Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#994925 - 10/18/18 07:12 PM Who's excited about a new NHL team in Seattle
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

I don't watch much hockey, but appreciate how skilled they are. I could see getting into it. How about you ?

- Albert Einstein.

#994927 - 10/18/18 07:29 PM Re: Who's excited about a new NHL team in Seattle [Re: Sol Duc]
eddie Offline
Carcass

Loc: Valencia, Negros Oriental, Phi...
I love watching the Tbirds! But, it's not as expensive as the NHL.

R.P. McMurphy - One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

#994932 - 10/18/18 09:30 PM Re: Who's excited about a new NHL team in Seattle [Re: Sol Duc]
Snake Pliskin Offline
Bead

Loc: Duvall
I would prefer the Sonics back. The only good thing about hockey are the fights. I've always wondered why in sport fights....in football the players wear helmets and full pads and are standing on soft grass, but the fights are stopped immediately. In baseball fights, players jump on anyone and square dance until it's over. But in hockey, they let them fight, standing on slick ice, with no helmets, wearing razor sharp blades on their feet. Gotta respect that level of brutality.

#994935 - 10/18/18 09:46 PM Re: Who's excited about a new NHL team in Seattle [Re: eddie]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Originally Posted By: eddie
I love watching the Tbirds! But, it's not as expensive as the NHL.

Are NHL tickets pricey ?

- Albert Einstein.

#994937 - 10/18/18 09:49 PM Re: Who's excited about a new NHL team in Seattle [Re: Snake Pliskin]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Originally Posted By: Snake Pliskin
I would prefer the Sonics back. The only good thing about hockey are the fights. I've always wondered why in sport fights....in football the players wear helmets and full pads and are standing on soft grass, but the fights are stopped immediately. In baseball fights, players jump on anyone and square dance until it's over. But in hockey, they let them fight, standing on slick ice, with no helmets, wearing razor sharp blades on their feet. Gotta respect that level of brutality.

Just a matter of time before we get a NBA team. I went to a lot of Sonic games growing up as a Kid.

- Albert Einstein.

#994938 - 10/18/18 09:53 PM Re: Who's excited about a new NHL team in Seattle [Re: Sol Duc]
NickD90 Offline
Shooting Instructor for hire

Loc: Snohomish, WA
I think it'll be great for us and give us even more leverage to use against the NBA. Hockey is a blast to watch. I don't know jack about the rules, but it's still an exciting sport. I lived in both Detroit and Denver during their late 90's heydays and it was simply awesome. I was in Chicago during their last Stanley Cup win and that place went bonkers. If the Seattle team and market can get anything like that level, we'll be in for some good times.

Side Bet: $10 says this brand new NHL team will make the playoffs before the Mariners.

#994940 - 10/18/18 09:58 PM Re: Who's excited about a new NHL team in Seattle [Re: NickD90]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

I'll keep my ten spot in my wallet. grin

- Albert Einstein.

#994953 - 10/19/18 07:43 AM Re: Who's excited about a new NHL team in Seattle [Re: Sol Duc]
eddie Offline
Carcass

Loc: Valencia, Negros Oriental, Phi...
Last study I saw indicated that the NFL had the highest ticket price at $92 per ticket, then hockey at $62, NBA at $56, and MLB at $31.

R.P. McMurphy - One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

#994966 - 10/19/18 10:20 AM Re: Who's excited about a new NHL team in Seattle [Re: Sol Duc]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Maybe there's something wrong with my frame of reference, but no way in hell will I pay that kind of money to watch a sports game. OK, once I did spend $45 on a Mariners ticket to attend a game with a co-worker, just to see if it might be worth it. With beer and hotdogs at $8 each, it wasn't. I attended a couple Seahawks games over 20 years ago with a friend who held several season tickets. I can see the game better on my TV in my living room, and refreshments are reasonably priced too.

I'm not anti-sports. I like sports. I just don't like doling out large expenditures to pay owners and players big bucks to play games. It doesn't pencil out.

#994974 - 10/19/18 12:38 PM Re: Who's excited about a new NHL team in Seattle [Re: Salmo g.]
CedarR Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Olympia, WA
Originally Posted By: Salmo g.
Maybe there's something wrong with my frame of reference, but no way in hell will I pay that kind of money to watch a sports game. OK, once I did spend $45 on a Mariners ticket to attend a game with a co-worker, just to see if it might be worth it. With beer and hotdogs at $8 each, it wasn't. I attended a couple Seahawks games over 20 years ago with a friend who held several season tickets. I can see the game better on my TV in my living room, and refreshments are reasonably priced too.

I'm not anti-sports. I like sports. I just don't like doling out large expenditures to pay owners and players big bucks to play games. It doesn't pencil out.

agree

I've attended pro baseball, basketball and football games when the price was right. Huge cable contracts, ridiculous player salaries, and rip-off parking and concession prices have made me a stay at home sports fan these days. One can enjoy a sixpack of microbrews for the price of a single stadium beer, and the grocery clerk won't expect a tip for handing your $8 beer to you. Big screen televisions offering hi-def resolution, many camera positions, replays and graphics present an optimal viewing experience. If I'm jonesing for some live sports action, free parking and affordable concessions, I'll attend a high school event featuring league rivals.

I hope Seattle does land a NHL hockey team. It will be exciting to watch them ...at home.

#994989 - 10/19/18 05:37 PM Re: Who's excited about a new NHL team in Seattle [Re: Salmo g.]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Originally Posted By: Salmo g.

100% agree.

- Albert Einstein.

#994992 - 10/19/18 05:56 PM Re: Who's excited about a new NHL team in Seattle [Re: Sol Duc]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

Loc: Vancouver, WA
$92 to watch Ruffle run for his life.

frown

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (stonefish), 1067 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645293 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |