THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#99111 - 11/09/00 03:15 PM Re: Thoughts and prayers needed.
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
Dan asyou are a fisherman, i know you have the faith required to see you through. Also you can't help but believe in miracles every time you catch a fish[especially steelhead].

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#99112 - 11/09/00 03:28 PM Re: Thoughts and prayers needed.
Fishenvy Offline
Eyed Egg

Loc: McChord AFB, WA, USA
Dan,
Our prayers go out to you and your family for your sons health. As stated earlier modern medicine has come a long way. As a parent I know at times you'll feel like there's nothing you can do, but God will be with you always. Last week I felt that, as my daughter went to the emergency room for cramps and 8 hours later into surgery for appendicitis. She's recovering just fine. If you have medical questions that haven't been answered or don't understand my father-in-law is a doctor and I can ask. Shon

#99113 - 11/09/00 08:04 PM Re: Thoughts and prayers needed.
rvrtramp Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: longview
dan many splendid things have happened through prayer my families prayers arfe with drew and your family

#99114 - 11/09/00 09:52 PM Re: Thoughts and prayers needed.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dan, in addtion to my vow of prayers earlier to you, I will add that you are one of the most upbeat guys I've met. I figure Drew will be that way too. Your positive attitudes, the power of so many prayers to the Lord, and quality surgeons who do this regularly nowdays will pull Drew threw this just fine. Take care. - Steve

#99115 - 11/09/00 10:07 PM Re: Thoughts and prayers needed.
fiveweight Offline
Fry

Loc: lake shoecraft
Dan, I turned to god a few years ago when my life was falling apart and I thought there was no way out, with the power of prayer and faith anything can be acompilshed. Our God is a wonderful and loving God, he smiles on those that turn to him. My prayers and thoughts go to you and your family. Fiveweight

#99116 - 11/09/00 11:57 PM Re: Thoughts and prayers needed.
bank walker Offline
Spawner

DanS,
The best of luck to your son and your family. My prayers and thoughts are with you.

- BW
"I have a fair idea of what to expect from the river, and usually, because I fish it that way, the river gives me approximately what I expect of it. But sooner or later something always comes up to change the set of my ways..."
- Roderick Haig-Brown

#99117 - 11/10/00 12:10 AM Re: Thoughts and prayers needed.
superfly Offline
The Renegade White Man

Loc: The Coast or the Keys !!!
Dan, Hang in there, Our prayers are with your son. Let me tell you a little about what I had to go through with my only son. # days after he was born, he went into respitory failure, at this time I was living on whidbey island, and of course I was not home, It was my brother and a volunteer firefighter that kept Zack alive until they got him to an ambulance waiting at the ferry dock, then he spent 10 long days in childrens hospital infant ICU, they did not know what was wrong or if he was even going to live. to make a long story short, he had a blood sugar disorder that he out grew with time and the right medications and now he is perfectly fine. Then when he was 3 years old he got hit by a car and I was the first there to pick his limp little body out from under the car, I thought he was dead, then all of a suuden he came to and just started screaming, but he was absolutley coverd with dirt, blood and gravel and I could not tell what was wrong with him, you want to talk about adreneline rush and fear all wrapped in one, luckily someone had called 911 and within minutes the paramedics were there on scene and taking care of him. He spent one night in the hospital and was released with just all soft tissue injuries. I believe we are truly blessed to be able to still have Zack with us, so you gotta believe and pray, I did, and now I think I have probably one of the toughest and most resiliant 51/2 year olds there is, the only problem is he still has no fear. So in closing I made it through it and so will you. Good luck Peace Superfly

360-888-7772

Stay Tuned for upcoming Hunts & Fishing info...........

New website & Channel Dropping soon !

Stay tuned for Turkey, Bear & Deer Hunts Along with Guided Sport Fishing.

Book Release Prior to Christmas 2021

#99118 - 11/10/00 07:24 AM Re: Thoughts and prayers needed.
hawk Offline
Spawner

Loc: austin, Minnesota, USA
We have the Midwest covered for you. I'll be up on my bow stand all weekend, and will have your family in my prayers. Take care, and God Bless you. I'm only an e-mail or phone call away.

Hawk

#99119 - 11/10/00 03:41 PM Re: Thoughts and prayers needed.
DanO Offline
Smolt

Loc: anadromous, pacific,n.w.
Dan S. when the boat stops tomorrow a.m., and I drop my first herring down, I will pray for your family. My first blackmouth of the day will be released in prayer for you and your son. Good Luck and Health to you all.

#99120 - 11/10/00 07:46 PM Re: Thoughts and prayers needed.
screaminreelron Offline
Smolt

Loc: Roy,Wa
Dan, thanks for letting us know about your struggle. The "Great Physician" is eager to show His power and might! You are right...prayer catches His ear and He delights is showing His strength in our weakness. God is very understanding when it comes to children, you see, He lost a son on our behalf. Will pray for Drew and your family, as well as his medical team. In the mean time, if you-all can.....go wet a line and enjoy the fall colors. Blessing to you.

#99121 - 11/10/00 10:16 PM Re: Thoughts and prayers needed.
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
I'd like to take this time to thank each one of you for your kind thoughts and prayers. My wife and I were both touched by how much support has come from people, most of whom we've never met. It warms our hearts to know that so much love and prayer will be behind us when Drew has this procedure done.
The hard part for me is knowing that he will have a hard time understanding the pain he will feel in order to accomplish this surgery. He's just 4 years old, and I hope he'll know that we would never cause him any pain unless it was unavoidable. The procedure he's having done is the Ross Procedure, where his pulmonary heart valve will be removed and used to replace the defective aortic valve. A tissue (most likely pig) valve will be installed in place of the pulmonary valve. The main benefit being that anticoagulants and immunosuppressants are not needed. He's having this done at Children's Hospital in Seattle by a surgeon who has performed 125 of these procedures. So far the tally is 1 death, 1 pacemaker needed, and 123 successful procedures. So the odds look pretty good for Drew and us. And with your thoughts and prayers with us, we feel confident that everything will go fine.

Again, thank you for your kindness. My whole family appreciates the support we have received from this "community". You're all special people.

Dan, Sue, Cole and Drew Sandberg

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#99122 - 11/13/00 09:55 AM Re: Thoughts and prayers needed.
BW Offline
Spawner

Loc: LAKEWOOD,WA,USA
Dan I have just now read this post. As a father I can understand how you feel. My wife and I send all our best wishes and prayers.

#99123 - 11/14/00 05:50 PM Re: Thoughts and prayers needed.
STRIKE ZONE Offline
GOOD LUCK

Loc: Hobart,Wa U.S.A
Sorry I couldn't reply faster as I was on a fishing trip to the Elk river. Dan & Family
from my family to yours, god bless and good luck.We will be thinking of Drew.

#99124 - 11/14/00 07:58 PM Re: Thoughts and prayers needed.
molano Offline
Smolt

Loc: Naches, Wa. 98937
Dan, my prayers are with you and your family. Kids are a wonderful thing and I do believe that the good lord looks after them. "Do things in moderation, except that of loveing God."---St.Francis

Joe and Family

#99125 - 11/14/00 09:04 PM Re: Thoughts and prayers needed.
Bob Offline

Dazed and Confused

Loc: Forks, WA & Soldotna, AK
The Really Big One and Fishgal are pulling for all of you. May you have many spendid days of fishing in the years to come with Drew

"You CANNOT fix stupid!"

#99126 - 11/14/00 09:26 PM Re: Thoughts and prayers needed.
Fish Offline
Parr

Loc: Orting, Wa.
Hi Dan Fish here my thoughts are with you and your family and for a successful surgery and speedy recovery for Drew, best wishes, Fish.

#99127 - 11/14/00 10:21 PM Re: Thoughts and prayers needed.
riverdog Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Dan S., we hope you know that you are in our thoughts and prayers, we wish you and your son the best, a speedy recovery, and tight lines in the very near future.

#99128 - 11/15/00 12:39 AM Re: Thoughts and prayers needed.
Huntar Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Yakima, WA
My thoughts and prayers are with you. Have faith, and may God bless your family.
-Jack

#99129 - 11/15/00 01:38 PM Re: Thoughts and prayers needed.
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Dan, My prayers and happiness to Drew. I wish him the best of luck to get through it all. Just tell him to think of a big steelhead when he goes into the operating room. When all is said and done, we'll all have to get drew out to the river. God will take care of him!!!
Keith

------------------

#99130 - 11/16/00 10:39 PM Re: Thoughts and prayers needed.
STEELYDAN Offline
Parr

Loc: Bonney Lake, Wa, USA
Think positive Dan, I know a number of people who have gone through open heart sergery and they have all came out better than when they went in. Have faith in the lord. We are preying for Drew and your family. Dan Oliver

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
280ackimp, DAVEANNICK, nicksdad, redgussydog, reitersteelhead123, wallacewhaler123, zswoods
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1001 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645354 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |