Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#164170 - 11/04/02 05:15 PM Snake River
Sambo Offline
Smolt

Loc: Kennewick, Wa 99336
I was going to fish the Grande Ronde this weekend but since there is ice in the river and the forecast calls for lots of rain, thought about trying the snake. Any info on the mouth of the Clearwater or the Asotin area. I have never fished either before but thought it might be a nice change of pace. Would love some info on where to launch and any other info you would like to share. Thanks in advance.

Sambo

#164171 - 11/04/02 06:26 PM Re: Snake River
CraigH Offline
Fry

Loc: Northbend WA
Sambo,
Actually if you have a sled fish the Snake in an area called Heller Bar. This is just down river from the confluence of the Snake and Grand Rhonde. Fishing has been alittle slower with all of the cold weather although guys are still catching plenty of fish. Instead of being limited by 10:00am it's taking most of the day at present. We went two weeks ago and caught over 20 steelhead one day and limited the other. biggest was 18lbs but most were the "a" run fish and averaged 7-10 lbs. I'm headed back over this coming Monday the 11th and fishing Tuesday and Wednesday. Good luck!!

#164172 - 11/05/02 01:38 AM Re: Snake River
Doug P Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Redmond
I have fished the Snake for the last twenty years. There is a lot of boat launches all along the river from the confluence of the Clearwater on up to the Heller bar. The only launch that is unusable is the one at Asotin, it has filled with sand. My favorite spot to launch is just past the town of Asotin on the left, no dock so pull your boat up on the beach. You can fish up river past Three mile (line up the channel markers) or run down towards Clarkston. This is a catch and release fishery as they are not worth eating. I have caught fish up to 20# on plugs, bait, jigs/bobbers and spoons. Lots of fun! Dress warm! Follow all the rules both Idaho and Washington wardens are working this area.

#164173 - 11/05/02 11:29 PM Re: Snake River
Sammy Offline
Fry

Loc: Kennewick,
Doug P,

Thanks for the info. Looking forward to a wet & cold weekend of fishing.

Sammy

#164174 - 11/06/02 11:14 AM Re: Snake River
BERKLEY BOY75 Offline
Spawner

Loc: AUBURN
sammy, you may want to try drifting a pink work when over there on the snake, when i fish up on the clearwater in late nov. early december, im gonna try bobber/pink worm and see how well i do, you will definately catch more than jus stealhead, smolts, bigger trout, jus love them..

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
landcruiserwilly, Tom Trune
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 274 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |