THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#734717 - 01/21/12 10:52 AM Are the Republicans Really Ready to Nominate Newt?
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Loc: West Duvall
http://realclearpolitics.com/

It looks like the baggage master may win South Carolina. This will guarantee a long expensive battle for the eventual nominee.

Can the republicans actually be so stupid they would nominate Newt and assure Obama four more years? It's is sure starting to look that way. There must be high fives all around the Whitehouse today.

#734728 - 01/21/12 11:52 AM Re: Are the Republicans Really Ready to Nominate Newt? [Re: ]
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

You are whistling in the dark Hankster. If you are not scared, you should be.

I am not happy with Obama and wish the Rs would run a decent candidate but the Tea Party, evangelical RWWJs are so fired up they will not accept a moderate. Instead, the evangelicals are willing to hold their noses and vote for a serial womanizing, revolving door lobbyist, ethically challenged windbag. Every primary the evangelical right wins drives another nail in the Rs coffin. The eventual losers - America.

#734736 - 01/21/12 12:34 PM Re: Are the Republicans Really Ready to Nominate Newt? [Re: ]
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Hank you are looking like Romney now with a bit of managing expectations.

We are going to win!
We will probably win!
We have a chance!
Well at least we will have the Senate.();-) Remember you would have already had the Senate if it weren't for the Tea Party. Looks to me like the worst thing that ever happened to the Republican Party was the Tea party. It's kind of like what would happen to the Democrats if they nominated Al Sharpton.

I do agree that the gridlock we will see for the next four years is in some ways good, but sometimes America does need to act.

If the Rs somehow win the presidency the Ds will certainly remember how hard the Rs worked to say no to everything the Ds wanted even when it was a payroll tax cut. Yep, you have that right - gridlock will continue. Probably not the best way to move a country forward.

#734747 - 01/21/12 01:55 PM Re: Are the Republicans Really Ready to Nominate Newt? [Re: Dave Vedder]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Dave Vedder

Remember you would have already had the Senate if it weren't for the Tea Party. Looks to me like the worst thing that ever happened to the Republican Party was the Tea party. It's kind of like what would happen to the Democrats if they nominated Al Sharpton.

You still dont understand the teaparty mind set. Its financial and only that. Cut Cap and Balance, no bailouts, fair taxes.
Only 1/3 of the senate is up and this round more dems are at risk than last election. Sharon Angle and the other... would not have given R's the majority. They were lousy candidates no matter what they believed. Several other Teaparty back Senate candidates won in the senate. Teaparty are fiscal conservatives and so dems attack them. Want more of the last 12 years, get rid of the teaparty. These senators think the only way to get reelected is to bring home expensive pork, and run up the debt. Not much difference between Al Sharpton and the Al Frankin, who is a back bencher and a liberal rubber stamp for more debt.

Newt is qualified, but a poor choice and I doubt he will get the nomination.

#734756 - 01/21/12 02:57 PM Re: Are the Republicans Really Ready to Nominate Newt? [Re: Fast and Furious]
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

I do understand that several Tea Party nominees beat out much more electable moderate Rs and cost the Rs the Senate. Don't believe that, do some homework. If the tea Party continues its good work they will cost the Rs the presidency.

Edited by Dave Vedder (01/21/12 02:59 PM)

#734764 - 01/21/12 03:49 PM Re: Are the Republicans Really Ready to Nominate Newt? [Re: ]
wntrrn Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Edmonds
Originally Posted By: Kanektok Kid
XXXXXXX'ers..................... with their crayon written misspelled signs, and nonsensical, ignorant rhetoric designed to appeal to their fellow cretins

Like the country needs a group of functional illiterates to set policy.

Sure, some douchenozzles think the XXXXXXX'ers are a fine group of folks................and I am sure they are..................I just don't think they have the ability to make it beyond bumper sticker mentality, having far below the minimum number of firing synapses needed to even understand, not to mention set policy. XXXXX and XXXXXXXXX have to deal with them, to the rest of the country they are nothing more than an amusing sideshow.

Like Que' Que', for instance................

Sounds like you just described the Occupy Wall Street protestors and followers;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrPGoPFRUdc

Edited by wntrrn (01/21/12 03:53 PM)

#734766 - 01/21/12 03:50 PM Re: Are the Republicans Really Ready to Nominate Newt? [Re: Dave Vedder]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

Wrong. Public wants cuts, caps and a balanced budget. Not happening fast enough. If congress does not cut and balance, there will be more Teaparty members. Why is Ron Paul getting more popular? Same reasons, in addition to being fed up with war. BO turned a lot of new voters off. Party membership has dropped for democrats. Independent and R registration is up. I doubt it means an earth quake, but its a trend in the wrong direction for dems.
Looking at the turnover of congress in 94 after 40 years and the subsequent back and forth indicates that voters are not going to be taken for granted in the future. I doubt the attitudes in 2010 have changed much. I thought the insider trading might change things, but have not been talked about much. Neither party wants to get rid of it.

#734767 - 01/21/12 03:52 PM Re: Are the Republicans Really Ready to Nominate Newt? [Re: ]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
We're screwed regardless of who gets nominated or elected. Every single person still running ( both D & R ) is a putz who is out of touch with the common US citizen.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#734773 - 01/21/12 04:34 PM Re: Are the Republicans Really Ready to Nominate Newt? [Re: ]
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

I think Dogfish has it right. LB,as usual, lost in the fog.

Even though Obama has not much of a clue he is obviously a much better choice than all but Romney. If the Rs are dumb enough to nominate anyone other than Romney - the father of Obamacare. They are doomed to another four years of yapping at Obama's heels.

Edited by Dave Vedder (01/21/12 04:36 PM)

#734794 - 01/21/12 07:08 PM Re: Are the Republicans Really Ready to Nominate Newt? [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

What this country needs is the biggest and nastiest SOB that will stand up to China and OPEC and get the phugging southern border secured and stop this invasion of Wet backs! ymmv

- Albert Einstein.

#734797 - 01/21/12 07:46 PM Re: Are the Republicans Really Ready to Nominate Newt? [Re: Sol Duc]
alanmikkelsen Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: St. Ignatius, MT
Newt is probably the most fatally flawed candidate of modern time. If Republicans nominate him, Obama wins, period.

#734799 - 01/21/12 08:05 PM Re: Are the Republicans Really Ready to Nominate Newt? [Re: alanmikkelsen]
SBD Offline
clown flocker

Loc: Water
Originally Posted By: alanmikkelsen
Newt is probably the most fatally flawed candidate of modern time. If Republicans nominate him, Obama wins, period.

I'd give that Italian Captain better odds on beating Obama.

There's a sucker born every minute

#734801 - 01/21/12 08:24 PM Re: Are the Republicans Really Ready to Nominate Newt? [Re: ]
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Like the lady Fox interviewed said, "This is embarrassing for South Carolina." That's how I felt when Washington went for Pat Robertson a few cycles ago.

Remember how I mentioned the Tea Party buffoonery? An exit poll found that 7 of 10 those who voted for the sneaky lizard considered themselves to be part of the Tea Party

I bet Obama is grinning from ear to ear right now.

#734831 - 01/21/12 09:47 PM Re: Are the Republicans Really Ready to Nominate Newt? [Re: ]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
KK with the same ol' song and dance......tellin' others how there is something wrong with them..... rofl

Forfuksake, KK....... it's YOU who is screwed up.....to the max. How's your long term relationship-building, you fkn douch bag?

You're like a really bad B movie....no plot, no character, just noise.

Remember this from your childhood football career?......KK, you go long.

rofl

#734852 - 01/21/12 10:55 PM Re: Are the Republicans Really Ready to Nominate Newt? [Re: ParaLeaks]
wntrrn Offline
River Nutrients

Que' Que' has his finger on the pulse of his own wanger. Wasn't it just a couple years ago he guaranteed the D's would hold both the house and senate? Reichert wouldn't be elected? Etc. F'n douche can't see that he is the reason there is a divide in this country. Can't have a dialogue, just tells people they're stupid 'cause they don't hold the same idiology.

I'm guessing he's just a pretty good troll 'cause if he takes himself serious...... Well, must be a pretty miserable existence.

#734853 - 01/21/12 10:57 PM Re: Are the Republicans Really Ready to Nominate Newt? [Re: Dave Vedder]
wntrrn Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Dave Vedder
http://realclearpolitics.com/

Can the republicans actually be so stupid they would nominate Newt and assure Obama four more years?

Yes, and they will succeed.

#734857 - 01/21/12 11:09 PM Re: Are the Republicans Really Ready to Nominate Newt? [Re: wntrrn]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
TeaBaggers are "all about economics" like the NRA is "all about banning handguns"...

TeaBaggers are about a small group of elite right wingers co-opting the dumbest and most bigoted amongs the right wing whackjobs and forming an Astroturf organization that makes the Mickey Mouse Club look like Mensa.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#734860 - 01/21/12 11:22 PM Re: Are the Republicans Really Ready to Nominate Newt? [Re: ]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Go Newtster !
Can't wait for the SNL sketches !

#734867 - 01/21/12 11:56 PM Re: Are the Republicans Really Ready to Nominate Newt? [Re: Direct-Drive]
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: U.S. Army
SC governor didn't endorse him, state legislators didn't endorse him.... but Palin did rofl

republicans must be so proud.

Anyone notice that Romney used a teleprompter for his concession speech? Gingrich did, and made a point of it.

#734883 - 01/22/12 02:06 AM Re: Are the Republicans Really Ready to Nominate N [Re: ]
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

he is the reason there is a divide in this country.

I am honored to know such a powerful person. KK AKA The Devil

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Chromeo, Colluvium, lat59, m wilson, phishkellar, TBJ
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 821 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645358 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |