THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#148651 - 04/09/02 05:29 PM What's the most idiotic thing you have seen or heard on the river...
Fish Jesus Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tacoma
Do those jigs really work?

Fish on at his feet...middle of rod somewhere behind the ear...and after the sharp *snap*...gee I wonder how that happened. eek mad

How did you get that one?

Is that a Steelhead?

From a stranger passerby...can I get a picture with your fish?

There's plenty of room here. rolleyes mad

I use 25# mono on my 8'6 medium. rolleyes

Fishing thru a bankers hole. confused

The guy below who must wade up to his ass right in the slot to fish the other side. rolleyes

If your gonna catch a fish you better switch to a 12' leader. rolleyes

FJ...out.

#148652 - 04/09/02 05:35 PM Re: What's the most idiotic thing you have seen or heard on the river...
FishinSinsation Offline
Spawner

Loc: kenmore, wa
THis year on the puyallup this guy was telling me that all wild fish breed in hatcherys and no wild fish spawn in nature anymore.

i was like ok..

#148653 - 04/09/02 05:41 PM Re: What's the most idiotic thing you have seen or heard on the river...
CRAVEN MOOREHEAD Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: TACOMA,WA
can you tell if this is a king or a silver?....
It's hooked forward of the gill plate....yeah man, its a keeper, don't lose it... mad
How do you keep these bait casters from messing up, this is my first time with these kind of reels :p

#148654 - 04/09/02 05:51 PM Re: What's the most idiotic thing you have seen or heard on the river...
HBP Offline
Spawner

Loc: Everett,Wa
I was on the snohomish,by Thomas'eddy fishing for humpies last year, when the park ranger told the guy next to me to dump his beer or he would get a ticket. The guy starts in about where it says he could'nt drink beer in the park, and the ranger smiles and points to the sign where the guy has his rod leaning and says right there!

- no boss, no clock, no stress, no dress code...no shoes,no shirts, no problems. - Kenny Chesney -

#148655 - 04/09/02 05:53 PM Re: What's the most idiotic thing you have seen or heard on the river...
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Lynnwood, WA
These 3 have stuck with me even though they happened long ago:

While fishing chums at Potlatch because all of the rivers were blown, this guy next to me is keeping only the skankiest bucks. So I ask him why and he proceeds to sniff one up and down and says "I can tell by the smell which ones will be best in the smoker." Needless to say I just about fell down laughing, and the guy gave me a dirty look and walked off.

Another time while fishing Blue Creek (Remember this was LONG ago) A guy next to me thinks he has a take and sets the hook. He comes up empty-handed and turns to me and says "That was a 3-salt hen. I could tell by the way it bit."

I once fished the Carbon river during salmon season. (Snagging season is more like it rolleyes ) Anyway, one guy was more successful at foul-hooking than the other guys. So they ask him "What color corkie are you using?"
Like one color sticks in the fish's a$$ better than another. eek eek

#148656 - 04/09/02 06:12 PM Re: What's the most idiotic thing you have seen or heard on the river...
Fish Jesus Offline
Spawner

Aren't those spoons for snagging? rolleyes

What are you feeling for?

I like using a treble. eek

Dragging em in by the tail and clubbing em. mad

Do fish actually take corkies?

They will only hit on eggs.

There's no fish here lets go home. mad frown

Nobody else is getting em.

It's a desert. rolleyes

It's at least 35#'s.

You won't catch any fish there...I've already tried.

20 yards and in...yah right.

Try this color it's the only one that works.

FJ...out.

#148657 - 04/09/02 06:27 PM Re: What's the most idiotic thing you have seen or heard on the river...
willierower Offline
Spawner

Loc: Albany OR
The fish rehooked itslef........this what this moron said as he was dragging an a$$ hooked steelhead out of the water..............

Hell yeah, salmon bite double corkies below a hook while plunked on the bottom! True words from a snagger at the RV park on the Kalama.

It will smoke up good...... Ive heard this way too many times when someons lands a nasty looking salmon.

I never snag fish! From a guy that uses 12' leaders and chases a fish downstream and out of sight of other anglers to land a 5 lb steelead.

#148658 - 04/09/02 06:44 PM Re: What's the most idiotic thing you have seen or heard on the river...
Coho Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Muk
Why go to the river--You can spend endless hours here

#148659 - 04/09/02 07:26 PM Re: What's the most idiotic thing you have seen or heard on the river...
h2o Offline
Carcass

Loc: Portland
Five years ago a guy walks down into the Bark Hole with his bonkin' stick tied to his belt...every single person around him limits in 1/2 hour or less, evry fish he asks "Can I bonk it?"...of course he gets no satisfaction.

I've gotten my limit and I am waiting for my friend to get his...bonkin' stick guys rod twitches slightly so he screams "fish on" and literally sets the hook so hard he jerks the little 9 inch cutthroat out of the water so hard it hits him in the chest...

Three war whoops later this guy clubs his "trophy"...three times!!!

#148660 - 04/09/02 07:40 PM Re: What's the most idiotic thing you have seen or heard on the river...
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
An hour after I start fishing the wife asks "Are you done yet"?

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#148661 - 04/09/02 07:43 PM Re: What's the most idiotic thing you have seen or heard on the river...
escapee Offline
Spawner

Loc: Marysville, Wa., USA
"sand shrimp don't work for steelhead"
"i invented using sand shrimp for steelhead"
"stop talking, you're spooking the fish"

#148662 - 04/09/02 09:59 PM Re: What's the most idiotic thing you have seen or heard on the river...
trailrat77 Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: rowers seat
Hey man do you think I can reel that one in?

Hey how about a pitypole?

I'm sick of fishing, let's go home....

The unmistakable sound of a bait caster backlashing, then, Shane I messed up your reel...

#148663 - 04/09/02 10:46 PM Re: What's the most idiotic thing you have seen or heard on the river...
Diana Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
The Mid-Western tourist that set up camp at riverside and launched a 6' flat-ended pram named "Puddles" every day and rowed circles in the frogwater hole, dragging a diving plug meant for bass.
The killer is that he did unbelievably well on springers using this technique. Idiot. He ought to learn how to *really* fish!

diana

#148664 - 04/10/02 12:44 AM Re: What's the most idiotic thing you have seen or heard on the river...
Chromeo Offline
Spawner

Loc: Kenmore, WA
On a river... as this guy is leaving, "you'll have better luck somewhere else, i fished that hole out this morning (within the first 20 mins i hook 2)

Tyler

#148665 - 04/10/02 01:02 AM Re: What's the most idiotic thing you have seen or heard on the river...
RockLizard Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Lakewood, WA
TTT,
Thats only because you are a legend wink

Actually said this one tonight...
I cant go fishing, I have to work.

Tight lines
RL

They can have my eggs when they pry em from cold dead hands

#148666 - 04/10/02 01:55 AM Re: What's the most idiotic thing you have seen or heard on the river...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Urban Cowboy type on the Quil yards in a very nasty looken summer chum....grabs it like he's gonna take it home to wife. Asked him what he thought he was doin keepen a Federally protected threatened fish....gave me a crappy look and tossed the nasty looking thing back in the river...and stomped off. rolleyes rolleyes eek

#148667 - 04/10/02 02:21 AM Re: What's the most idiotic thing you have seen or heard on the river...
Downriggin Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Marine Area 13
Cowlitz River (Blue Creek)... guy launching sled by himself. Removed tie downs and bow hook. Backed down hard- boat... middle of the river!

Kalama River... Guy casts a little too long. Gets hung up on the far side bank. Pulls rod back really hard. Pencil lead slingshots back hitting him right between the "running lights."
(Ouch!!)

Sometimes the entertainment is better than the fishing- gotta love it!

Downriggin'

Puget Sound Anglers, Gig Harbor Chapter

#148668 - 04/10/02 02:33 AM Re: What's the most idiotic thing you have seen or heard on the river...
Anonymous
Unregistered

"Hi my name is Steve Hanson also known as RT"
laugh laugh laugh eek

#148669 - 04/10/02 04:49 AM Re: What's the most idiotic thing you have seen or heard on the river...
Steelheader69 Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tacoma WA
Stupidest thing I dever saw happened on the Nooch a few years ago. Fishing at my Dad's property above the spillway. A friend of one of the lots by him was fishing the big deep slot by the bend. This is back when ti was super deep next to the bank we were standing. So landing a fish by beaching was out, had to net it at the bank. My Dad and I had done well all week, but was slow this day. This guy was standing there with his wife casting a steelie spoon. He hooks into a nice 35+lb king. He had only brought an oversized trout net, short handled to boot. Bbail was maybe 1 foot across max. I haad my big frabill landing net and offered to net fish for him ssince it was about played out. Hhe gives my Dad and I the "don't go there" hand an says "I can landd this fiish with this net easily. I've landed 50b kings on the Chehalis with this net. You have to postition the net with your foot and drag fish into the bail. Then scoop iit up. Stand back and watch a master at work." He proceeded to bring that fish in FOUR times. Easy nets all 4 times with a BIG net. Hell, the head on this king was as big as the whole bial of the net. Well, fourth time did it. He tried to pull this fish into this little neet and net popped ouut ffrom his foot and snipped his leader. My Dad and I laughed as fish swam away. He picked up his net (which he had to get soaked to fetch out of the river), grabbed his gear and sstomped off with his wife. He could've had a nice buck if he would've let us net the fish.

Northwest River Fisherman

#148670 - 04/11/02 01:22 AM Re: What's the most idiotic thing you have seen or heard on the river...
Jiggn Offline
Egg

Hmmmm, worst thing I've seen on the river is a 18' super V alumaweld headed over the riffle with no place to go, except just about over me eek

Jiggn

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
280ackimp, DAVEANNICK, nicksdad, redgussydog, reitersteelhead123, wallacewhaler123, zswoods
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 986 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645354 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |