LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1020323 - 01/18/20 11:50 AM Seante Bill 5130 - Remove Fish Barriers - Scam?
Blu13 Offline
Juvenile at Sea

I came across this article on the KIRO Radio Site-My Northwest. Article states 5130 is about removing Fish Barriers by raising $$ on Real Estate Sales. Problem is when you look where the $$ is going it as they say "ain't going where it should".

2 percent to a public works assistance account
4.1 percent to an education legacy trust account
1.6 percent to a city-county assistance account
16.7 percent to the motor vehicle fund
75.4 percent to the general fund — where it can be spent on whatever the Legislature wants

https://mynorthwest.com/1673701/dori-leg-trojan-horse-bills/

#1020327 - 01/18/20 01:02 PM Re: Seante Bill 5130 - Remove Fish Barriers - Scam? [Re: Blu13]
Carcassman Online   content
River Nutrients

Loc: Olema,California,Planet Earth
We seem to be getting to the point that funds need to be mandated for specific tasks. This one, for example, goes only to the cost of actual barrier removal. All the money.

Dedicated funds may be the way of the future as we simply can't trust folks to do what they said they would do to get support.

#1020338 - 01/18/20 03:45 PM Re: Seante Bill 5130 - Remove Fish Barriers - Scam? [Re: Carcassman]
Larry B Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: University Place and Whidbey I...
Originally Posted By: Carcassman
We seem to be getting to the point that funds need to be mandated for specific tasks. This one, for example, goes only to the cost of actual barrier removal. All the money.

Dedicated funds may be the way of the future as we simply can't trust folks to do what they said they would do to get support.

The Legislature still hasn't replaced the money it stole (oops, should have said appropriated) from the dedicated RCO account and gave to the General Fund during the last budget crisis.

Sure would be nice if they returned it with interest. Truth is I will be old and dead before that happens.....and I am already old.

It's the person who has done nothing who is sure nothing can be done. (Ewing)

#1020340 - 01/18/20 03:51 PM Re: Seante Bill 5130 - Remove Fish Barriers - Scam? [Re: Carcassman]
Salmo g. Online   content
River Nutrients

Can I get an "Amen!"

#1020360 - 01/18/20 09:09 PM Re: Seante Bill 5130 - Remove Fish Barriers - Scam? [Re: Salmo g.]
Larry B Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: University Place and Whidbey I...
Originally Posted By: Salmo g.

Can I get an "Amen!"

Unfortunately, when it comes to money and power the Legislature has the power to raid so called dedicated funds. It is back to the trust thing and that is in short supply.

It's the person who has done nothing who is sure nothing can be done. (Ewing)

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
3 registered (Carcassman, Salmo g., 1 invisible), 1070 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13521
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645299 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |