Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#543342 - 10/05/09 12:32 PM Cowlitz area report
chumbuster1 Offline
Parr

Loc: Mason Lake, Mason Co,WA
Went down to the Cowlitz this last weekend, first we went to Barrier Dam we didn't even get our gear out it was ridiculous shoulder to shoulder people with bad attitudes, the majority of fish being caught were ugly old kings, and only a few silvers seen caught.
Saturday we get some reports that the mouth of the Toutle was on fire so we shot down there only to be disappointed again with no room at all to squeeze in probably no less then 80 plus people on the beach and we counted 14 boats up and down the area, very few people catching anything saw 3 silvers landed in 6 hours and those guys were running 10 foot floss-er lines.
If this is how fishing is going to be I think I will give fishing up it is fricken ridiculous.

#543344 - 10/05/09 12:43 PM Re: Cowlitz area report [Re: chumbuster1]
BenWA Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Auburn
Sounds like the norm for bank fishing the spots you mention.. if these are the only places you go.. then you might want to consider hanging it up

with out a doubt sickening to watch, let alone be in the mix of it.. know of a few pretty good reports from boats

#543345 - 10/05/09 12:45 PM Re: Cowlitz area report [Re: chumbuster1]
FASTWATER Offline
Spawner

Loc: Place's you only dream about
I saw lots of fish caught by banky's on the cowlitz yesterday, just get away from the meatholes and find your own fish and you will do fine!!!PEACE

#543388 - 10/05/09 02:56 PM Re: Cowlitz area report [Re: FASTWATER]
STRIKE ZONE Offline
GOOD LUCK

Loc: Hobart,Wa U.S.A
Sounds about right for the spots you picked to fish.Good luck,
STRIKE ZONE

Your lucky you didn't get your rig broken into.

#543393 - 10/05/09 03:09 PM Re: Cowlitz area report [Re: chumbuster1]
Driftfishnw Offline
Steelhead Hitman

Trying to fish those spots can make any respectable angler want to hang-up his gear for good.

My only advise is to shy away from anyplace that is told to be "on fire" in western washington. It's better just to find your own little piece of water, and to not think about quantity.

#543411 - 10/05/09 03:47 PM Re: Cowlitz area report [Re: Driftfishnw]
bankbum Offline
Spawner

i love how people always come on forums and cry about how people fish in flosser holes. what do you seriously expect to see in these spots?

its not that hard to find some water without people that will hold alot of willing fish to play with.

#543526 - 10/05/09 09:03 PM Re: Cowlitz area report [Re: chumbuster1]
chumbuster1 Offline
Parr

Loc: Mason Lake, Mason Co,WA
You all are right, I knew I was headed for places that usually have a lot of people. I guess I am just upset I didnt catch anything, and am I am out $200 with nothing to show for it.

#543595 - 10/06/09 01:17 AM Re: Cowlitz area report [Re: chumbuster1]
FishRanger Offline
Carcass

Loc: Where ever Dogfish tells me to...
$200 ... . . What, were they charging admission to see the show?!?!

Decisions are made by those who show up.

"Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect." Ralph Waldo Emerson

#543599 - 10/06/09 01:25 AM Re: Cowlitz area report [Re: chumbuster1]
wak & stak Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: wa,shelton
200 bucks did you buy a rew rod and reel? or was is the layoid?

#543609 - 10/06/09 02:54 AM Re: Cowlitz area report [Re: chumbuster1]
pickleboss Offline
Smolt

Loc: Center of the universe
Where you went flossing happens both areas only new fish bite try nightime then it is really ridiculous!

#543611 - 10/06/09 04:10 AM Re: Cowlitz area report [Re: chumbuster1]
Irie Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: South Sound
Originally Posted By: chumbuster1
Went down to the Cowlitz this last weekend, first we went to Barrier Dam we didn't even get our gear out it was ridiculous shoulder to shoulder people with bad attitudes, the majority of fish being caught were ugly old kings, and only a few silvers seen caught.
Saturday we get some reports that the mouth of the Toutle was on fire so we shot down there only to be disappointed again with no room at all to squeeze in probably no less then 80 plus people on the beach and we counted 14 boats up and down the area, very few people catching anything saw 3 silvers landed in 6 hours and those guys were running 10 foot floss-er lines.
If this is how fishing is going to be I think I will give fishing up it is fricken ridiculous.

Well surprise, surprise!

You discovered the status quo for Cracker Floss-fest of Southwest Washington.
Years ago, On an invite from the Thief/Tweeker FASTFISH, I was introduced to Blue Creek a few years ago while it was what it used to be. After 3 drifts I sliced off my line, put my rod in it's case and seriously contemplated NEVER fishing EVER again.
Straight up, the ilk that infest Barrier Dam/Blue Creek are the lowest scum of West Coast's Appalachia that are so intellectually, fiscally, and morally bankrupt that they cannot afford to feed their offspring through conventional means.

PS-Have fun replacing your car window glass that was smashed out to get at the butts in your ashtray while you were parked at the launch.

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Born2Boat, Dirk Mc Girk, Frankster, Oz-fish, starfisher
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 335 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |