Three Rivers Marine

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#991279 - 07/17/18 07:30 AM Re: Crabbing [Re: Bank Bum]
RUNnGUN Offline
Repeat Spawner

Originally Posted By: Bank Bum
This weekend report MA 10. Someone took 2 of our pots on Friday, Have the boat on video that stole them. Showed the video to a few people, cant read ALL the boat numbers, BUT can see enough to turn there day around from good to bad. Even with low dungie numbers, its just sad that a brother /fisherman would steal from another just for a pot. My address and Phone is on the buoys. Hopefully you will do the right thing. Otherwise I will ,,, do the Right thing. Thanks

We did lose one pot and verified had at another checked by someone other than us. The perils of not tending and overnight soaks. The lost pot I attributed to the tide w/ kelp. Lots of crap in the water with the big tides. I saw least 2 bouy's/pots floating out in the middle of nowhere surrounded in kelp and eel grass. In one area even though our pots were weighted they moved. I put indicators on the main openings to verify if someone got into them. The other pot that was checked, they stole my bait container and the pot was empty. Why do people have to do that sht?

Edited by RUNnGUN (07/17/18 07:34 AM)

#991285 - 07/17/18 09:01 AM Re: Crabbing [Re: Waterboy]
stonefish Offline
King of the Beach

Loc: Carkeek Park
Got three keepers on Saturday walking around some eel grass flats.
Should of had a few more. The big boys head fast to deep water when they see you coming. Lots of females. This was in MA 9.
SF

#991328 - 07/17/18 10:54 PM Re: Crabbing [Re: Waterboy]
OceanSun Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: North Creek
That's a fun way to catch crab! Did a lot of that as a kid.

#991571 - 07/24/18 08:30 PM Re: Crabbing [Re: Waterboy]
Bank Bum Offline
Fry

Loc: Kitsap County
SHOCKING news ... Pulled in the driveway tonite, iam like wtf ? my lost/ stolen/ borrowed pots are in my driveway, all washed and ropes rolled nicely. No card,letter, no phone # nothing. Unreal. Never expected this.

#991586 - 07/25/18 08:33 AM Re: Crabbing [Re: Bank Bum]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Originally Posted By: Bank Bum
SHOCKING news ... Pulled in the driveway tonite, iam like wtf ? my lost/ stolen/ borrowed pots are in my driveway, all washed and ropes rolled nicely. No card,letter, no phone # nothing. Unreal. Never expected this.

That's awesome!

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#991587 - 07/25/18 09:10 AM Re: Crabbing [Re: Waterboy]
Blktailhunter Offline
Returning Adult

Dropped pots last Thursday and did a 7 hours soak and had 18 keepers in the first three pots. Re baited and didn't bother to pull the other three. Next morning pulled all six pots for another 18 keepers. Two of the pots had blanks. Pulled them again the next morning and only has two keeepers as the red rocks had taken over. Tuna seemed to be the key as we had run out of it for the final re-baiting.

#991626 - 07/25/18 05:41 PM Re: Crabbing [Re: Waterboy]
Krijack Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Tacoma
Not sure if this is an issue or not, but I stopped by a small grocery yesterday and they had packages of Rock Crab clusters for sale for around $6.50 a pound. I am not sure where they came from other than the package said they were from Washington. For the looks of it, about half the clusters were very small and I have a hard time believing they came from legal 5" crabs. One had a pincer that was smaller much smaller than my thumb. It could be a regrowth but the rest of the legs looked really small too. Not sure if it worth doing anything of not.

#991633 - 07/25/18 09:22 PM Re: Crabbing [Re: Waterboy]
OceanSun Offline
Repeat Spawner

Very cool on the returned pots!! If whoever did it is reading this thanks and may the goodwill be returned to you 7-fold!!

I got blanked with 6 pots last weekend - no smalls, no females, total blanks!! First time in 40 years of crabbing in the sound that has ever happened. At first I thought someone had cleaned me out but by the time they reset 6 pots and got out of there before I approached would have been enough time for at least something to crawl back in there at the honey hole I was crabbing. Then I thought tribes found my hole and cleaned it out but that doesn't explain no smalls or females. Gave up in frustration and started unloading the bait bags tossing nice chunks of expired farmed steelhead Freddies gave me for bait. 2-3" chunks of flesh and skin should have been filet mignon to the gulls but they grabbed it, chomped it a couple times like they were positioning it for the big gulp and then spit it out. Could not believe the gulls wouldn't eat it! The heck if I ever will!

Rinsed off the gear and tossed in a couple left-over herring into each of 4 pots and scratched out a limit in about 40 minutes. At least I have my own bait from the salmon we caught for this weekend! Happy crabbing - sure is tasty!

#991817 - 07/31/18 08:07 AM Re: Crabbing [Re: Waterboy]
Waterboy Offline
Returning Adult

Area 7, 4 pots, 4 day soak, 4 crab. And the tribes get an opener again today. frown

#991834 - 07/31/18 04:12 PM Re: Crabbing [Re: Waterboy]
Larry B Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: University Place and Whidbey I...
South end of 8-2: Four pots Thursday and six keepers. Friday: 1. Saturday: 0.

So, for 3 days and four pots over six hour incoming tide soaks we ended up with 6 crab and it is still July.

It's the person who has done nothing who is sure nothing can be done. (Ewing)

#991835 - 07/31/18 04:15 PM Re: Crabbing [Re: Waterboy]
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

Loc: Everett
Go to the middle of 8.2 hamster

#991848 - 07/31/18 06:40 PM Re: Crabbing [Re: Sky-Guy]
Larry B Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: University Place and Whidbey I...
Originally Posted By: Sky-Guy
Go to the middle of 8.2 hamster

That would be a long row! laugh

Seriously, thanks. I've heard it's better a bit further north. Maybe when salmon opens I'll launch the big boat.

It's the person who has done nothing who is sure nothing can be done. (Ewing)

#991850 - 07/31/18 08:16 PM Re: Crabbing [Re: Waterboy]
OceanSun Offline
Repeat Spawner

Worst season I've had in 8-2 in the 40+ yrs I've been crabbing here. Never had to work so hard to scratch out a limit.

#991858 - 07/31/18 10:11 PM Re: Crabbing [Re: Waterboy]
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

Loc: Everett
Crabbing in the Everett vicinity has sucked. I stopped setting pots locally after the first weekend. I've done better up north of Langley in Holmes harbor and right next to the Muk ferry on the Everett side.

And if I am giving away your crabbing spot... Hey, beer you can post this info here since no one reads pp anymore. It's like 1999 all over again zip

Last weekend I was anchored up in Penn cove and the crab were huge and plentiful out by the green can on the Coupeville side of that shelf.

Edited by Sky-Guy (07/31/18 10:13 PM)

#991863 - 08/01/18 06:52 AM Re: Crabbing [Re: Waterboy]
RUNnGUN Offline
Repeat Spawner

My buddy in Langley said it has dropped off significantly since the opener. By the way, I was contacted by WDFW about a pot I lost In MA 7 opening weekend. I thought someone stole it, but it must have got drug by kelp or something in the big tides. Picked it up yesterday. Nice to see enforcement activity on closed days.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Born2Boat, Dirk Mc Girk, Frankster, Oz-fish, starfisher
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 376 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |