Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#765508 - 06/11/12 08:56 PM LMWS puts Team eyeFISH on the board.... *****
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

.... with the first salmon of 2012 landed on the F/V eyeFISH.

The stars lined up just right for this trip. Had just gotten my jack plate repaired on Friday afternoon (thanks Finn Electric!), without which the jet pump on my E-Tec was dead in the water. Weather/water on Saturday would make fishing outta my sled mission impossible, but Sunday's forecast was looking MUCH better.

Finally pulled the trigger and took the sled out to the ocean y'day to rustle up some bottomfish for the Achewter and eyeFISH clans.

Got out for the o'dark noon launch and spent a couple hours bouncin' bottom for earth-toned uglies before heading out to troll for prettier and shinier quarry.

Making the decision to venture offshore for salmon is always a bit dicey when I'm on call for the ER, but with a good bite so close to the marina, how could I NOT try? Admittedly, I did get called for a chemical eye injury while motoring out. Ho'boy! A sign of things to come?

But when the first rod went off before I could even get it into the FOLBE, we knew good things were gonna happen.

Ended a beautiful sunny afternoon in June with a treasure trove of groceries including ling cod, cabezon, black rockfish, and the season's first king salmon! Also some bonus crab courtesy of my bro Noel and family who camped at Westport for the weekend. Good eats this week!

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#765509 - 06/11/12 09:15 PM Re: LMWS puts Team eyeFISH on the board.... [Re: eyeFISH]
STRIKE ZONE Offline
GOOD LUCK

Loc: Hobart,Wa U.S.A
Gotta love flat seas and close salmon out @ west port.Nice start.I get dogged for the weekend opener this weekend but had fun with summer run fishing close by.Good luck,

SZ

#765510 - 06/11/12 09:16 PM Re: LMWS puts Team eyeFISH on the board.... [Re: STRIKE ZONE]
Eric Offline
River Nutrients

Healthy looking specimen. thumbs

Looks like you nailed the weather and water.

#765529 - 06/11/12 11:03 PM Re: LMWS puts Team eyeFISH on the board.... [Re: Eric]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
Gonna be interesting watching your youngest's selection in boys.
Very nice looking hen......sockeye, right? wink

While I think bleeding the fish in the bucket is a gr8 idea.....what makes it picture-worthy?

#765533 - 06/11/12 11:39 PM Re: LMWS puts Team eyeFISH on the board.... [Re: ParaLeaks]
steeliedrew Offline
SRC Poser

Loc: Snohomish
awesome!

"Dude...where's your boat!?" Team runaway drift boat prostaff.

Big Stick 2012: "EVERY thought of my being, is in regards to being a Hi-Tech Predator and I relish the role."

#765552 - 06/12/12 01:01 AM Re: LMWS puts Team eyeFISH on the board.... [Re: ParaLeaks]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Originally Posted By: Slab Happy

While I think bleeding the fish in the bucket is a gr8 idea.....what makes it picture-worthy?

Nothing really....

Just that the pic clearly shows the healed scar from a clipped adipose.... and as the good Doc LOVES to perennially post......

AhfMd!

Translation: ALL hatchery fish MUST die!

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#765554 - 06/12/12 01:15 AM Re: LMWS puts Team eyeFISH on the board.... [Re: eyeFISH]
Winterun Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tac/Puy
LMWS ain't so little anymore Doc!!! Maybe YMWS.... Young Miss Wood Shampoo would be a better fit!?!

Anyway, looks and sounds like you had a great time on the water with the family!!!

Thanks for sharing your outing with us!!!

Nice Chinark,
Winterun

#765577 - 06/12/12 09:41 AM Re: LMWS puts Team eyeFISH on the board.... [Re: Winterun]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
Papa Doc is gonna miss her when she gets preoccupied with "that guy".
Hard to believe she has grown up on this board. I remember the wooden hammer wielding in tiny hands.....classic photo.

#765582 - 06/12/12 10:14 AM Re: LMWS puts Team eyeFISH on the board.... [Re: ParaLeaks]
Mingo Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Kona, Hawaii
Awesome stuff Doc! I don't think you need to worry about LMWS dating some wimpy Alan Alda / PETA fag who listens to EMO crap and thinks fishing is barbaric..........that kid has her priorities clearly placed in the proper order! smile

#765585 - 06/12/12 10:26 AM Re: LMWS puts Team eyeFISH on the board.... [Re: ParaLeaks]
Twitch Offline
The Beav

Loc: Oregon Central Coast
Originally Posted By: Slab Happy
Hard to believe she has grown up on this board. I remember the wooden hammer wielding in tiny hands.....classic photo.

+1

My wife looked at this thread and if you scroll the screen just right, you can get doc's avatar and the current shot in the same view. She said, "Wow, she's really grown!"

BTW, nice work on the fish!

#765588 - 06/12/12 10:33 AM Re: LMWS puts Team eyeFISH on the board.... [Re: Twitch]
FleaFlickr02 Offline
River Nutrients

From the weather to the under the wire engine repair to the fish, one word comes to mind: NICE. Gotta love it when a plan comes together.

#765729 - 06/13/12 02:43 AM Re: LMWS puts Team eyeFISH on the board.... [Re: FleaFlickr02]
WoolyRunner Offline
Fry

Awesome Doc! We put in right behind you. I was going to come over and say Hi but you looked pretty busy and all. I told my dad that, "If he takes that in the ocean, we can certainly take ours!"

#765733 - 06/13/12 05:26 AM Re: LMWS puts Team eyeFISH on the board.... [Re: WoolyRunner]
Achewter Offline

Loc: N of Seattle
I'll bet Emi is beter at posing with a fish than 99 % of the people on this board. She is the smartest 13 year old I have ever met. She was bored on the drive home that night so she edited Alix's essay. Not only a great fishermen but a great Kid.

Slab must not have gotten The Memo. It was changed from little to Lovely Miss Wood Shampoo months ago.

#765839 - 06/13/12 09:37 PM Re: LMWS puts Team eyeFISH on the board.... [Re: WoolyRunner]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Originally Posted By: WoolyRunner
Awesome Doc! We put in right behind you. I was going to come over and say Hi but you looked pretty busy and all. I told my dad that, "If he takes that in the ocean, we can certainly take ours!"

Busy? NAH... just tryin' to make sure we weren't holding up the guys launching behind us. Never want to be "that guy" at the ramp. Shoulda just walked over to say howdy. No worry, brah... Team eyeFISH don't bite.

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#765917 - 06/14/12 03:52 AM Re: LMWS puts Team eyeFISH on the board.... [Re: eyeFISH]
WoolyRunner Offline
Fry

Originally Posted By: eyeFISH
Originally Posted By: WoolyRunner

Busy? NAH... just tryin' to make sure we weren't holding up the guys launching behind us. Never want to be "that guy" at the ramp. Shoulda just walked over to say howdy. No worry, brah... Team eyeFISH don't bite.

Lol. The guy launching behind you was me. No worries. Will do next time. How was the ocean in the sled? Was it your 1st time takin it out past the bar?

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
CHUBS
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 939 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13521
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645302 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |