Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1012766 - 08/11/19 10:43 AM Need charter fishing advice...in town from Philly
powerstrokincowb Offline
Smolt

Loc: Philly via Puyallup
After growing up in Puyallup fishing and hunting all over Washington, I moved to Philly in 2003 for school and have been there since. I had to cancel plans to fish in Alaska at the end of our Alaska cruise because my brother was just diagnosed with a rare and aggressive cancer. So now I am in Puyallup from now until Saturday visiting family.

Although my brother is probably not up to fishing due to his recent surgery, I want to get out with my nephew for some fishing. Since being away, I am not sure the best option for salmon fishing for us.

Ilwaco, Westport, Neah Bay...salmon charter or combo salmon/bottom fishing charter? Any river fishing good right now? I haven't even checked the regs yet. We are pretty much open to any fishing. Cost is not an issue...just want some good fishing with a good captain or guide.

Please give me some suggestions so we can get out this week.

Thanks in advance for any info!!

#1012772 - 08/11/19 01:16 PM Re: Need charter fishing advice...in town from Philly [Re: powerstrokincowb]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

Puyallup river is closed till this Thursday, water is typical of August...

Nisqually is going to get screwed due to the debris flow from the Tahoma Creek glacier on Rainier...

the Slammer out of Westport, has been doing excellent on Ling's, Bottom fish, and Salmon when they go...

https://www.facebook.com/charterboatslammer/

#1012787 - 08/11/19 06:15 PM Re: Need charter fishing advice...in town from Philly [Re: powerstrokincowb]
Local Offline
Returning Adult

I have gone out with Deep Sea Charters twice this year. As a Local I have fished out of Westport for 50 years. Deep Sea is as good as any.
They all seem to be running North for 2 to 3 hours and coming back with limits of Hatchery Coho, very few Chinook and too many Native Coho to count. There are several charters at Westport but not like the old days.

#1012822 - 08/12/19 12:38 PM Re: Need charter fishing advice...in town from Philly [Re: Local]
NOFISH Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Olalla, WA
Locally I would ping Matt McCullough of Tyee Charters for opportunites for salmon in Puget Sound
206-799-2530

maligem@comcast.net

Let us know how ya did!

Damn Stam!
Remember, Ask yourself "What would Stam do?" smile

#1012844 - 08/13/19 10:12 AM Re: Need charter fishing advice...in town from Philly [Re: NOFISH]
RogueFanatic Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Kitsap Co.
Originally Posted By: NOFISH
Locally I would ping Matt McCullough of Tyee Charters for opportunites for salmon in Puget Sound
206-799-2530

maligem@comcast.net

Let us know how ya did!

+1 for Matt. Guy knows how to fish and you won't be in the middle of the crowd.

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Chromeo, Colluvium, lat59, m wilson, phishkellar, TBJ
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (wolverine), 1019 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645360 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |