LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#985024 - 02/06/18 08:55 AM The Reel News Article is STRONG! MUST READ!
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Graham, WA
James Goerg and Terry Sheely of The Reel News are not your stereo typical sports journalists, nor are they ones to mince words to try and stay politically correct. They say what the see and they see things are not well in the rec fishing community. I've had the pleasure to know these two fine gentlemen and admire there moral courage to speak out when others shy away from the issues. There latest edition is strong, accurate and inspiring to keep the fight going. Please read this, and let them know we appreciate their straightforward and honest reporting of the facts!

The Reel News: Editors Creel

The Reel News: Terry Sheely's Article

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

#985025 - 02/06/18 09:03 AM Re: The Reel News Article is STRONG! MUST READ! [Re: Bay wolf]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline
My Area code makes me cooler than you

Another clown marches down main street in the WDFW parade.

On to the next educated idiot.

Save an Orca...........................Plant fish!!!

#985066 - 02/07/18 08:24 AM Re: The Reel News Article is STRONG! MUST READ! [Re: Bay wolf]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline

Any excuse to plant fish.

Man screwed the wild fish pooch long ago.

#985094 - 02/07/18 06:16 PM Re: The Reel News Article is STRONG! MUST READ! [Re: Bay wolf]
IrishRogue Offline
Poon it! Poon it! Poon it!

Loc: Yarrow Point
Where/when did this story break? I've not heard of it before: "Revelation that the state senator behind a successful legislative bill that secreted tribal harvests information from non-tribal monitors is a member of the Tulalip Tribe."

#985103 - 02/07/18 08:44 PM Re: The Reel News Article is STRONG! MUST READ! [Re: Bay wolf]
muley77 Offline
Fry

Loc: Snoho
Here is my response from said "Tulalip Senator" whose district I am in.

Thank you for contacting me regarding your concerns of the 10 Year Puget Sound Chinook Management Plan by the Department of Fish and Wildlife. While I understand your concerns with this plan, I do not agree. Tribes, as sovereign nations have the right to consultation that ensures the State of Washington recognize their jurisdictional authority, especially when it impacts treaty rights. This plan is based on co-management from the state and treaty tribes, collectively. Although, I understand your frustration with the lack of input from helping members, this plan is meant to determine conservation objectives.

Again, thank you for reaching out to my office about this important issue. I look forward to hearing from you in the future.

Sincerely,

Astrid Serrano on behalf of Senator John McCoy

Astrid Serrano
Office of Senator John McCoy
38th Legislative District
Olympia (360) 786-7674
District (425) 259-1003
305 Legislative Building
PO Box 40438
Olympia, WA 98504-0438 my response from said Tulalip Senator

#985105 - 02/08/18 01:05 AM Re: The Reel News Article is STRONG! MUST READ! [Re: Bay wolf]
OceanSun Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: North Creek
"secreted tribal harvests information"

In reading the language from the bill in the TRN article the number or poundage of fish harvested is NOT exempted - only personal information and value of fish. If WDFW declines to report what is reportable it's on them.

John McCoy's answer is a jumble of words that lacks logic. Almost every sentence conflates issues or uses unrelated statements as justification. Wow!

#985112 - 02/08/18 08:19 AM Re: The Reel News Article is STRONG! MUST READ! [Re: Bay wolf]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline

Why do you ask Two Dogs?

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
landcruiserwilly, Tom Trune
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (wolverine), 433 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645372 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |