Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1029075 - 04/24/20 04:44 PM NO PEBBLE
Salman Offline
Spawner

Call the Governor’s office & tell them you’re opposed to Pebble Mine at (907)269-7450. They are trying to rush the process with Covid-19 as an excuse. I would upload a picture of the facebook post by Save Bristol Bay but I don’t know how. I called and left a message, got right through.

#1029115 - 04/25/20 01:28 PM Re: NO PEBBLE [Re: Salman]
ned Offline
Spawner

Loc: MA 5, 9, 10
Done! Left a polite message that they harvest enough WA ond OR stocks already. If Bristol Bay fishermen are put out of business, they will be forced to alternate fisheries, and catch even more WA and OR fish. This is not acceptable. Please help preserve the AK native fisheries to relieve pressure on WA and OR stocks for all of us. Don't cave to the the mining lobbyists!

Edited by ned (04/25/20 01:29 PM)

#1029116 - 04/25/20 02:12 PM Re: NO PEBBLE [Re: ned]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Yep between the extractive industries assaults on the coldwater womb and all the low-holers raping the ocean nursery, the critter's candle is rapidly being burned from both ends.

The human madness of chasing the almighty dollar is a hard habit to break. Our exponential economy is drawing down all the assets of the natural world. Until mankind can muster the discipline to coexist with the natural economy and sustainably function as a part of the natural ecosystem rather than its conqueror, we'll continue down the path of our own destruction.

I truly fear for my grandson's future.

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#1029117 - 04/25/20 02:28 PM Re: NO PEBBLE [Re: Salman]
Salman Offline
Spawner

A 15 sqaure mile mine at the headwaters of any stream is huge.

#1029121 - 04/25/20 04:13 PM Re: NO PEBBLE [Re: Salman]
Brent K Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Arlington, Washington
If anyone wants to see what happens when a failure occurs look up "Mount Polley Mine Disaster". This was probably pretty small scale compared to what they are proposing for Pebble Mine.

#1029158 - 04/25/20 08:30 PM Re: NO PEBBLE [Re: eyeFISH]
RUNnGUN Offline
Repeat Spawner

Originally Posted By: eyeFISH
Yep between the extractive industries assaults on the coldwater womb and all the low-holers raping the ocean nursery, the critter's candle is rapidly being burned from both ends.

The human madness of chasing the almighty dollar is a hard habit to break. Our exponential economy is drawing down all the assets of the natural world. Until mankind can muster the discipline to coexist with the natural economy and sustainably function as a part of the natural ecosystem rather than its conqueror, we'll continue down the path of our own destruction.

I truly fear for my grandson's future.

Grandson's? How about our children, or even our future?

#1029555 - 05/01/20 03:33 PM Re: NO PEBBLE [Re: Salman]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

I figure I got 10 good years left... TOPS! I'll be gone before it all goes to $h!t. My kids are destined to have a less prosperous future than their old man. By the time my grandson is a productive adult, the competition for the most basic of natural resources will be acute. Clean fresh water will be the new gold.

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#1029558 - 05/01/20 06:02 PM Re: NO PEBBLE [Re: Salman]
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: East of Aberdeen, West of Mont...
November can lead to change.......Trump wants to roll back Ca standards, National parks are in his rifle scope......years to get standards for the betterment of the world, cut, change, all the positive environmental stadards, could be gone in a "Tweet".....grrrrrrrrr

"I thought growing older, would take longer"

#1029571 - 05/01/20 08:42 PM Re: NO PEBBLE [Re: Salman]
Salman Offline
Spawner

Exactly! Vote straight blue! Retardlicans don’t understand anything related to the environment much less anything else. Not sure how the party has gone from an outdoor champ like Teddy Roosevelt to a slum lord trying to whack down Tongass, dig Pebble, & save the dams. A true asshole, he’ll never be forgotten.

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
CHUBS
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 939 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13521
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645302 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |