#990990 - 07/09/18 04:21 PM Let's make America Great Again
gooybob Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tacoma

#990992 - 07/09/18 05:37 PM Re: Let's make America Great Again [Re: gooybob]
NickD90 Offline
Shooting Instructor for hire

Loc: Snohomish, WA
I noticed that article failed to mention that the tariffs are for Chinese high-technology industries such as robotics, aerospace, industrial machinery and automobiles. Consumer goods including mobile phones, televisions, crock pots and Ivanka's dresses aren’t being hit with ANY tariffs. AND guess what....they're working! China's stock market is down 22%, their economy is not built to handle this type of push back and MANY Chinese companies are freaking the hell out. I should know. I work for a Chinese product company.

$500 million annual trade deficit & TRILLIONS in stolen IP. Let that sink in.

While I do find it entirely hippo that Ivanka has her goods mfg'd in China, I find it just as entirely hippo to exclude the facts of the situation to further create and spread FAKE NEWS!

rolleyes

#991000 - 07/09/18 06:17 PM Re: Let's make America Great Again [Re: NickD90]
Black Bart Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Adna
Time for the Left to ratchet up the rhetoric as Kavanaugh was just nominated for the SCOUS. Should be a lot of fun watching the collective meltdown from within.

#991004 - 07/09/18 07:12 PM Re: Let's make America Great Again [Re: gooybob]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA

I lol'ed.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#991005 - 07/09/18 07:28 PM Re: Let's make America Great Again [Re: gooybob]
NickD90 Offline
Shooting Instructor for hire

Loc: Snohomish, WA
rofl

My hot take regarding what I care about:

Pros:
Constitutional Judge
The 2A is locked up solid
On the books immigration & trade laws will be correctly interpreted

Cons:
Could possibly touch the abortion and LGTBQ live wires - which would be really, really stupid IMO

Ultimately, this is just a replacement for Kennedy whom was a middle of the road justice well before the party lines went opposite directions. He voted neither as a PUB or Dem and that's the way it should be. The real world ending BUTTHURT will happen when RBG kicks the can and Trump gets a 3rd. That will be a real chitshow! popcorn

#991019 - 07/10/18 08:21 AM Re: Let's make America Great Again [Re: gooybob]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Well, Chinese made fishing rods will fly below the tariff, but what about reels, made mostly of aluminum? Since they don't constitute an import of raw aluminum, maybe as an already manufactured product they will escape the tariff also? I've got all the rods and reels I'll ever need, but a generation of new and younger anglers may be affected.

#991024 - 07/10/18 09:38 AM Re: Let's make America Great Again [Re: gooybob]
stonefish Offline
King of the Beach

Loc: Carkeek Park
I just don’t see Sg buying much gear at Dick’s and Bass Pro Shops.
Since he brought it up, that must be where Charter Hank get his gear..... rofl
SF

#991026 - 07/10/18 09:54 AM Re: Let's make America Great Again [Re: gooybob]
stonefish Offline
King of the Beach

Loc: Carkeek Park
All the fly shops in downtown Seattle went tits up, except maybe Eddie Bauer has some fly gear, but I'm not sure.
Empty fly shops make excellent homeless shelters.
SF

#991078 - 07/11/18 11:47 AM Re: Let's make America Great Again [Re: gooybob]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Sorry you're so wrong Hank. Of course I have all the fishing gear I'll ever need. But I might buy some more just cuz, and helping out the economy of course. Never bought anything at Dicks, but did a walk through last year when a new one opened up in town. And determined there's nothing there that I either need or want. I shopped at Bass Pro twice last year because they had the right size and color of beads for tying chironomid fly patterns that the local fly shops didn't have in stock.

Haven't bought a fly reel from a fly shop in 25 years. I mainly add to my collection from NOS sales of classic models in the interwebz and fishing site classifieds. It's hard to resist a good deal, which is why my salmon tackle box has two unused level winds in case one of the in-service reels ever craps out.

It amazed me to find such good deals on barely used fishing gear until I realized that I have so much that some day some guy(s) will get really good deals on my barely used and used gear when I kick the bucket.

I never buy ascots. Stam supplies those.

#991079 - 07/11/18 12:05 PM Re: Let's make America Great Again [Re: Salmo g.]
NOFISH Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Olalla, WA
Are you guys saying that Trump is coming to take my reels?? Over my cold dead body!

Damn Stam!
Remember, Ask yourself "What would Stam do?" smile

#991125 - 07/12/18 12:13 PM Re: Let's make America Great Again [Re: ]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Originally Posted By: Hankster
They're also an acquired taste of those fly flingers that sip on their IPA with an extended pinky.

Washington State Fairy Wand Fly Flingers, for the most part, are spotted as they are dressed in head-to-toe SIMMS gear, sport a full Jesus beard, travel in packs and normally in rafts, have YouTube instructional video perfect casts, fish in waters that looks very similar to some famous British Columbia Rivers, yet the fish they are after are holding in the deepest and fast part of the river that they can't cast or get too (But hey, that shallow tailout looks exactly like they do up on the Kispiox!) AND drink Rainier or PBR's.

They do NOT drink IPA's.

Pinky raising is only allowed when one lands a 30 pound steelhead. IE, it's not allowed for most Washington State Fairy Wand Fly Flingers.

Ascots, pipe smoking, single malt scotches, and Orvis Gear are of the older, dying generation of of Washington State Fairy Wand Fly Flingers.

#991129 - 07/12/18 12:18 PM Re: Let's make America Great Again [Re: gooybob]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Sorry.

Haven't been on the Hoh (the river) in a while.

#991260 - 07/16/18 03:27 PM Re: Let's make America Great Again [Re: ]
gooybob Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tacoma
Originally Posted By: Hankster

No tariffs on any shoes or apparel, including waders, boots and the fuzzy bunny slippers goonybob likes so much.

Ivanka's line of steel and aluminum fashion shoes didn't escape the tariffs though.

As usual you missed the whole point (except the one at the top of your head). The point is that why isn't she making clothes here dumb@ss? What about the jobs that Trump says need to be brought home? Keep making excuses for him and let me remind you one more time for all here to see. Make sure you're 401-K is in safe investments because your idiot president is going to blow the whole house of cards to the ground.

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
landcruiserwilly, Tom Trune
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 586 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645370 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |