Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#150977 - 05/03/02 01:21 PM Wind River Question
Cyclops Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Tacoma, Wa.
The wife and I are going down on Sunday. I was thinking of having her leave me and the boat down there till Wednesday. The question is.... is there a place to camp near by? And is there a store within walking distance for supplies?

#150978 - 05/03/02 01:38 PM Re: Wind River Question
B. Gray Offline
Spawner

Loc: Seattle, WA USA
Quite a few camping options around there although they're sometimes full up this time of year. You might be able to grab a spot at the county campground just a little bit east of the turnoff for the boat launch. Great sites right on the Columbia and a good little general store just across the street.

Be sure to check out the trains roaring beneath the old wooden bridge. Get out there at night and see if you can stand your ground as they approach. No, this isn't a stupid dare. The trains seem like they barely clear the bridge. Very cool. Or maybe I'm just a dumb Hoosier who's easily entertained.

Bruce

#150979 - 05/06/02 09:27 AM Re: Wind River Question
Vinny Offline
Alevin

Loc: Walla Walla, WA
Give Mitch a call at Skamania Coves 509-427-4900.

Just a few minutes west of the Wind, but still east of Stevenson.

Camping, RV hook-ups, Maybe even a rental available.

#150980 - 05/06/02 09:42 AM Re: Wind River Question
Duck In The Fog Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Yakima Wa. U.S.A.
Home Valley Store is shut down. Nearest place is Stevenson. The Duck

#150981 - 05/06/02 01:00 PM Re: Wind River Question
Cyclops Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Tacoma, Wa.
Thanks Vinny. I P---ed out! On the way down it was pouring. So, the wife and I stopped short at the mouth of the Kalama. We trolled across from Trojan for a couple hours with out seeing, or having any action ourselves. So we ran up and anchored next to the island where we had seen a couple of fish caught. We ate lunch, BSed, took a nap, ect. Then right before we were about to leave the wifes rod goes down. She yells at me, so I set the hook and hand the rod to her. After a short fight the fish comes to the boat. And wouldn't you know it. It came unbuttoned right at the net!!! We decided to give it another hour. But, the only other fish we saw caught was by the boat in front of us. Another couple who took their time and played the fish out for what seemed an hour. But, at least they put the fish in the boat. Anyway how was the Wind?
Mr. & Mrs. CRACKER

#150982 - 05/06/02 02:11 PM Re: Wind River Question
Krome Brite Offline
Spawner

Loc: Washougal, WA
Quote:
Originally posted by Duck In The Fog:
Home Valley Store is shut down. Nearest place is Stevenson. The Duck
True, the old store is now closed, but there is a new store just east of the old one. I believe it's called Wind Mountain Store. The building that looks like a big log cabin with the wooden mermaid statues in front. It's owned by some Dutch guy I think. It doesn't have everything the old Home Valley Store had, but it's got some stuff. They're also a little high priced, but I'd check this place out before driving back to Stevenson to get something.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
landcruiserwilly, Tom Trune
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (wolverine), 433 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645372 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |