Did my anuall first of june fishing trip and had a blast.After doing a search on waders here on this sight I broke down and bought some dry pluss two's....Do not know how I suffered throiugh rubber hip waders for so long. smile

Found a 25-30 lb steelhead in a canyon where there should be none. smile

Broke my favorite spoon tosser,She just plain wore out. mad

Shortly after breaking the 10'6 I caught my first fish on a fly! mad

Now to the question at hand.For the first time ever I had to share this section of river with a couple of local guys.They were what alot of the city folks would call redneck crackers,but I resemble that so I stay away from such language.They proudly showed me a pile of fish that if I did not know anybetter would have to say were winter jacks. mad 3 of the five were 18" and milking as they layed there.Full traditional steel spawning colors.Unless there are trout spawning in the spring around here..?I have fished this river section for twenty years and never ran into as many of these as I have this year.I would have to say that if I added these fish to the ones that I caughtlast jan-feb I would say I seen thirty of them.I have heard thought here on this bourd that jacks are indicitave of a healthy run?Would love any facts concerning steelhead jacks!