LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#573588 - 01/18/10 03:36 PM Oregon License Fees Going Way Up!
Stalmass Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Selah, WA
Not sure if this has been discussed, but for those of us who purchase non-resident OR fishing licenses be prepared to cough up a whole bunch more $. Non-resident annual license plus combined angling tag to fish for Salmon/Steelhead going from $83 to $132.75 a 60% increase and enough for me to think twice about purchasing mine this year. I hope this back fires on them!

#573591 - 01/18/10 04:15 PM Re: Oregon License Fees Going Way Up! [Re: Stalmass]
SBD Offline
clown flocker

Loc: Water
Don't think it will since they don't have enough fish for everyone there selling licenses to now.. Just keep cutting the little guys out and problem fixed, State still makes the same just less people buying licenses. Tried and proven method down in the Gulf of Mexico..

There's a sucker born every minute

#573602 - 01/18/10 05:11 PM Re: Oregon License Fees Going Way Up! [Re: Stalmass]
Iwant2fish Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Whatcom County
This has been dicussed for awhile on other forums. I keep hearing people complain about it, but I didn't hear them complain about the $30-50K boat they would be using.

#573606 - 01/18/10 05:32 PM Re: Oregon License Fees Going Way Up! [Re: Iwant2fish]
STRIKE ZONE Offline
GOOD LUCK

Loc: Hobart,Wa U.S.A
Basically what it means for me is that I buy a two or three day licnse as needed but not to exceed the $132.50 charge.I only fish 3 to 8 day's down there any more.I use my WA license for the bouy-10 fishery while staying @ Ft.Stevens.Good luck,
STRIKE ZONE

#573619 - 01/18/10 06:43 PM Re: Oregon License Fees Going Way Up! [Re: STRIKE ZONE]
ctflyfish Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: ridgefield wa. usa
If my math is correct, an Oregonian can fish for everything (including shellfish) as a Non Res in Wa. for $81.95. This is about what other neighboring states and Canada charge.

A Wa. fisher going to Oregon pays $175.95. Oregon residents fishing/boating here do not pay an invasive species fee, but Washington residents fishing/boating in Oregon pay $22.00, 450% more than an Oregon resident pays in that state.
Washington residents pay an invasive species eradication fee as an add-on to boat trailers.

#573637 - 01/18/10 07:53 PM Re: Oregon License Fees Going Way Up! [Re: ctflyfish]
Stalmass Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Selah, WA
Here was the response I got from ODFW:

Thank you for your recent correspondence regarding the fee increase that took effect on January 1, 2010.

Since the last recreational fee increase in 2004, the cost of managing Oregon’s fish and wildlife has increased significantly. Like every business and household, we have seen the cost of fuel, equipment, supplies, insurance and other necessary operating expenses go up. Despite our efforts to control costs, we were faced with a difficult choice – either increase fees or make budget cuts that would significantly affect fishing and hunting opportunities.

Early in 2008, we discussed the options with hunters, anglers, sports groups, industry representatives and elected officials at more than a dozen public meetings around Oregon. They told us not to cut programs and, in fact, they told us to do more to improve fishing and hunting in Oregon. The increase in recreational and commercial fees will help do that.

More than 80-percent of the additional revenue from the fee increase was needed to keep hatcheries open, to avoid cutting back on Oregon State Police enforcement of fish and wildlife laws, and to maintain current fishing and hunting opportunities. The fee increase also helps pay for raising and stocking more trout, habitat improvement projects to benefit deer, elk, fish and other wildlife, and the hiring of more OSP troopers to enforce fish and wildlife laws. And, as part of the fee increase package, we reduced the cost for resident and non-resident youth to go fishing and hunting.

We recognize that there will be some resistance to higher fees and that some individuals may decide not to purchase a license this year. However, the fee increase was necessary to continue to provide quality fishing and hunting opportunities and to manage and protect Oregon’s fish and wildlife.

Sincerely,

Curtis E. Melcher, Deputy Director

Fish & Wildlife Programs

Oregon Department of Fish & Wildlife

#573642 - 01/18/10 09:05 PM Re: Oregon License Fees Going Way Up! [Re: Stalmass]
steely slammer Offline
Three Time Spawner

im sure washingtons will go way up this year too..

mainly region 6

#573676 - 01/18/10 11:13 PM Re: Oregon License Fees Going Way Up! [Re: steely slammer]
Steelheadman Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Poulsbo, WA,USA
I need to mail in my catch record. I'm not doing the annual license this year. I'm going to buy the 7 day license x 2. I think free fishing weekend just got more popular!

#573677 - 01/18/10 11:14 PM Re: Oregon License Fees Going Way Up! [Re: steely slammer]
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: East of Aberdeen, West of Mont...
Fee's for Fishing related.......need to increase double, maybe triple or more....to get close to the same % as hunting, wow, out of Staters are on "the reduced rate plan".....

Me thinks some "back room polictics", has been taking place to keep these fee's as low as they are !!!!!!!!

Check this out if you think I'm blowing smoke........

https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov/wdfw/licenses_fees.html

Edited by DrifterWA (01/18/10 11:16 PM)

"I thought growing older, would take longer"

#573693 - 01/18/10 11:52 PM Re: Oregon License Fees Going Way Up! [Re: DrifterWA]
Chum Man Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Yelmish
it's pretty evident when you fish the toutle/kalama and further SW washington rivers, half the time there's more oregon plates on the cars down there than WA plates!

#573705 - 01/19/10 12:24 AM Re: Oregon License Fees Going Way Up! [Re: ]
N W Panhandler Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Bremerton, Wa.
would surf fishing cost that much?

#573754 - 01/19/10 11:21 AM Re: Oregon License Fees Going Way Up! [Re: ]
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: East of Aberdeen, West of Mont...
N W Panhandler:

I used to enjoy "surf fishing"......would combine it with clam digging. Now to do that, I'd have to have the "salt water" license $22.20, Freshwater $24.00, clam $9.00. I only fish freshwater anymore and no clamming.....but getting closer to that "magic age"...70.

To make a comment about another thread on PP.....You used to be able to buy a "State fishing license"....that covered everything. The "old days".....

Just looked again this morning.....Resident hunting "Big Game"...$79.20------Non-resident.....$792.00...pretty much all the way down the list....cost to "non-resident is about 10 times as much. Fishing needs to do like wise.....would sure add some "needed funding" for Regions 1-6 to try to spend........If it went to the resource great.....everyday expenses........grrrrrrrrr

"I thought growing older, would take longer"

#573981 - 01/19/10 07:55 PM Re: Oregon License Fees Going Way Up! [Re: DrifterWA]
R W B Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Graham, Washington
The one thing mentioned above that will get you in a trick as a NON resident is the Aquatic Weed permit. That's $22.00 as stated but you better not get caught in Oregon with a boat without it on your person.
There's some word out there that the Oregon Police will be pulling out of state bosts over to check if they appear wet etc. Nothing wrong with the idea behind it but don't let it be a revenue producer for them by ignorance!! It really hasn't been talked about much?? Just my $.02

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
CHUBS
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 939 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13521
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645302 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |