THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#477146 - 01/03/09 10:15 PM HB to Sultan Tomorrow ahhh yaaaaaaaaaaa!
BCB Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: LynnHood
So I saw the sultan to lewis was ok for Sue today, anyone hit the HB to Sultan drift lately? My Bro and I are dustin off the old 8 seater raft tomorrow and hitting it. I expect to see some strange looks as we float by in this 1996 White water raft ( Blue.) We built a nice anchore transum so it works well. We have drifted the sky, yak, skagit, bogie, HOH in this thing and works great. So as you laugh at us from the bank, well be hitting the zones bonking hatch crome!!!! Hope to see some fellow PP members on the water tomorrow. If you see me tomorrow throw a nasty dead chum out my way and I'll know you read this Post eek2

thumbs

"I LOVE IT WHEN A PLAN COMES TOGETHER!"
Col. John "Hannibal" Smith

#477150 - 01/03/09 10:28 PM Re: HB to Sultan Tomorrow ahhh yaaaaaaaaaaa! [Re: BCB]
big o Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: bothell
hmmm dont know what im doing yet tomorrow but we'll see. Might see you out there

#477154 - 01/03/09 10:38 PM Re: HB to Sultan Tomorrow ahhh yaaaaaaaaaaa! [Re: big o]
Red Neckerson Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: WA
C'mon down south Omar. Hick and I are spooning a couple of local rivers tomorrow. Leave here at 5:45. Bring spoons

#477155 - 01/03/09 10:39 PM Re: HB to Sultan Tomorrow ahhh yaaaaaaaaaaa! [Re: Red Neckerson]
big o Offline
Returning Adult

might have to do that. Im waiting for a phone call but might just head down that way. been a while since i have been able to huck spoons all day

#477159 - 01/03/09 10:49 PM Re: HB to Sultan Tomorrow ahhh yaaaaaaaaaaa! [Re: big o]
BCB Offline
Returning Adult

Go hook some crome on that 8 weight of your's bro, screw the spoons lol. I showed ya the rig up.

Edited by BACK CHANNELBOB (01/03/09 10:49 PM)

#477186 - 01/04/09 01:00 AM Re: HB to Sultan Tomorrow ahhh yaaaaaaaaaaa! [Re: ]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

Backcheannel, you might have to get out, upstream of the OSO drift.

Sharp corner and lots of wood. (last time I was there.)

The bottom of the OSO(wrong town) Start Up drift is a white water with several whirlpools from a series of rock wall /jetti to push the water away from the bank. Its where the house stood for many years on the river side of the tracks and washed away about ten years ago.

Edited by Lead Bouncer (01/05/09 03:24 AM)

#477192 - 01/04/09 01:20 AM Re: HB to Sultan Tomorrow ahhh yaaaaaaaaaaa! [Re: Fast and Furious]
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

Loc: Everett
Don't Worry Bob, Rumor Bouncer is talking about the fingers, a feature UPSTREAM from where you'll be launching.

Chuck- I don't get to sleep in tomorrow, My wife and I just had this discussion...... SLeep-ins are rare for me, cause I'm either fishing or making up for just going fishing.

Good luck tomorrow, I cant get out. Used up all my fishin passes the last two weeks. BTW, The fish we hooked today came on small corky/yarn combo's.

...& Make sure you borrow a space heater from Jonas.

#477195 - 01/04/09 01:33 AM Re: HB to Sultan Tomorrow ahhh yaaaaaaaaaaa! [Re: Sky-Guy]
BCB Offline
Returning Adult

Dont think Ill need the space heater. Got some serious underware for the float. I cant believe Im still up?????? I have the itch and can't sleep. Launchin about 6.45 tomorrow morning. Thanks for all the advise Sky guy. U da Man!~!!

I will report with a pic or 2 and perhaps a vid of me fighting mass chrome lets pray my friend. BCB out till 2 morrow afternoon.

#477209 - 01/04/09 05:47 AM Re: HB to Sultan Tomorrow ahhh yaaaaaaaaaaa! [Re: BCB]
mreyns_tgl Offline
Random VaJJ Stalker

Loc: Port Angeles
Originally Posted By: BACK CHANNELBOB
1996 White water raft ( Blue.)

cool.

#477213 - 01/04/09 10:00 AM Re: HB to Sultan Tomorrow ahhh yaaaaaaaaaaa! [Re: mreyns_tgl]
GBL Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Yakutat
Back:
Those type rafts work great!
I had 6 of them built in China at a company that builds them for the military, they are tough as nails and float great.
Aluminum tub rowing frame and it is all set.
An anchor bracket is easy to put on that type rig.

#477317 - 01/04/09 07:23 PM Re: HB to Sultan Tomorrow ahhh yaaaaaaaaaaa! [Re: big o]
pickleboss Offline
Smolt

Loc: Center of the universe
Are spoons the hot set up for the sky? what kind/color thanks for any info i'm a greenhorn!

#477350 - 01/04/09 09:22 PM Re: HB to Sultan Tomorrow ahhh yaaaaaaaaaaa! [Re: pickleboss]
big o Offline
Returning Adult

so what happened out there bob?

#477470 - 01/05/09 02:37 AM Re: HB to Sultan Tomorrow ahhh yaaaaaaaaaaa! [Re: ]
Phil Maraude Offline
Fluffer

Loc: Port Angeles Wa.
Originally Posted By: pickleboss
Are spoons the hot set up for the sky? what kind/color thanks for any info i'm a greenhorn!

get them spoons out

i use rvrfshr 1/2 oz. 50/50 and and 2/5 silver hammered spoons
u can buy em from Todd
i strongly urge it with this colder weather i went 4/4 with them 2day on hatch fish on a quicky trip for 2 hours of bank fishing
i havent found better spoons then the rvrfshr ones, especially for the money!and its always good to support a fellow pp'er

today i got this 35x18.5

Edited by Phil Maraude (01/05/09 02:42 AM)

http://wfoworms.com
http://www.rvrfshr.com
http://www.batsonenterprises.com/

#477471 - 01/05/09 02:42 AM Re: HB to Sultan Tomorrow ahhh yaaaaaaaaaaa! [Re: pickleboss]
Addicted Offline
Rico Suave

Loc: Whidbey Island

Wanna cover cool water on a decent sized river and make an attempt at some nates, or even a stubborn hatchery fish. Spoons! (a couple other things work too.) But spoons are easy. Them Rvfshr 50/50 with them special hooks kick butt, and double stacked set ups work great in the heavy water. Swing 'em and see what bites. (add stickers if ya wanna make Todd and Joe real happy.)

#477472 - 01/05/09 02:57 AM Re: HB to Sultan Tomorrow ahhh yaaaaaaaaaaa! [Re: Addicted]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Originally Posted By: Addicted
(add stickers if ya wanna make Todd and Joe real happy.)

rofl

That'll make Joe happy in the morning smile

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#477476 - 01/05/09 09:22 AM Re: HB to Sultan Tomorrow ahhh yaaaaaaaaaaa! [Re: Todd]
BCB Offline
Returning Adult

Well the river was running pretty low yesterday, Hit the launch about 620. Had to push out 2 guys from the snow packed parking lot. Including us! The Water color was gin clear and didnt see anything all day long. I had a few tugs early on with no set. I think the water need to come up al ittle bit before the real run starts. I had no problems all day with the raft. No snags or low spots, only had to push the raft one tome for all of 3 seconds. Very good float, just alittle slow on the fish. I did see a hobo down on the sultan side of the bridge with 2 fat Chrome Steelhead.

I think the sultan to lewis is deffinatly the float to do right now.

Edited by BACK CHANNELBOB (01/05/09 09:24 AM)

#477636 - 01/05/09 06:17 PM Re: HB to Sultan Tomorrow ahhh yaaaaaaaaaaa! [Re: Phil Maraude]
pickleboss Offline
Smolt

Thanks I will be ordering some asap! Did you get those fish on the sky?

#477637 - 01/05/09 06:21 PM Re: HB to Sultan Tomorrow ahhh yaaaaaaaaaaa! [Re: Addicted]
pickleboss Offline
Smolt

What are the couple of other things that work? I get my truck back tomorrow a.m. Where's a good bank spot on the sky? I know of the cracker bar and I am on foot as well thank for any intel...

#477642 - 01/05/09 06:40 PM Re: HB to Sultan Tomorrow ahhh yaaaaaaaaaaa! [Re: pickleboss]
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Loc: West Duvall
What are the couple of other things that work? I get my truck back tomorrow a.m. Where's a good bank spot on the sky? I know of the cracker bar and I am on foot as well thank for any intel...

One area I like is about a mile above the mouth of the Wallace. If you park at the turnouts about 1/2 mile before the end of the road, you can wade across the side channel – unless the river is too high - and fish you way up river for a looong ways. Once up around the first big bend you will find very few people and fish will hold in there. I like to toss spoons there as it is big flat nondescript water.

Good luck.

#477653 - 01/05/09 07:28 PM Re: HB to Sultan Tomorrow ahhh yaaaaaaaaaaa! [Re: pickleboss]
Phil Maraude Offline
Fluffer

Loc: Port Angeles Wa.
Thanks I will be ordering some asap! Did you get those fish on the sky?

the ones in the pics no

but those spoons will work very well there

they are pretty much the only ones i use and they do well everywhere i have fished them

glad to hear you are going to order some

http://wfoworms.com
http://www.rvrfshr.com
http://www.batsonenterprises.com/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
m_ray, Str8nr
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (DrifterWA, Tug 3), 112 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |