NativeSteelhead Offline
Alevin

Loc: Port Orchard
Is this the "Fishing Forum"?

#99512 - 11/22/00 10:26 AM Re: Washington state hunters
Osprey Offline
Spawner

Loc: Osprey Acres /Olympja
Hey B-Run ,good topic all though this is a "fishing forum" we have on more than 0ne ocasion discussed hunting as many of us go both ways
B-Run you are welcome to come float with me anytime,of course I'd love to come visit those Gray Ghosts living on you're property...
Problem a few give the rest of us a bad name,
reminds me of my son when he was about 6 we had just finish taking a short walk down a game trail,I could tell the 6 year old attention span was faltering,He said Dad what are we doing I said son were hunting...he replied this ain't hunting it's walking in the woods I replied well whats hunting then he said hunting is driving around in the truck listening to the radio drinking choclate milk
I guess we start em early over here...take care...Os

------------------
Row Quietly and fish a Cataraft }<<(('>----<'))>>{
Release all Wild Fish

[This message has been edited by Osprey (edited 11-23-2000).]

#99513 - 11/22/00 12:20 PM Re: Washington state hunters
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
NativeSteelhead - This sort of ranting almost always happens when the waters get low and fish do not cooperate. It will clear up when we get some rain and new fish.

Parker

#99514 - 11/22/00 01:17 PM Re: Washington state hunters
BWO1 Offline
Parr

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
I would think you would be able to read the title and figure out this isn't a fishing topic.... try skipping the ones that mention hunting next time. Also, lighten up! the post was funny. get a sense of humor and laugh a little.

#99515 - 11/22/00 01:22 PM Re: Washington state hunters
backlash2 Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Pasco, WA
Well, I thought lazy road hunters existed everywhere. Thanks for clearing it up for me, they're only from Washington state!! You really should be more careful about how you generalize things. BTW-- Where exactly were you when you saw all these guys road hunting?? IN YOUR TRUCK, MAYBE?!?!

#99516 - 11/22/00 03:23 PM Re: Washington state hunters
B-RUN STEELY Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: IDAHO
O.K guys, seasons over and everyone went home. A few points to clear up. Your right, there are a lot of red, white and blue plates doing the same thing. The deal is they seem to know when to pull over and let someone drive past. A lot of people work in the woods and could care less if they see deer or not. Its a long drive when your behind someone who is convinced that you want to get past them to get to that 6 point thats for sure standing around the next corner.. or the next or maybe the one after that... A freind a few years ago was driving up one of the creeks going up to fix some fence. Came around the corner and there in the middle of the road, both doors wide open, engine running was a chevy pick up. Nobody was around. He turned off the key and yelled down the hill.. way down in the bottom came the reply..."we got one !!!!" ... Good for you... I'm gonna move your truck.. O.K... from way down in the bottom "O.K".. So he pulls it to the side, turned it off, and locked the keys in the cab. Thats pretty harsh!!!

I showed this to some of the guys I hunt with and they came up with a list of how you can tell a local from a Wa State hunter.

1> Local, Truck is a piece of crap. Wa guy, loaded diesel with winch and no front plate. ATV in back

2> Local, looking for his third deer of the
year and still has his tag. Wa guy, paid a fortune for his tag and can't get his GPS to work

3> Local, told his wife he would be hunting all day but somehow wound up at the bar. Wa guy told his wife he was going hunting in Idaho and brought some gal from the office with him (camp cook)

4> Local, his wife wants to know how he spent 60 bucks to go hunting for 1 day (SAT IN BAR) Wa guys wife wants to know how he put 700 bucks on the Chevron card and whats this charge on the visa card to the silver shoe in spokane ???

5> My wife.. wonders why I read this just about every day... Your wives.. wonder the same thing about you you guys.

Hope you get your rain, we could use some too..

#99517 - 11/22/00 03:44 PM Re: Washington state hunters
Last Cast Offline
Smolt

Loc: Sumner Wa.
B-Run LOL Let me clear a few things up for you,#1 agree with you on the trucks #2 Wa. guy has three deer without buying his tag #3 In Wa. they're called camp meat not camp cook #4 Silver Shoe no way Motel 6 #5The Boss wonders why he's paying us to read this.

#99518 - 11/23/00 11:52 AM Re: Washington state hunters
Osprey Offline
Spawner

Loc: Osprey Acres /Olympja
LOL I agree,I think the local applies over here too,I've been to Bucoda

------------------
Row Quietly and fish a Cataraft }<<(('>----<'))>>{
Release all Wild Fish

#99519 - 11/23/00 12:28 PM Re: Washington state hunters
skunkmaster Offline
Parr

Loc: Cosmopolis,Wa USA
Silver Shoe no way. Wallace ID.
OH the college days.

#99520 - 11/23/00 03:01 PM Re: Washington state hunters
steelyhorn hunter Offline
Smolt

Loc: eastside
skunkmaster, been there done that!!! You're right, oh them college days!!! Ha ha ha

#99521 - 11/25/00 08:29 PM Re: Washington state hunters
Big Jim Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Tacoma, Wa. USA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I like that. But I don't know why you are calling the girl from the office a camp cook or camp meat. I thought they were the pack animals? At least most of the ones from my work could pass for them. Otherwise, they are bagwarmers. Sorry ladies, just some chest thumping humor.

------------------
Just because I look big, dumb, and ugly, doesn't mean I am. It means I can stomp you for calling me it!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Chad Lee, fish_hunter, Grady 265, pimpinshrimp, Stew, xflyzguy
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1229 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645416 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |