Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#158451 - 08/28/02 10:50 AM Wiggle Worts
Kramer Offline
Spawner

Loc: GH & PA, WA
I was in Sportco the other day and noticed a large tray of these Wiggle Worts(sp?) they have on special. I have never been much of a plug type fisherman but have heard quite a bit about them lately. I'm never afraid to try anything once (well not anything) and the biggest king I ever caught was on a plug so I believe in the concept of fishing plugs, I've just never used one of these Wiggle Worts. They look a lot like a Hot Shot I used to use fishing for large trout in Canada years ago fished behind pop gear.
Question: What colors/sizes of these work and when, and how do you fish them? Are they river tackle? If they work for kings I'll try anything right about now. Well not anything.
Thanks.

#158452 - 08/28/02 12:06 PM Re: Wiggle Worts
steely slammer Offline
Three Time Spawner

yes they sure do work for kings in the rivers.. I like to pull them from my drift boat or just toss them out and reel them back in from the bank.. The best colors ive found are the (red and blue pirate) or (red and green pirate). These are the two that have worked best for me im sure others have there own colors they like to use that i didnt mention. smile

mainly region 6

#158453 - 08/28/02 12:08 PM Re: Wiggle Worts
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Nisqually
We use them in the Green for silvers and knock 'em dead. We troll them with no weight, right on the surface. During early morning hours we use the littler ones (Wiggle Warts) and later in the afternoon or bright sunny days we use the bigger ones (Mag Warts). Colors that work are metalic silver/blue, clown (red, blue, green, yellow), metalic red/blue, and red herring bone.

#158454 - 08/28/02 05:47 PM Re: Wiggle Worts
GutZ Offline
The Original Boat Ho

Loc: Bellevue
Oh Yeah! They work! All colors. Start a collection. I think my favorite last year was a metalic red herring bone pattern. Tad Pollies, too!

#158455 - 08/28/02 06:42 PM Re: Wiggle Worts
Drachir21 Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Creswell, Oregon
It would depend on the manufacturer of these plugs. If they are the old style ones by Storm, then buy them, and fish them!! laugh If they are made by Normark, they are JUNK!!! My favorite color in the Storm version is Flourescent Red w/ clear bill, black back and black herringbone on sides. It's deadly for Nooks!!! wink

Rick

#158456 - 08/29/02 02:20 AM Re: Wiggle Worts
F F F Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Kent
I heard they are great for Sockeye in washington and kings in sammamish.

#158457 - 08/29/02 09:05 AM Re: Wiggle Worts
Kramer Offline
Spawner

Loc: GH & PA, WA
Thanks guys for the info. I will stop by and see who the manufacturer is and what colors/sizes they have available.

Thanks again.

#158458 - 08/29/02 09:30 AM Re: Wiggle Worts
B-RUN STEELY Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: IDAHO
If I had to have just one item in the drift boat and was fishing for steelhead it would be a wiggle wort no doubt. No other method can produce day after day with less hassel than back trolling a set of plugs.

#158459 - 08/29/02 08:47 PM Re: Wiggle Worts
dawhunt Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Washougal
The new by storm are not as good as the old warts by storm,I've been told that the bills will break off.BRADS WIGGLERS are the old style one piece warts there the only ones I buy.You might check with these other guys about that.I worked at GI Joes for awhile and got alot of complaints on this the last springer season.Just thought you might like to know. smile
Bob

#158460 - 08/30/02 07:19 PM Re: Wiggle Worts
Steelheader69 Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tacoma WA
First off, plugs don't work for salmon. PERIOD. ESPECIALLY the old wiggle warts (or the new Brad's warts). So all you guys, now knowing they don't work, can send them all to me, I'll dispose of them for you. laugh

Ok, that said. I use bigger ones for kings, especially the standard pink and chrome w/scales (blue or green), then standard warts in all chrome with any color stripe down back for silvers. But they really don't work anyways, and don't know why I use them, so you can ALL send me your OLD warts ASAP. Need to dispose of them before you all get hurt with them. :p laugh

Northwest River Fisherman

#158461 - 09/01/02 12:54 AM Re: Wiggle Worts
Drachir21 Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Creswell, Oregon
Pretty Funny Jerry!!! LOL laugh

Rick

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
CHUBS
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 939 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13521
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645302 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |