and does so without insulting women. You’d be better off with your “pink knitted hat” and screaming at the top of your lungs. I’m sure that’ll give you the attention you so desperately crave. I know that you’re incapable of understanding the difference between emotion and activism and that’s why you and your democrats have been relegated to the trash heap of history and your “pink knitted hats” a footnote of foolishness.

MAGA

Edited by RowVsWade (04/06/18 11:15 AM)

#987620 - 04/06/18 10:43 AM Re: Fighting fire with fire or adding to The Swamp? [Re: Salmo g.]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Salmo g.

REI member since 1968.

Of course you are. While real men were off fighting a war chickenshitt liberals like you were lined up like sheep wearing bell bottoms waiting for the coveted chance to belong to any group that would take your goofy ass, not unlike your pusssy hat wearing heroes of today. REI was the only one that’d take a coward like you and why I’ve decided to head back today to return an old backpack. I’d offer it up for cheap to you losers but it’s an adult sized backpack and would be dragging behind you or Danny unless you two tag teamed it which is the only way you two could accomplish anything. It holds enough for a week in the Chugach or 10 days in the Brooks range. Google them....hint....

At least you can have the satisfaction of looking back over a your career knowing that the only thing you accomplished was to help fu.ck up our fisheries, suck off the teat of the taxpayer and do a crazy good impersonation of Cisco Morris....ooh la la. A terrible waste of a life now relegated to internet squabbles and incoherent ramblings. Congrats?

#987621 - 04/06/18 10:58 AM Re: Fighting fire with fire or adding to The Swamp? [Re: RogueFanatic]
ReefSkunk
Unregistered

RvW has been busy! Fighting wars AND shopping at REI, he even has the time to return things.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
m_ray, Str8nr
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 178 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |