THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 9 of 16 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15 16 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#988591 - 05/02/18 12:29 PM Re: Should we ban bridges now?? *** [Re: The Moderator]
stonefish Offline
King of the Beach

Loc: Carkeek Park
Originally Posted By: parker
Originally Posted By: Evo
Tack ending the Korean war on that list however...

I didn't realize the Korean War had ended.

I didn't realize it had begun. Who fired the first shot?

My old man is probably rolling around in this grave laughing at Evo's comment having fought in the real Korean war.
Rhetoric is pretty mild compared to real bullets.
SF

#988592 - 05/02/18 12:34 PM Re: Should we ban bridges now?? [Re: stonefish]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Originally Posted By: stonefish

I didn't realize it had begun. Who fired the first shot?

Ok, to be fair the "police action" began on 25 June 1950 when North Korea invaded South Korea following a series of "clashes" along the border.

As for the "First Shot", at dawn on Sunday, 25 June 1950, the Korean People's Army crossed the 38th parallel behind artillery fire.

My money is still on Chesty Puller!

#988594 - 05/02/18 12:37 PM Re: Should we ban bridges now?? [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
China effectively ended the Korean War, at least it's the architect of the current gladhanding that the two leaders have been doing.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#988596 - 05/02/18 01:13 PM Re: Should we ban bridges now?? [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
FleaFlickr02 Offline
River Nutrients

So, assuming Trump deserves credit for what has not yet happened in Korea, what is our basis? Was it the way he publicly insulted "Little Rocket Man?" Was it the impression it made when he tweeted about his bigger, more powerful nuke button? Or did I miss some other heroic action he took that really put us over the top?

Sanctions were nothing new, so it couldn't have been that....

Whatever the verdict, these are interesting times, and I certainly hope we have good reason to be optimistic on Korea.

#988598 - 05/02/18 01:32 PM Re: Should we ban bridges now?? [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

#988599 - 05/02/18 01:33 PM Re: Should we ban bridges now?? [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

#988600 - 05/02/18 02:19 PM Re: Should we ban bridges now?? [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
FleaFlickr02 Offline
River Nutrients

Yes, I've seen the positive news. I watched the meeting of the Korean leaders at the DMZ live, and it was a pretty special moment. I've never witnessed a moment in world history where Korea wasn't in a standoff or at war, and it was cool to watch that meeting. The trouble is that we've been here before, and we've never been shown any reason to trust anything a North Korean leader says.

I also wonder how this is being received by North Korea's general population (put another way, I wonder what the regime's messaging has been, because I doubt they just told them the war was over and now they love America). Every documentary I've seen where North Koreans have been interviewed and asked about the USA, they've answered something to the effect that every American is their sworn enemy. I saw one example of this in one of Anthony Bourdain's shows very recently, and I simply can't imagine generations' worth of prpoaganda and indoctrination suddenly vanishing so quickly. That said, I am cautiously optimistic. Those who have worked in Korea for the State Department all seem to agree this is FAR from over. Let's hope they're wrong.

#988606 - 05/02/18 06:34 PM Re: Should we ban bridges now?? [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Kim spent up all his money building missiles, so now he needs to play nice for a while until the west kicks him down some dollars.

Then, after he banks all the money, he'll start up his bullsh!t again.

Just like the last time the little worm said he was going to cooperate.

I'll believe it when I see it, and maybe not even then. Am I optimistic? No. That's because Kim is a liar and I don't trust a word he says.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#988607 - 05/02/18 06:36 PM Re: Should we ban bridges now?? [Re: ]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Originally Posted By: stam
Originally Posted By: FleaFlickr02
So, assuming Trump deserves credit for what has not yet happened in Korea, what is our basis? Was it the way he publicly insulted "Little Rocket Man?" Was it the impression it made when he tweeted about his bigger, more powerful nuke button? Or did I miss some other heroic action he took that really put us over the top?

Sanctions were nothing new, so it couldn't have been that....

Whatever the verdict, these are interesting times, and I certainly hope we have good reason to be optimistic on Korea.

much more important than any of that......

It's because Evo said so.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing!

rofl

#988616 - 05/03/18 05:45 AM Re: Should we ban bridges now?? [Re: Todd]
Lucky Louie Offline
Carcass

Originally Posted By: Todd

His Cabinet is the swamp

Fish on..Todd

Sessions is as complicit as Hillary, Obama, Comey, Mueller, and others in the uranium one deal where 20% of US uranium was turned over to the Russians. Many unprosecuted crimes--yet

Start 18:19 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2AG7b65PRY

A crook is a crook to me regardless of party ties.

No you can’t have my rights---I’m still using them

#988621 - 05/03/18 08:10 AM Re: Should we ban bridges now?? [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
Lucky Louie Offline
Carcass

Ike,
There is your example of why KK is Todd balls washer #1. rofl
Now the rest of Ripley's cabal will follow and the funny things is Todd
really doesn't need their assistance.

No you can’t have my rights---I’m still using them

#988625 - 05/03/18 08:57 AM Re: Should we ban bridges now?? [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
Dan S. Offline

Ripley's cabal.

rofl

#988627 - 05/03/18 09:29 AM Re: Should we ban bridges now?? [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

I have a harem, and a cabal.

I'm kind of a big deal around here, it seems.

rofl

Fish on...

Todd

#988635 - 05/03/18 11:23 AM Re: Should we ban bridges now?? [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
FleaFlickr02 Offline
River Nutrients

Clocking in for my shift on Todd's balls....

Does anybody have any idea what Giuliani and Trump are up to? Both men are proven to be slicker than owl $hit on a doorknob, but I can't imagine how Rudy going on national TV and effectively proving that everything Trump has told us about the scandals he's wrapped up in was LIES helps the cause. They MUST be up to something, right?

#988637 - 05/03/18 11:58 AM Re: Should we ban bridges now?? [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
I might kick Toff in the balls, but that's about it. Everyone is fair game on this board!

Originally Posted By: FleaFlickr02
Does anybody have any idea what Giuliani and Trump are up to?

In my opinion, this was nothing more than a pre-emptive informational strike. Trump and party already know that this repayment stuff will be revealed soon. Now, when all of this information is officially revealed in his investigations, Trump and Crew can just say:

"Yeah, already said or admitted to that. Nothing new here in this "witch hunt of an investigation".

Most of the lawyers I heard talking about this today were not surprised or shocked by any of this.

I'm hoping RichG and Lucky Louie will show up and "enlighten" us sheeople on the "real truth" behind all of this.....

#988645 - 05/03/18 12:34 PM Re: Should we ban bridges now?? [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
FleaFlickr02 Offline
River Nutrients

The one Trump "accomplishment" that really made an impact was the tax cuts. There are two qualities most American voters share: Greed and a short memory (these are kind of the same thing, since the greed is what shortens the memory in most cases).

Putting a few more dollars in people's pockets makes them forgive or forget darn near anything. Case in point: Despite his legal woes worsening almost daily in 2018, Trump's opinion numbers have actually improved. When people who have changed their opinion are asked why, the answer is the tax break. I still think Trump is a morally bankrupt fool and a compulsive liar, but I do appreciate the 60 or so bucks the tax cut added to my monthly paychecks. Not ready to vote for him yet, though, because I know today's tax break is tomorrow's recession.

The short memory part is the killer, because smart politicians know that the public will accept anything that nets them more money in their pockets short term, regardless of the long term socio-economic costs.

Every time this trickle-down crap comes back around, people are all too easily lured back into the trap, because in the short term, the savings from the cuts do get shared, at least a little, with everyone. This makes us happy, which makes us forget that there will eventually be consequences for robbing Peter to pay Paul. The bitch of it is that, when the chickens come home to roost, the only way out is to increase taxes. Now that the corporate tax cuts are permanent, the next return to the roost is going to be really hard on the average citizen. But for now, more money for me= I love my president in most voter minds.

I'm not sure anyone believes or trusts Donald Trump, but as long as he can continue to fool voters into thinking they are better off financially, he'll keep the bull$hit coming, and they'll fall right in line. Pathetic and sad, but true.

#988657 - 05/03/18 02:30 PM Re: Should we ban bridges now?? [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

because they have to pay for sh!t like this....

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2018...kSKNrY.facebook

#988661 - 05/03/18 02:43 PM Re: Should we ban bridges now?? [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

$16mm for that?

How about $50mm for this?

https://www.npr.org/2018/02/15/585924807/trumps-military-parade-could-cost-as-much-as-50-million

Not to mention the many wasted millions so the Fatfuck In Chief can waddle around a golf course every other weekend...

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-mar-lago-airfare-cost-taxpayers-6-million-2017-according-report-758877

I don't think we even need to mention the billions and billions we just gave away to the very richest...again.

The GOP is the party of Drunken Sailors, as they always have been.

Fish on...

Todd

#988662 - 05/03/18 02:50 PM Re: Should we ban bridges now?? [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

50 MILLION for a parade?

is that as bad as Democrats spending 12 million PER MILE for a total of 900+ MILLION for a fvcking BIKE LANE?

some dickhead Democratic congressman said today, they we need to ban AR style rifles, buy them back, even if it costs 15 billion dollars, because "we can afford it"....

so what was that about 50 million showing pride in our armed forces?

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-new...c-heart-attack/

#988665 - 05/03/18 02:54 PM Re: Should we ban bridges now?? [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

It's not about showing pride in our armed forces, it's an insecure little boy in the White House showing his tinpot despotism, jealous that dictators in North Korea and China get military parades and Pouty-US doesn't.

Fish on...

Todd

Page 9 of 16 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15 16 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (steely slammer), 1085 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645291 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |