Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#104710 - 10/31/05 10:30 PM Out of Curiosity
KlausRMinnow Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Everwet WA
Just out of curiosity does this forum get more traffic in the summertime or is there that many fewer fly fishers?

#104712 - 10/31/05 11:34 PM Re: Out of Curiosity
Bob Offline

Dazed and Confused

Loc: Forks, WA & Soldotna, AK
Still trying to get the wings spread on this one ... but with some good input from all, it will grow over time smile

"You CANNOT fix stupid!"

#104713 - 11/01/05 12:10 PM Re: Out of Curiosity
KlausRMinnow Offline
Returning Adult

Thanks Guys I was pretty sure there were more than 3 bug casters on the forum

#104714 - 11/01/05 01:19 PM Re: Out of Curiosity
Old Man Offline
Spawner

Loc: Silver Star,Mt
There is more of us here. But it's just that the other forums have been here longer. I usually come here twice a day and if there is something that I can provide a answer to I will. And then get a bad time from H2H.

Jim

#104715 - 11/01/05 02:13 PM Re: Out of Curiosity
Homer2handed Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: DEADWOOD
Quote:
Originally posted by Old Man:
And then get a bad time from H2H.

Jim
That's my goal in life laugh

I once took an Old Man fishing and all he did was watch me fish :p

There are some really good fly fishers that stop by here daily; from two-handed guys to cutthroat fisherman (but those guys with single-handed rods are learning). evil

[img]http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:VeLkiG2PPCrjzM:www.bunncapitol.com/cookbook[/img]

#104716 - 11/01/05 02:59 PM Re: Out of Curiosity
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Klaus,

Unfortunately, since the demise of VFS, no fly fishing forum has emerged to fully take its place, even on the regional level. VFS was a product of Fly Fisherman magazine, and had an international following, with many very strong regional bulletin boards. I thought a regional following might happen here, but I think the prevalence of traditional gear fishing might have been the main obstacle. As near as I can tell, what used to be a large and solid fly fishing internet domain has spun off into 3 or 4 scattered forums. None of them has the substance that VFS had. So several fly guys that I know, like H2H, check on a number of forums to see what's transpiring in the fly world.

Sincerely,

Salmo g.

#104717 - 11/01/05 03:14 PM Re: Out of Curiosity
PhishPhreak Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: North Bend, WA
There is a very good washington fly fishing site that get's plenty of traffic. PM me if you want the name. I won't directly spam\plug the site here...

#104718 - 11/01/05 03:45 PM Re: Out of Curiosity
BrianL Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Bothell, WA
My .02,

As Salmo_G said, VFS was the first comprehensive regional flyfishing forum on the internet. It was natural that there were many spin-offs.

Some have gone down in Flames, others are still around. Each has a unique "personality" and a group of regulars.

It's true - with more to choose from, most of us surf several different sites as opposed to becoming a regular on only one.

I look for sites that have serious/hardcore fishermen who participate. This site is one of the best for that. As others have suggested, there are many who read this site and only delurk on threads that interest them.

Maybe we need to start posting pictures of questionable origin as is commonplace on the Open forum? Homer's already started this with that nefarious character in neoprenes he "out"ed in an earlier thread. evil :p I'm sure that would increase participation!! hello

TIC,

Brian

#104719 - 11/01/05 03:48 PM Re: Out of Curiosity
KlausRMinnow Offline
Returning Adult

Thanks Guys! The past five or six years I have been getting into the salt water flyfishing around the Sound and the Narrows for salmon and taken very nice fish (including a couple blackmouth to 6-7 lbs) but no Chinook of any size. I was curious if anyone has experimented with some of the heavy SW shooting heads for dredging down 40-50 feet along the bars at Mission and Possession. I remember as a kid we used to get a lot of big Kings right along the kelp line in front of the caves and the slide at Sekiu in 20-30 feet of water trolling Coho flies behind dodgers... should work for a caster too I think!

#104720 - 11/17/05 01:08 AM Re: Out of Curiosity
glennski Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Redmond, Wa.
Some like myself are so new to the joys of the fly that we just come here to read and learn from those with the know, please keep imparting the wisdom guys many need to get schooled ,thanks ahead of time for your help. Glenn

#104721 - 11/17/05 01:46 AM Re: Out of Curiosity
Homer2handed Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: DEADWOOD
Quote:
Originally posted by glennski:
Some like myself are so new to the joys of the fly that we just come here to read and learn from those with the know, please keep imparting the wisdom guys many need to get schooled ,thanks ahead of time for your help. Glenn
If anyone has questions fire away; there is alot out there if we can't answer it; I'll E-Mail some one that can
laugh

[img]http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:VeLkiG2PPCrjzM:www.bunncapitol.com/cookbook[/img]

#104722 - 11/18/05 02:00 AM Re: Out of Curiosity
KlausRMinnow Offline
Returning Adult

Since this thread popped up again I would like to part with a little info. The NF Stilly has winter fish! I was up last Sunday and went 0 for 1 on Steelies but saw several nice fish moving up as the water was falling fast.

While the steelhead fishing was not red hot the Catch and Release salmon fishing was, I got into close to a dozen Silvers and Chums in about 6 hours of fishing so all in all it was not a waste of time, as for flies... size 6 or 4 and black, black, and more black when it's cloudy
KRM

#104723 - 11/18/05 12:32 PM Re: Out of Curiosity
Old Man Offline
Spawner

Loc: Silver Star,Mt
Quote:
Originally posted by Homer2handed:
Quote:
Originally posted by Old Man:
[b] And then get a bad time from H2H.

Jim
That's my goal in life laugh

I once took an Old Man fishing and all he did was watch me fish :p

evil [/b]
I was trying to Spey rod fish. And since then I gave up on it. Not my bag.

Jim

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Carcassman, Clipfin, Danny Clyde, Dannyboy, dk1948, Twitch
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 993 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645361 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |