THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#725026 - 12/13/11 04:22 AM A Short Retrospective of the fall salmon season...
superfly Offline
The Renegade White Man

Loc: The Coast or the Keys !!!
I just wanted to share a short and quick retrospective of My fall Salmon season...........
First off I want to say thanks to all the other guides that joined with me in trying to get along better and communicate better with one another to aviod some of the unnessecary BS that can go on when a small river gets packed with fish and people. Granted there will always be some sort of issues but it was not with the vetrans this year. I sure got tired of hearing the few stories of guys saying who are you and where are you from, cracked me up, it was all the rookies and youngsters playing that game. The one that I was involved with hilarious, dude, rookie says to me, " who are you and where are you from " The peanut gallery of about 30 other fisherman say to him, " if you don't know who he is then you have never fished here rookie" I did not have to say much..........after my boat landed and killed the final King we rowed by and I asked him who he was and where he was from and I got nothing, well being that my guys had caught and released a good 20 fish before killing there limit and the rookie had one he did not have much to say.
Anyways a good year all in all and now just waiting for some rain so we can continue on our late Coho harvest...................

Here are a few pics, please enjoy

Peace
Fly

Edited by superfly (12/13/11 04:37 AM)

360-888-7772

Stay Tuned for upcoming Hunts & Fishing info...........

New website & Channel Dropping soon !

Stay tuned for Turkey, Bear & Deer Hunts Along with Guided Sport Fishing.

Book Release Prior to Christmas 2021

#725046 - 12/13/11 10:20 AM Re: A Short Retrospective of the fall salmon season... [Re: ]
Benwa13 Offline
Fry

It has been a great year on the hump.. def have put the hurt on em fishing with you.. Sundays tri fecta was over the top good times!
Peace~

#725047 - 12/13/11 10:37 AM Re: A Short Retrospective of the fall salmon season... [Re: Benwa13]
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
I need to see a copy of your birth certificate Fly

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#725048 - 12/13/11 10:56 AM Re: A Short Retrospective of the fall salmon season... [Re: Benwa13]
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: East of Aberdeen, West of Mont...
Looks like lot's of "wild kings".......maybe the run size is on the rebound?????

"I thought growing older, would take longer"

#725056 - 12/13/11 11:21 AM Re: A Short Retrospective of the fall salmon season... [Re: DrifterWA]
superfly Offline
The Renegade White Man

Drifter, interesting you should say that, I probably hooked and landed more Kings than anyone over there this year and the only clipped fish we caught were the smaller 3 year olds that came early in the run. Not sure why we did not catch any clipped 4 year olds but I thought it was kind of strange myself. I would like to know why myself, did they not clip them or did that componet of the run completely fail ?

JG, My birth certificate reads 12/5/1964...Providence Hospital, Seattle Wa.........yes I am a true Wa. Nate, adipose and all !!!!!

Peace
Fly

360-888-7772

#725058 - 12/13/11 11:31 AM Re: A Short Retrospective of the fall salmon season... [Re: superfly]
Piper
Unregistered

Looks like a great season...

One of these days I'd definately like to get out there with you...

#725060 - 12/13/11 11:35 AM Re: A Short Retrospective of the fall salmon season... [Re: ]
snit Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Wenatchee, WA
I like the pic with the bottom of the drifter littered with fish! That says it all! Nice job Joe!!!!!!!!

#725067 - 12/13/11 12:21 PM Re: A Short Retrospective of the fall salmon season... [Re: snit]
STRIKE ZONE Offline
GOOD LUCK

Loc: Hobart,Wa U.S.A
Nice job.Looks like ya had a blue diamond plate willie glued to your ass this season.Just sayin.Good luck,
SZ

#725095 - 12/13/11 01:34 PM Re: A Short Retrospective of the fall salmon season... [Re: STRIKE ZONE]
Mystical Legends Offline
Spawner

Loc: Des Moines NOT Seattle
twas a decent year..not great. Nice pics Joe!

#725107 - 12/13/11 02:00 PM Re: A Short Retrospective of the fall salmon season... [Re: Mystical Legends]
superfly Offline
The Renegade White Man

it was the strangest thing Bernie........it was like that boat was my shadow, where ever I went it would soon show up..........strange huh....

Just sayin.................

Peace
Fly

360-888-7772

#725108 - 12/13/11 02:03 PM Re: A Short Retrospective of the fall salmon season... [Re: superfly]
Mystical Legends Offline
Spawner

Loc: Des Moines NOT Seattle
Originally Posted By: superfly
it was the strangest thing Bernie........it was like that boat was my shadow, where ever I went it would soon show up..........strange huh....

Just sayin.................

Peace
Fly

I can attest to that!....

Just saying....

Get to tying man!

#725117 - 12/13/11 02:53 PM Re: A Short Retrospective of the fall salmon season... [Re: Mystical Legends]
seastrike Offline
Hey Man....It's cool...

Loc: seattle
Any chance the azzhole guide was in a red boat? I had an interesting conversation with him at helo.
Besides that one guy we had a blast this fall over there.
My kiddo has kind of hit his stride with the fishing. Dad doesn't need to do much but get him there and suggest a method. Brent loves the Hump because it produces well for him.
And Fly, thanks for hospitality on the river this season! It was great to finally witness the FLY EXPERIENCE this year. It is nice to see a guy that has been guiding for so long have so much fun on the river.

#725145 - 12/13/11 04:18 PM Re: A Short Retrospective of the fall salmon season... [Re: ]
superfly Offline
The Renegade White Man

The Red Boat , Was it a Claka Craft ? if so that guy is an incompetent asshole and his name is Jim Babbcock and he is a totally incompetent fisherman as well as a total jackass on the river........I had a guy fighting a 37 pounder and as I was getting ready to net it he could not wait like everyone else in the red bluff and he goes rowing by me and directly over the fish freaking it out and taking another run and taking another 5 minutes to get it close again........if he would have lost that fish because of that schmuck you would have heard about the "old fly " making an appearance and probably being arrested.........anyways I love it and it was a great year !!!!

Peace
Fly

Edited by superfly (12/13/11 06:06 PM)

360-888-7772

#725154 - 12/13/11 04:54 PM Re: A Short Retrospective of the fall salmon season... [Re: superfly]
gooybob Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tacoma
Slabatizing!

#725178 - 12/13/11 05:51 PM Re: A Short Retrospective of the fall salmon season... [Re: gooybob]
sykofish Offline
I'm not short, I'm 'fun size'

Loc: Mulletville
Lookin good Joe. thumbs

I need to get up there.

Rusty Bell

#725187 - 12/13/11 06:06 PM Re: A Short Retrospective of the fall salmon season... [Re: sykofish]
superfly Offline
The Renegade White Man

yeah you do Rusty !

360-888-7772

#725196 - 12/13/11 06:41 PM Re: A Short Retrospective of the fall salmon season... [Re: superfly]
Twitch Offline
The Beav

Loc: Oregon Central Coast
The Red Boat , Was it a Claka Craft ? if so that guy is an incompetent asshole and his name is Jim Babbcock and he is a totally incompetent fisherman as well as a total jackass on the river........I had a guy fighting a 37 pounder and as I was getting ready to net it he could not wait like everyone else in the red bluff and he goes rowing by me and directly over the fish freaking it out and taking another run and taking another 5 minutes to get it close again........if he would have lost that fish because of that schmuck you would have heard about the "old fly " making an appearance and probably being arrested.........anyways I love it and it was a great year !!!!

Peace
Fly

There is a big thread on ifish about this guy rofl

#725221 - 12/13/11 08:02 PM Re: A Short Retrospective of the fall salmon season... [Re: Twitch]
FASTWATER Offline
Spawner

Loc: Place's you only dream about
The old Fly I remember that guy!!!PEACE

#725268 - 12/13/11 11:21 PM Re: A Short Retrospective of the fall salmon season... [Re: FASTWATER]
Jon Lawrence Offline
Parr

Loc: Port Orchard, Washington
I had a red clack run into my boat this year... Next year Joe, sink his boat!

www.DefianceMarine.com
www.Facebook.com/DefianceMarine
360-813-3600

#725271 - 12/13/11 11:32 PM Re: A Short Retrospective of the fall salmon season... [Re: Twitch]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

Loc: Vancouver, WA

Peace
Fly

Good stuff, Fly !

Originally Posted By: Twitch
There is a big thread on ifish about this guy rofl

When handed lemons make lemonade.....open up on 'em with the spudguns smile

http://www.ifish.net/board/showthread.php?t=386346&highlight=guide+on+humptulips

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
280ackimp, DAVEANNICK, nicksdad, redgussydog, reitersteelhead123, wallacewhaler123, zswoods
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (20 Gage, stonefish), 1040 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645357 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |