I'm not a big poster, but i had to share today. decide i would go to the nf lewis this afternoon since i had nothing better to do. got to the spot and decided i should break out the fly rod since it has been idle for a little while(winston ltx #5). went ahead and got it strung up and decided i would try a black/crystal flash wooly bugger thinking i might get some attention from the trout if nothing else. walked down to the hole and took a good look around, and see much going on. then i rememberd i had read somewhere recently about fresh, aggresive fish holding in the riffles during the heat of the day. so i figured it's as good a place to start as any. sent out the first cast and about halfway through the drift it gets interrupted by a thump, thump. come up tight and i figure i probably got a dink on. boy was i wrong! next thing i know backing is going out past the tip top. oh crap!! 25 minutes later a 12# steelie is sitting on the bank with me screaming like a school girl!! I figured since i didnt have a cooler, and since the fish gods were being kind it was time to go home and bbq fresh fish.

steve