LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#141107 - 02/16/02 08:23 AM Fishing Gang Strikes Again...
fishnjunkie Offline
Fry

Loc: SEATTLE
I must say, I am amused at how easy it was to make a point about the group mentality on this board, And the lack of fishing related topics that this board was claiming to have. Again I post my concerns on a fishing related manner of monitoring angler pressure, and the effect it can have on small systems.I also mention my thoughts on the way the regulars have a group mentality towards any posts that are not popular with the majority. Your responses to my post were classic. Ridicule of my writing 101 skills, so very, very,immature and typical, and my financial status was graded, and I was found to be RICH. Not True I am filthy rich.,I am accused of ranting,whining,etc, kind of similar to the topics when bashing the tribal fisheries of death, Review past posts that go on, and on, and on, Hey fellas its their JOB get over it.If you want to bash them i can arrange a meeting with as many of these idiots as you would like,I just beat a dead horse on topics that are of no way related to fishing, kind of like the 100+ posts on some female who you guys dont like and her dumping her boat in the duc, or maybe the informative 50+ posts on the guy who actualy needs help in deciding whether to shoot his dog in the back yard for the injury to his young child,I have seen so many of your guys posts that go on like a fat chick at a buffet, No one is guilt free of this and many of those topics were dead, dead, horses the kind that shows up on the board stiff as heck and even more childish yet related o fishing but approved by the board of knowledge and wisdom. last but not to be pathetic is the determination that my passion for the health of a watershed that is going to turn into a typical trashed, over fished, poachers dream come true River of our state. That the result is more damaging to a local than it is to me. Another pathetic statement of the board of knowledge that has the magic power to know the feelings of people who have intres in this river system.Why if this is the case am I the only volunteer at the hatchery on this river, and I am the only one seen cleaning up he trash left by locals partying and campers who are clueless. This is in the summer when the river is closed and I have no other reason to be in the area. So this uneducated,whiner, rich,uninformed, guy wil]
l leave you to climb the tree to your exclussive boys club whereyou boys can gang up on people who dont wear the clothes that you do, dont share the same views, like other things than you do and pretend to be smart like us, Will let them in to our club as soon as they dump a boat get bit by a dog,predict husky scores,sit on hooks,and bash any body that they dont agree with Only Then Will They Be One Of Us

#141108 - 02/16/02 08:41 AM Re: Fishing Gang Strikes Again...
riverswild Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: OlyWa
WOW! What a mouthfull! It may be hard to swallow, but it is mostly true.

#141109 - 02/16/02 11:21 AM Re: Fishing Gang Strikes Again...
RiverLiver Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Tacoma, WA,
FG,
Well put! I agree with you 100%, your observations and interpretations of the majority of posts mirror mine!

#141110 - 02/16/02 11:32 AM Re: Fishing Gang Strikes Again...
Divers Offline
Spawner

Loc: Seattle
Fishnjunki,well said have to agree with you a 100%. This has become a soap opera rather then a fishing board.

#141111 - 02/16/02 11:34 AM Re: Fishing Gang Strikes Again...
Fishbait Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Rivers of OR and SW WA.
FJ,

Rough nite last night?

#141112 - 02/16/02 12:18 PM Re: Fishing Gang Strikes Again...
PhishPhreak Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: North Bend, WA
Someone really needs to get out and do some fishing. Remember fishing?

Don't take things so personal dude. There will always be someone trying to get under your skin - especially on the internet. Just smile and move on. Stress kills - take a deep breath and plan your next fishing trip...

#141113 - 02/16/02 12:58 PM Re: Fishing Gang Strikes Again...
Dave Jackson Offline
Spawner

Loc: Milwaukie, OR
The difference between your snagging allegations and your examples of the dunking and the dog shooting threads are that you have gone and taken the King of Beaten Horses and applied it through your Holmesian deductive skills to declare that Tony D may have snagged that fish on the cover of the magazine. You have interviewed all parties involved that day, done wound analysis on the fish to determine that the wounds occurred on the day in question and are indicative of a snagging hook wound and not a slashing seal wound, and reviewed all video footage provided by the folks over at NFL (National Fishing League, of course) Films. You did all that before you raised this question, right? Right?

Otherwise, calling in question a persons moral standing on a public fishing board solely based upon baseless allegations (axe grinding?) will indeed fetch a less-than-cordial response.

Also, questioning the quality of contributions of an angler who is truly a Good Person and who has helped others less skilled (for example, like ME) in the Pursuit of Piscatorial Endeavors further their fishing skills is bound to ignite the old flame throwers of those who know better. While I generally frown upon looking at a person's posting totals to deduce their contribution (I, for example, post mostly anecdotes and humor), I feel it safe to say that you have NOT contributed even a shadow of what Hey Y`all has in these and other Northwest forums. Therefore, DON'T play that card, because you look silly doing it.

Now, if you have indeed gone out and done all that volunteer time and cleaned up various watersheds then I commend you. Not everyone has the content of character to want to do such things. If you are wealthy, or if you are homeless and access these boards through an Internet cafe, it doesn't matter. We don't put forth any types of class-based requirements to be able to contribute here. We do, however, frown upon baseless character assassination attempts.

#141114 - 02/16/02 01:21 PM Re: Fishing Gang Strikes Again...
DinkDiggler Offline
Eyed Egg

Loc: washington
Could not have said it better myself fishjunkie!!!
I used to come to this board for information and fishing stories, but now it's just a little elitist community where only the secret fusky handshake gets you in, otherwise you're chastized confused
Now I just come by not to post but to look at all the STUPID posts and thankfully remind myself that I'm not a moron like most here. There is another REAL B.B. closeby that has informative posts and little or no bashing except when morons from here migrate over there mad
Now, I'll just go back in my corner and watch the inbreds bash their heads against the wall so I can laugh at it by myself.
Use your head and think for yourself not the Taliban-like mentality... wink

#141115 - 02/16/02 03:01 PM Re: Fishing Gang Strikes Again...
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Bye........

We're going to miss you. Maybe we'll send you a nice fruit basket.

Hey, nobody jumped on you until you made snagging accusations that were complete BS. In fact many here agreed with you about the whole article thing. But now you sound like a child that gets in trouble for doing something wrong and then gets mad at his parents for yelling at him. Apparently we're bad because YOU made a baseless accusation.

If you don't like PP, there's nothing keeping you here except you. If you'd rather hang elsewhere, then why don't you, instead of coming here and telling us all the reasons you don't like coming here?

If you walk like a duck and quack like a duck, chances are you going to get treated like a duck. Don't act so surprised........

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#141116 - 02/16/02 03:01 PM Re: Fishing Gang Strikes Again...
John Lee Hookum Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Area 51
well said Fishjunkie! Too much politicking. Too
much Hate and venom lately. Don't sell me reasons
to hate people I don't know. I love talking about
fishing related stuff. How to, where to, what and
when they're bitting stuff. I enjoy this board
very much and want it to remain healthy. Please
think before posting. smile

Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of
Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter
of the gods.

-- Albert Einstein

#141117 - 02/16/02 03:18 PM Re: Fishing Gang Strikes Again...
h2o Offline
Carcass

Loc: Portland
Hey guys,

I too am a relative newcomer to these boards and have expressed an opinion counter to that of the "old posters" and been belittled for it.

I have alot of experience in message boards such as these on other topics (music, PC help etc...) and find this to be extremely common as these boards age.

The good news is that if you keep a stiff upper lip and keep seeking the information you are looking for there is always someone around who has the same intention as you, the sharing of information. You just have to ignore the people who have nothing better to do than struggle for power on an internet message board.

#141118 - 02/16/02 05:48 PM Re: Fishing Gang Strikes Again...
fishnjunkie Offline
Fry

Loc: SEATTLE
Lets play fair guys. I thought it was obvious, that when I said QUOTE I am not saying tony is a snagger, just that the wound looks suspect??? I dont think that means that i have made the determination that this is a guy who is a snagger and i am announcing to the world that I know this to be true. My posts on this board consist of the first one stating my thanks to the regulars who provide valuable insight to this board, and the people who use it.Also a thanks for the fun stuff I see often. Then a post that was true but tough, I immediatley apologized for any ill will that was detected, and then made it clear about me and what makes me tick. Laid back, fishing fanatic , cheech and chong fishng tactics 101 student etc. My real issue is not with tony and I am not of the belief that I own a river or have more rights than any one else. I did take offense to being bashed for the feeling that it is wrong to give out alot of info on a delicate watershed that could take some serious damage from a huge jump in anglers. And to have this person do that and just walk away not givig a rats as- as to the potential consequences but to move on and do it 5 times more in the same article was not responsable in my world. Even a mention of giving the area a little respect, watch the litter,angler,boater manners,etc would of been a welcomed remark. I also started the topic off with remarks like being beat with a banjo minnow, or having a cut plug herring stuffed up the rump of the zipper-lip violater. Come on folks should i have been ridiculed about my education I told you guys from day one that i am on a web tv system that is very limited and gave a heads up to my internet history as being limited to a few weeks of lurking on ts board. I cant see the provided icons, no spell check no printing access. no downloads,no videos. no chats,etc I spent my time away from the desk while working, I was an outdoor guy with no time for this. I also stated that i am retired due to being run over by a fork lift that resulted in 5 major surgeries in 3 years and now am on a pension of FYI less than 45,000$ a year a settlement pending in the distant future for not much so i am just like most others not FILTHY RICH. Ill STOP RANTING, SORRY..

#141119 - 02/16/02 07:41 PM Re: Fishing Gang Strikes Again...
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Dude,

We're cool. cool Didn't mean to get all pissy either. I'd rather converse with you in a productive manner than get involved in discussions that just get feathers ruffled. If it's all the same to you we can call it water under the bridge and get back on the "right" foot.

No hard feelings.......... wink

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
CHUBS
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 939 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13521
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645302 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |