LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#818577 - 01/29/13 01:08 PM A-Rod continues to be a bad example...
fish4brains Offline
Dah Rivah Stinkah Pink Mastah

Loc: zipper
A man in south Florida supplied performance-enhancing drugs to more than half a dozen major league players, including Alex Rodriguez, according to a Miami New Times report that officials at Major League Baseball believe will grow into a doping scandal that could rival the BALCO case that tarnished Barry Bonds.

Alex Rodriguez is once again at the center of a possible PED scandal.

The newspaper reported Tuesday morning that Anthony Bosch, a self-styled biochemist seen frequently in Latin American baseball circles, distributed large amounts of human growth hormone, synthetic testosterone and other cocktails of PEDs to players who previously had not been linked, such as Texas Rangers outfielder Nelson Cruz.

Some of the players could be subject to a 50-game suspension for a violation of the league's PED policy, a league official told Yahoo! Sports. Three of Bosch's alleged clients – outfielder Melky Cabrera, pitcher Bartolo Colon and catcher Yasmani Grandal – already have been caught and suspended by the league.

Following a relatively quiet period, PED busts spiked in baseball last season. From Ryan Braun's positive test for testosterone – which got overturned because of alleged mishandling of evidence – to the suspensions of Cabrera, Colon, Grandal, Freddy Galvis, Marlon Byrd, Guillermo Mota and Carlos Ruiz, baseball is facing a renaissance of use, one it believes centered in south Florida.

While MLB had investigated wellness clinics and other suspected PED purveyors in the Miami area, it had not uncovered much of the blockbuster information revealed in the New Times story, the official told Yahoo! Sports.

The records of players' use, given to the New Times by a former employee at Bosch's Biogenesis clinic, are especially detailed in the cases of Rodriguez and Cabrera. Rodriguez, referred to as "Alex Rodriguez," "Alex Rod" or "Cacique," received HGH, testosterone cream and insulin-like growth factor, all banned under MLB's PED policy. He also was given "troches," a lozenge that has 15 percent testosterone, and other types of growth hormone, according to the report.

Rodriguez's account was "paid through April 30th" of 2012, according to the records.

Cruz, the slugging outfielder whom Bosch nicknamed "Mohamad," gave Bosch $4,000 in July 2012, the records said, for a regimen that included "troches."

The report also links Washington Nationals left-hander Gio Gonzalez to Bosch, though the five mentions of him in the records are less specific. While they include a $1,000 charge, Gonzalez's father, Max, said he was the one working with Bosch to lose weight.

Florida state and federal authorities have amped up their inquiries into Bosch in recent months, the league official said, as he operated a number of clinics that catered to athletes as well as the growing group that seeks HGH and testosterone as anti-aging treatments.

[Also: Milwaukee Brewers will wear fan-designed uniform]

Pedro Bosch, a doctor who has worked in Florida for more than 35 years and is Anthony's father, supplied the fertility-drug prescription to Manny Ramirez that prompted his first PED suspension in 2009.

While the Drug Enforcement Agency looked into the Bosches supplying the players, it chose not to pursue a case, according to ESPN.com.

MLB and the players association strengthened the league's PED policy this offseason, instituting random blood testing for HGH and a stronger test for synthetic testosterone triggered by a variation from a baseline testosterone-to-epitestosterone ratio the league will keep on every player.

#818613 - 01/29/13 04:04 PM Re: A-Rod continues to be a bad example... [Re: fish4brains]
RB3 Offline
Repeat Spawner

He was just livin' strong

#818615 - 01/29/13 04:06 PM Re: A-Rod continues to be a bad example... [Re: RB3]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
A-Rod is still and A-Hole, I see.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#818629 - 01/29/13 04:32 PM Re: A-Rod continues to be a bad example... [Re: Todd]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Glad to read that the PED in athletics scandal is moving on from Lance Armstrong to another athlete who needed/wanted to juice.

#818631 - 01/29/13 04:37 PM Re: A-Rod continues to be a bad example... [Re: Salmo g.]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

How about something a little more relevant this week?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/nfl-ra...tion-on-ped-use

Fish on...

Todd

#818632 - 01/29/13 04:38 PM Re: A-Rod continues to be a bad example... [Re: Todd]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

P.S. With how $hitty A-Hole has been the last four years he and the Yankees should be suing whoever his drug dealer is.

Fish on...

Todd

#818637 - 01/29/13 04:50 PM Re: A-Rod continues to be a bad example... [Re: Todd]
redhook
Unregistered

i was just talking about this earlier... and i said alot of people dont realize that some of these players are using stuff like this to rebound back from an injury, then they stop...

personally, i dont see a problem with that... Gayrod has also already admitted to using them to battle back from an injury...

the people that are using them when they are not injured, is garbage... they are trying to gain an upper hand and become something they arent... i hate Arod, but he is a damn good baseball player, you can also tell hes not a steroid junky, look at his physique...

they give you steroids when you get sick, i was given steroids (cant remember the name) when i tore my ACL, MCL and PCL.... they arent even fun either, they make you feel weird, but they do work to get back to normal... they also put steroids in the cows you eat your burgers from...

steroids to battle back from an injury,= fine with me, stop when you are healed.

steroids to become something you arent = a cheater, that should be banned from the sport on the first offence... Pete Rose didnt take steroids, all he did was bet, and look what happened to him...

#818774 - 01/29/13 10:03 PM Re: A-Rod continues to be a bad example... [Re: ]
fish4brains Offline
Dah Rivah Stinkah Pink Mastah

Loc: zipper
Ray Lewis cries when anything happens. He cries when cars honk, when dinner's ready, or when he gets a text. Probably a side effect from deer antler juice.

#818781 - 01/29/13 10:30 PM Re: A-Rod continues to be a bad example... [Re: fish4brains]
yarnballsdeep
Unregistered

I have calf implants and I get acussed of taking steroids all the time...beauty is pain. Amd baseball in the modern era is the least entertaining sport around. Give me some May and Treanor volleyball. Baseball is meant to be played not watched...I miss the days.

#818824 - 01/30/13 12:18 AM Re: A-Rod continues to be a bad example... [Re: ]
Equinox Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: The "Rock"

Dennis Rodman.... In a dress !!! rofl

#818835 - 01/30/13 01:07 AM Re: A-Rod continues to be a bad example... [Re: ]
Steelheadman Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Poulsbo, WA,USA
Justin Smith looks likes he's taken human growth hormone or steroids.

#818839 - 01/30/13 02:14 AM Re: A-Rod continues to be a bad example... [Re: Steelheadman]
Twitch Offline
The Beav

Loc: Oregon Central Coast

Attachments
arod copy.jpg

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
CHUBS
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 939 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13521
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645302 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |