Hey guys, I wanted to set the record straight.So regarding the permit in question. I recently obtained my permit, after having the fish and wildlife commission uananimously approve my request, and grant me a permit that is valid for life. this permit was a result of Washington state following the actions of another state and then allowing for any input from the different user groups in Washington. I think WDFW is looking at the miniscule amount of people that would qualify to even apply for this permit, and that the chances are slim to none that they would have all the requirments to be granted the permit.I think I may be the only one in the state who has been given the permit. Dont quote me on that. This permit requires that at my exspense submit in writing to the department a written request for the applications, and a doctors note stating that i do in fact have a disability. After the applications are set, I must have a full evaluation at my cost from a doctor who specializes in upper extremity injuries. there are numerous questions that must be filled out by the physician. I must have with medical objective findings ,to prove the fact that I suffer from an upper extremirty disability that is permanent and does severely limit my ability to perform the repetetiv motions of overhead casting and the normal functions of fly fishing in general, this injury has to be in which you will never regain that mobility. You must have all this paperwork completed and have an office stamp from the Drs office and 2 signatures. This then can require the opionon of another Dr.These documents if falsified carry a federal crime and the doctor will lose his liscence and face jail time. I would certainly go to jail The state perfers that you have some prior involvement in fly fishing and that you can verify any information you provide. An example of the kind of injury that would qualify a person for this permit. my injury occurred in 1997 and involved a shattered collarbone ,2 punctures to my lungs,, broken ribs.L2-3, L4-5, L5-S1 herniated and fractured discs. and nerve and muscle damage in the arm and neck this has required 4 surgeries to control. This permit allows me to fish in any waters that are determined to be fly fishing only waters. I can use any type of spin gear and any type of rod. I can use artificial lures with barblese hooks, I must conform with the retention rules of that area. I must wear the permit in plain view on the outside of my clothes and carry a written letter from the state explaining my situation. . So this permit does not come easily and i would take my health back in a second. However i do think a #3 vibrax in certain waters with prescion casting could lead to some memorable days. I then ask if you were going to use this permit what waters would you choose and why....I intend on using a 10ft noodle rod with 6# test and where it is possible a hook and yarn will be my offering. I intend to respect any anglers that i encounter and allow them the run of the water and I will avoid any anglers in general as i prefer to be solo anyways. Whats the consensus????