Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#990308 - 06/14/18 08:46 AM Re: Bad break up itís been a week [Re: dwatkins]
Myassisdragon Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: The Wet Side
Originally Posted By: dwatkins
Okay Iíll be honest. Took a girl home from the bar rough hands and as tall as me. She knows everybody here so I might I have [Bleeeeep!] up

Does everyone here know of her ? Might be a relevant question to ask early in this dating episode...

- "Wild steelhead were more numerous this year than they were in the 1970s" ( ITYOOL - 2015 )

- "It's past the time to "play nice", after all, they are pooching us royally."

D'uh!

#990310 - 06/14/18 09:03 AM Re: Bad break up itís been a week [Re: dwatkins]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Lotsa' good advice. I disagree with Nick a bit about not drinking. I think self medicating with alcohol is OK, for maybe a month or two. It's just not sustainable as a lifestyle. Be depressed with the depression and then realize it isn't giving you what you want out of life. Figure out what will, and then go after that. Getting laid meanwhile doesn't hurt either.

#990311 - 06/14/18 09:07 AM Re: Bad break up itís been a week [Re: dwatkins]
Capt. Quint Offline
Parr

Loc: Amity Is., NY
Okay Iíll be honest. Took a girl home from the bar rough hands and as tall as me. She knows everybody here so I might I have [Bleeeeep!] up

I'm picturing the scene in River Runs Through It where the bros. see "Old Rawhide" and they say simultaneously- "We've met" and then look at each other...

#990312 - 06/14/18 09:11 AM Re: Bad break up itís been a week [Re: NickD90]
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide is Changing

Loc: Everett
Originally Posted By: NickD90
JesusChristDan

Fire up Tinder and go get you some strange...

Thats some solid advice too. you should follow it Brudda! grin

I am living proof that leaving a crazy bitch that isnt right for ya can turn out great. I wont dive into all the details but [Bleeeeep!] I have stories....

#990313 - 06/14/18 09:18 AM Re: Bad break up itís been a week [Re: dwatkins]
stonefish Offline
King of the Beach

Loc: Carkeek Park
Being single again is seriously underrated ......
SF

#990314 - 06/14/18 09:26 AM Re: Bad break up itís been a week [Re: Myassisdragon]
dwatkins Offline
Carcass

Sorry I meant she knows everybody in town. So it will be awkward. So maybe getting back in the saddle isnít the best advice

#990315 - 06/14/18 09:41 AM Re: Bad break up itís been a week [Re: dwatkins]
Hankster Offline
2-Points

Loc: Town in the North Bay Area
Sorry I meant she knows everybody in town. So it will be awkward. So maybe getting back in the saddle isnít the best advice

Getting back in the saddle is excellent advice.

Choose your saddle more wisely next time. Don't get one with a burr under it.

Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn't know because they might reflect badly on Democrats

#990318 - 06/14/18 10:20 AM Re: Bad break up itís been a week [Re: dwatkins]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline
Official Darkside Fucktard Whisperer

Rough hands.
HHHHmmmm.

Was her name Rosie?
Perhaps that would explain why the 2 of you know all the same people?

#990321 - 06/14/18 10:37 AM Re: Bad break up itís been a week [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
dwatkins Offline
Carcass

Originally Posted By: WDFW X 1 = 0
Rough hands.
HHHHmmmm.

Was her name Rosie?
Perhaps that would explain why the 2 of you know all the same people?

Your rented kids is the best quote Iíll take it to heart.

#990332 - 06/14/18 12:09 PM Re: Bad break up itís been a week [Re: dwatkins]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline

Dude I feel for ya................Honestly.
I've been the guy that dated the woman with someone's kids.
You will look back at this and laugh someday.
She did you a favor unless she's pregnant right now.
Better things are in your future.
You have total control of where you go from here.
Believe in yourself, be confident almost to the point of arrogance, get a puppy, and take it for a walk in a park or on the beach.
You will soon be training more than the puppy.

Oh yea and lets not forget that soon she will come sniffing back around cause it's a game for her crazy ass.
Be ready to say no.

#990339 - 06/14/18 12:59 PM Re: Bad break up itís been a week [Re: dwatkins]
elparquito Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Margaritaville
On this episde of Ask The JackHammer:

Dear JackHammer,

It's been a week since I had a bad break up. She had kids and didnít want anymore. Sucks. We got along so well, so rip me apart or give me advice please.

Sincerely,

Dwatkins

Dwatkins,

Hate to say it, but Todd has some great advice. If you have something you want, extract promises on the second date. No promises, no third date. Never say "yes" to a "never" woman.

As for kids, making a kid is too easy and way over rated, IMO. The hard part about any kid is parenting them to a level where they can succeed in life without having you screwed them up in the process of them getting there. You don't need to make your own kids to be the best parent in the world and unfortunately, too many kids these days will never get the parent(s) or parenting they really need or deserve.

If making a child is not an option, I would recommend adoption or fostering a baby in the future.

Age is also something to consider. Since you have not had kids of your own, I'll just say that it's a lot of damn hard work and I wouldn't want to take on that job and responsibility past a certain age. Conversely, no one wants their 50 year old Father out coaching Little League t-ball.

As hard as it is for The JackHammer to say this, I'd pass on the local woman/talent, man hands or not. Sounds like a recipe to either get heavily mocked in your community, or probably get some STD.

Take a break for a bit, but when you're ready, don't be afraid to go online. Yeah, there's a fair chunk of really broken and psycho crazies out there, but get a good pair of SIMMS and don't be afraid to wade through the mess and make a few casts. You'll find many biters, but a good one out there will eventually nibble on the line.

Lastly, as a general JackHammer Rule of Thumb for ALL of you reading out there:

NEVER STICK YOUR DICK IN CRAZY.

#990342 - 06/14/18 01:34 PM Re: Bad break up itís been a week [Re: dwatkins]
Hankster Offline
2-Points

Loc: Town in the North Bay Area
Extract promises on the 2nd date? That musta been one helluva 1st date.

"Hey, baby, I really dig ya and I demand you have my babies or there won't be a 3rd date".

LOL

Any normal woman, one that wasn't a sweathog a year away from being too old to have babies, would grab her purse and GTFO of there. That 2nd date would be short and not too sweet.

Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn't know because they might reflect badly on Democrats

#990343 - 06/14/18 01:48 PM Re: Bad break up itís been a week [Re: dwatkins]
Sol Duc Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Copalis Beach

Merg....book it. :>)
When it hits 4:29 .. time stops , the universe unfolds, the world becomes one and the planet and stars become aligned. That black fender is no longer an instrument; its a gateway to a higher dimension.&#65279;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaQrO55xmBs

#990344 - 06/14/18 01:50 PM Re: Bad break up itís been a week [Re: Hankster]
Sol Duc Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Hankster

Do you think she told Todd about it when she got home?

smile

That was greezy........lol
When it hits 4:29 .. time stops , the universe unfolds, the world becomes one and the planet and stars become aligned. That black fender is no longer an instrument; its a gateway to a higher dimension.&#65279;

#990345 - 06/14/18 01:58 PM Re: Bad break up itís been a week [Re: dwatkins]
Todd Offline
Bumpin the 6X9's

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
I learned long ago to tell women what I want, and what I won't budge on...if that freaks them out, then good fuckin riddance.

Lack of ladies has not been a problem for me, so if it ain't broke, I ain't gonna fix it.

Fish on...

Todd

#990348 - 06/14/18 02:13 PM Re: Bad break up itís been a week [Re: dwatkins]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline

You should really listen to Parker.

Just about everything he said not to do above..........He has done........Twice.

#990349 - 06/14/18 02:26 PM Re: Bad break up itís been a week [Re: Snake Pliskin]
dwatkins Offline
Carcass

Originally Posted By: Snake Pliskin
Pull up a chair and listen to a story DwatÖ.I married a woman with two kids. I was a good stepfather and we decided to have a child together, so we did. Nine months after he was born, she did a 180 and became a dictator....no more fishing, no more golf, no more anything....if I argued, she would threaten to leave to another state with him. So, I did nothing for five years. Finally couldn't take it anymore, so I divorced her.

She got my house, my boat, my car, $20K up front, $800/mo maintenance and $1,000 a month child support....and it was a shared custody settlement.

Just be thankful you didn't have a child with her....you never know what could have happened....especially if she wasn't all in on the idea.

Snake

Thanks for this. Puts my crap into perspective. And thanks to everyoneís advice you guys really are good people.

#990350 - 06/14/18 02:36 PM Re: Bad break up itís been a week [Re: dwatkins]
Sol Duc Offline
River Nutrients

Pull up a chair and listen to a story DwatÖ.I married a woman with two kids. I was a good stepfather and we decided to have a child together, so we did. Nine months after he was born, she did a 180 and became a dictator....no more fishing, no more golf, no more anything....if I argued, she would threaten to leave to another state with him. So, I did nothing for five years. Finally couldn't take it anymore, so I divorced her.

She got my house, my boat, my car, $20K up front, $800/mo maintenance and $1,000 a month child support....and it was a shared custody settlement.

Just be thankful you didn't have a child with her....you never know what could have happened....especially if she wasn't all in on the idea.

Snake

Thanks for this. Puts my crap into perspective. And thanks to everyoneís advice you guys really are good people.

Every 18 year old Man in America should read Snakes post....the world would be a better place.

#990351 - 06/14/18 03:15 PM Re: Bad break up itís been a week [Re: Sol Duc]
Myassisdragon Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: The Wet Side
Originally Posted By: Sol Duc

Snake

Every 18 year old Man in America should read Snakes post....the world would be a better place.

&#128077;

Make that all males 18 to 65, but have the mandatory reading of the Snakeís posting follow the Jack hammerís advice notice !

Theorem, Proof, Law etc etc.....

- "Wild steelhead were more numerous this year than they were in the 1970s" ( ITYOOL - 2015 )

- "It's past the time to "play nice", after all, they are pooching us royally."

D'uh!

#990352 - 06/14/18 04:02 PM Re: Bad break up itís been a week [Re: Myassisdragon]
Sol Duc Offline
River Nutrients

dem sum crazy biotches out there.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
durdydav, OregonAngler, shawngo
Recent Gallery Pix
Gibbs Delta Time Capsule
Driftin'
Who's Online
1 registered (Excitable Bob), 227 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Benjamin Hayashi, Clearwater Alaska, fishon65, thundrrr, Thumbburner
11432 Registered Users
Top Posters
Hankster 31623
Todd 25021
Sol Duc 15552
Dan S. 15117
elparquito 13528
Salmo g. 12527
eyeFISH 12422
stam 12330
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10978
Forum Stats
11432 Members
18 Forums
76833 Topics
894443 Posts

Max Online: 596 @ 05/24/12 03:35 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |