THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#991450 - 07/21/18 01:05 PM Re: Area 11, Anyone Fishing around Tacoma [Re: Sol Duc]
slabhunter Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Sheltona Beach
Perhaps the MA 11 should be split up by the Ferry lane to Vashon. West side can fish due to lower Sound abundance. East side should wait for test fishing results?

#991475 - 07/22/18 07:15 PM Re: Area 11, Anyone Fishing around Tacoma [Re: fishenfool]
fishenfool Offline
Spawner

Loc: DASHPOINT
fished the incoming tide from 9-4pm today, started at girl scout camp and trolled with tide toward ferry dock, lots of bait, no biters. left there and shot across west and fished gig harbor shoreline and in front of gig harbor and toward the bridge, some bait and no fish. Headed east and fished Pt Defiance area until 4pm. nothing on purple haze, one shaker on coyote spoon...WTF where are the fish???could have fished Browns Point and saved gas...

#991570 - 07/24/18 07:54 PM Re: Area 11, Anyone Fishing around Tacoma [Re: fishenfool]
Terry Roth Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Vashon
Fished Point D Friday, counted 37 seals and sea lions!! No shortage of dogfish and red jellyfish. Caught 2 dogfish on herring in a Pro-troll holder, one was big enough to be a real hassle to unhook, it was foul hooked in the dorsal fin! Tried its best to stab me with its tail stinger.

Went over to Gig Harbor and trolled all the way to Point Richmond, lots of weed in the water but no action. On the upside, lots of bait balls. Did some jigging for herring, and hooked a couple salmon smolts.

Sorry for the pessimistic post!! At least it wsn't pissing rain....

#991727 - 07/27/18 12:05 PM Re: Area 11, Anyone Fishing around Tacoma [Re: fishenfool]
stonefish Offline
King of the Beach

Loc: Carkeek Park
Fishing Rule Change
Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife
July 27, 2018

Boat angling for salmon to reopen 7 days per week in Marine Area 11

Action: Marine Area 11 (Tacoma-Vashon Island) will reopen to boat angling for salmon seven days per week.

Salmon fishing is also open daily in Marine Area 11 from fishing piers and shorelines.

Effective date: 12 a.m. Tuesday, July 31.

Species affected: Salmon.

Reason for action: The fishery was closed to boat anglers Tuesdays through Thursdays to allow the fishery to extend later into the season.

Sufficient quota is available to reopen Marine Area 11 to salmon fishing from a boat 7 days per week.

Additional information: For specific regulations, anglers should consult the 2018-19 Washington Sports Fishing Rules pamphlet available online at http://wdfw.wa.gov/fishing/regulations/.

Anglers can check WDFW’s website at https://wdfw.wa.gov/fishing/reports_plants.html for the latest information on marine areas that are managed to a quota or guideline.

Information contact: David Stormer, (360) 902-0058; or Mark Baltzell, Puget Sound salmon manager, (360) 902-2807

#991784 - 07/29/18 03:00 PM Re: Area 11, Anyone Fishing around Tacoma [Re: Sky-Guy]
slabhunter Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Sky-Guy
The NIsqually had something like 20-30k Surplus hatchery Chinook last year. maybe the fishermen suck down that way??? slap

Perhaps this recent closure was to ensure surplus chinook in river.
I'm okay with that. Just wish WDFW would be honest.

#991785 - 07/29/18 03:25 PM Re: Area 11, Anyone Fishing around Tacoma [Re: Sky-Guy]
RUNnGUN Offline
Repeat Spawner

The NIsqually had something like 20-30k Surplus hatchery Chinook last year. maybe the fishermen suck down that way??? slap

It's been my experience the closer they get to home the less they bite. Lock jaw for sure. Best place to catch Nisqually and Deschutes kings is the Narrows North. And even then it can be challenging. Would be interesting to know the origin of the majority of whats caught at Mid Channel Bank, by far the best location to find biters.

Edited by RUNnGUN (07/29/18 03:36 PM)

#992017 - 08/06/18 05:36 PM Re: Area 11, Anyone Fishing around Tacoma [Re: fishenfool]
AkKings Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Kelso Wa.
Fished the PSA derby on Saturday around Pt Defiance, managed to find the 5th place fish (13.8lb) had another on briefly that was peeling line for about 5 seconds before letting us go, and released a couple shakers. Only 1 dogfish all day.
Grew up fishing this area but haven't fished it in about 25 years, it all came back quickly, fun day.

#992018 - 08/06/18 06:08 PM Re: Area 11, Anyone Fishing around Tacoma [Re: fishenfool]
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

Loc: Everett
Good to See ya around Scott. I asked about ya up at waterfall this year but most hadnt been there long enough to remember ya. some did.

#992019 - 08/06/18 06:36 PM Re: Area 11, Anyone Fishing around Tacoma [Re: Sky-Guy]
AkKings Offline
Three Time Spawner

Hey Ryley, yeah, I bailed about 5-6 years ago, realized I like spending my summers with my wife and kids better then chasing kings and putting up with resort BS. I think there might be 5-6 guides there that I still know, they've had a big turnover of veteran guides by the looks of things. Hope you did well, surprised you didn't fish with Robbo, or maybe you did?

#992020 - 08/06/18 06:36 PM Re: Area 11, Anyone Fishing around Tacoma [Re: fishenfool]
Larry B Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: University Place and Whidbey I...
Just a reminder that the PSA Gig Harbor derby is happening this coming Saturday, 11 August with the award ceremony beginning about 4:00 P.M. at Bass Pro Shop. Once the top ten fish awards have occurred all other items will be available to attendees by drawing of ticket numbers. Lots of good stuff and everyone has an opportunity to walk away with something. Tickets available at Pt. Defiance, Sportco and Day Island Marina or online at our website (with rules): http://gigharborpsa.org/.

It's the person who has done nothing who is sure nothing can be done. (Ewing)

#992022 - 08/06/18 08:19 PM Re: Area 11, Anyone Fishing around Tacoma [Re: AkKings]
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

Originally Posted By: AkKings
Hey Ryley, yeah, I bailed about 5-6 years ago, realized I like spending my summers with my wife and kids better then chasing kings and putting up with resort BS. I think there might be 5-6 guides there that I still know, they've had a big turnover of veteran guides by the looks of things. Hope you did well, surprised you didn't fish with Robbo, or maybe you did?

Fished with jimmy last year, this year I fished with Richard (AKA Addicted) @ Waterfall...Kings were tough but I have enough pink in the freezer anyway, & and we had a total blast focusing on live baiting monster lings. Sounds like you got your priorities straight! Lemme know if you have a B10 seat open smile

#992023 - 08/06/18 08:52 PM Re: Area 11, Anyone Fishing around Tacoma [Re: Sky-Guy]
AkKings Offline
Three Time Spawner

I should know by the end of the week about B-10, I'll let you know. If things work out I'll be down there the 20th-24th in a new boat.
I think I got out of AK at a good time, the fishing up there the past few years sure ain't like it was, glad I can say I was there for the good ol days.

#992033 - 08/07/18 12:49 PM Re: Area 11, Anyone Fishing around Tacoma [Re: Sky-Guy]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Lemme know if you have a B10 seat open smile

Why do YOU need a seat at B10???? Just haul that little dingy-of-a-boat of yours on down to Astoria. smile

I'd PAY your launch fee to see you launch that at the East Mooring Basin.

rofl

PS. Heading down with Randy and Scawtty (Sledddddddddddddder and CanyonMan) from the 17-24th. If you see some knuckle heads in a nice shiny 24' North River Seahawk, say hi.

#992034 - 08/07/18 01:00 PM Re: Area 11, Anyone Fishing around Tacoma [Re: fishenfool]
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

I cant afford a truck and trailer yet, im spending all my money on gas... grin

#992041 - 08/07/18 02:04 PM Re: Area 11, Anyone Fishing around Tacoma [Re: Sky-Guy]
slabhunter Offline
River Nutrients

Lots of boats out there. No body is talking. zip

#992097 - 08/08/18 07:02 PM Re: Area 11, Anyone Fishing around Tacoma [Re: fishenfool]
fishenfool Offline
Spawner

Loc: DASHPOINT
fished Pt Robinson last week, picked up 16lbrs 2 days in a roll, went out this afternoon for 4;30 high at Browns pt to much garbage in water so motored north a mile dropped down 75' and went over bait ball and had my 4th 16lbr fish in 5 days of fishing sound. took neighbor out last week to Pt R after getting my 16lbrs the previous days and caught 8lb king and 5 lb silver all at 75', neighbor had no hits... catching bigger fish then what I was catching last year in sound, heading out in AM for tide, probably Pt Robinson, need to fuel up in DesMoines...

#992099 - 08/08/18 08:19 PM Re: Area 11, Anyone Fishing around Tacoma [Re: fishenfool]
Silver1 Offline
Fry

Loose lips sink ships. I think it's great you're catching fish, but you do realize this is a quota fishery and fish checks are not the only tools used to shut it down. Just sayin'.

#992102 - 08/08/18 10:04 PM Re: Area 11, Anyone Fishing around Tacoma [Re: fishenfool]
deerlick Offline
Spawner

Loc: around
Or not, nobody reads this anymore. I'm sure there is endless facebook posts about it to go [Bleeeeep!] on.

#992103 - 08/08/18 11:08 PM Re: Area 11, Anyone Fishing around Tacoma [Re: fishenfool]
Larry B Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: University Place and Whidbey I...
If you fish out of Pt. Defiance be sure that if you are questioned by a WDFW fish checker that you ensure that they ask you where you caught your fish rather than allowing them to assume any fish were caught in MA11 (when they might have been caught in MA 13). Accuracy in creel surveys is critical.

It's the person who has done nothing who is sure nothing can be done. (Ewing)

#992104 - 08/09/18 04:46 AM Re: Area 11, Anyone Fishing around Tacoma [Re: fishenfool]
Silver1 Offline
Fry

Point taken deerlick. Not a facebooker so I can only imagine. It seems that we're our own worst enemy at times.
A question for those in the know. If we reach chinook quota in Area 11, are there impacts set aside for the silver fishery or will we be sitting on the beach. Thanks.

Edited by Silver1 (08/09/18 04:46 AM)

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
landcruiserwilly, Tom Trune
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 319 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |