Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#144820 - 03/12/02 02:48 PM OPD Propane Tanks
DriftWood Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tacoma, Wa, USA
Just got a new 1.2 gallon tank with the new opd valve for my mr heater boat heater. My first tank was harder than hell to fill, we finally managed to get .8 gal in it, hook up the heater not enough gas flow to light it. So I take it back and get another, actually get a gallon in this one it was slightly easier to fill than the last. I hook up the heater it lights halfway I turn it up no change. These new tanks are a friggin joke, anybody else have problems with thiers. mad mad

#144821 - 03/12/02 03:37 PM Re: OPD Propane Tanks
Doug Kelly Offline
Spawner

Loc: Bothell WA
have not changed mine out just for that reason, have heard of many stories about try ing to fill them pain in the a$$, what the reason for going to these new valves any ways, haven't heard of to many propane tanks tiping over lately, (say the last 20 years)

#144822 - 03/12/02 10:31 PM Re: OPD Propane Tanks
spawnout Offline
Spawner

Loc: Satsop
I've got the next size up, 3 gal or so, and it seems to fill ok, but I can only use 2 gallons of it and it loses pressure. Great, more weight, less performance, just like my Suzuki 4 stroke mad

#144823 - 03/12/02 11:26 PM Re: OPD Propane Tanks
B Gray Offline
Smolt

Loc: Bellingham
I have had two new one gallon tanks, with no problems.They also run my Mr. heater. New tanks have to be purged before they fill them for the first time. It sometimes supprises that some of the people filling these, can even figure out how to put gas in there car. If your tanks have not been purged, I am sure that is your problem. You might also want to take tank and heater to a propane company and have them check it out.

#144824 - 03/12/02 11:33 PM Re: OPD Propane Tanks
HBP Offline
Spawner

Loc: Everett,Wa
I have 2 OPD tanks, a 2gal and a 5gal. The 5 I use on the bbq and the 2 on my boat heater, I've had no problems with either in over 1.5yrs of use. The only reason I can think of, as to your problem is that whoever is filling them isn't purging the air out before filling. I had the same problem on an earlier tank used for my crab cooker, the station didn't purge the tank before the first use, took it back had it purged, problem solved.

- no boss, no clock, no stress, no dress code...no shoes,no shirts, no problems. - Kenny Chesney -

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
CHUBS
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 939 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13521
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645302 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |