LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#989657 - 05/23/18 02:42 PM Drug testing....
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Who thinks random drug testing for people who are on the public dole is a good idea ? I would entertain the idea,depending on the cost.

- Albert Einstein.

#989658 - 05/23/18 02:51 PM Re: Drug testing.... [Re: Sol Duc]
larryb Offline
The Rainman

Loc: elma washington
from what i have read every state that has drug tested welfare people have ended up spending more money test than they have saved by kicking people off the dole

#989659 - 05/23/18 02:59 PM Re: Drug testing.... [Re: Sol Duc]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
What larry says is true...the several times they have tried it they have spent far more administering the tests than they saved by finding drugged up recipients...the number of drugged up recipients is miniscule, actually.

If we really wanted to save some money, though, we should drug test every single person in Washington who is in Congress or the Senate, or the White House.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#989660 - 05/23/18 03:09 PM Re: Drug testing.... [Re: Sol Duc]
steeleworldwide
Unregistered

You can save money by cutting all welfare payments to zero. You can save a few bucks by doing the same with politicians.

#989663 - 05/23/18 03:49 PM Re: Drug testing.... [Re: Todd]
NickD90 Offline
Shooting Instructor for hire

Loc: Snohomish, WA
Originally Posted By: Todd
What larry says is true...the several times they have tried it they have spent far more administering the tests than they saved by finding drugged up recipients...the number of drugged up recipients is miniscule, actually.

If we really wanted to save some money, though, we should drug test every single person in Washington who is in Congress or the Senate, or the White House.

Fish on...

Todd

I second the motion. BUT....I want it for all Politicians at all levels. If you want to represent the people, you gotta piss in a cup. Unfortunately, the rich Politicians are in the Peruvian Marching Powder Club which is out of your system in 3 - 4 days. It's the poor, fat dope smokers who get screwed over. So, we should make it daily for the People's Reps...just to be safe. thumbs

#989670 - 05/23/18 08:12 PM Re: Drug testing.... [Re: Sol Duc]
RICH G
Unregistered

When I first read your post I thought you were referring to "public employees" , as being on the "public dole" but then realized you were talking about the welfare people. I figure it would be a good idea to do annual and random drug tests for state and local government employees, but the unions would never stand for it and the administrations honestly would not want to find out what everybody is doing.

As far as the welfare folk being drug tested, its a double edged sword, I think it causes more trouble and money if you do it vs. if you don't.

#989675 - 05/23/18 10:49 PM Re: Drug testing.... [Re: ]
vapidangler
Unregistered

They should make all the politicians take Ayahuasca and get their heads out of their asses.

#989688 - 05/24/18 09:05 AM Re: Drug testing.... [Re: Sol Duc]
Salmo g. Online   content
River Nutrients

Who cares if someone is using drugs? I don't. What matters is a person's utility to society. Instead of testing welfare recipients for drug use, I'd a whole lot rather we have a plan for moving said recipients off of welfare and toward becoming contributing members of society. I've posted my suggestions before, but like my suggestions for treating the homelessness problem, it's harsh because of its "tough love" approach. I'm an advocate for giving people the tools to create their own success. That way society doesn't have to take care of so much dead weight, and a greater proportion of the population contributes to the general welfare of the nation and the world.

#989692 - 05/24/18 10:35 AM Re: Drug testing.... [Re: Sol Duc]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline
My Area code makes me cooler than you

I will accept a $10,000,000 grant to form a non profit and study this concept.

#989700 - 05/24/18 12:26 PM Re: Drug testing.... [Re: ]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Originally Posted By: RICH G
I figure it would be a good idea to do annual and random drug tests for state and local government employees

How is that a good idea?

Fiscally?

You are sounding very liberal there in your spending habits, my friend.

Originally Posted By: WDFW X 1 = 0
I will accept a $10,000,000 grant to form a non profit and study this concept.

Get RichG on the Seattle City Council and I'm sure he'd get a tax voted in for you. It's what we do here in Seattle.

You two would fit right in here in Seattle. I'm sure you'd get plenty of votes.

Closet-Seattlites.

Super.

#989702 - 05/24/18 01:41 PM Re: Drug testing.... [Re: Todd]
Mingo Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Kona, Hawaii

Fish on...

Todd

rofl imagine the results. I'd add rigorous testing for mental illness as well, with a focus on megalomania, Oppositional Defiance Disorder and Narcissistic Personality Disorder. I bet the NPD diagnosis alone would hover around 99%.

#989716 - 05/24/18 04:47 PM Re: Drug testing.... [Re: Mingo]
NickD90 Offline
Shooting Instructor for hire

Loc: Snohomish, WA
Originally Posted By: Mingo

Fish on...

Todd

rofl imagine the results. I'd add rigorous testing for mental illness as well, with a focus on megalomania, Oppositional Defiance Disorder and Narcissistic Personality Disorder. I bet the NPD diagnosis alone would hover around 99%.

YIKES! Good thing I'm not a Politician.

#989767 - 05/26/18 08:37 AM Re: Drug testing.... [Re: NickD90]
fish4brains Offline
Dah Rivah Stinkah Pink Mastah

Loc: zipper
I would think at minimum that welfare recipients could pick up trash along the roads or work at the food bank? Some kind of accountability instead of sitting around waiting for the mail may begin to teach some work type habits.

#989768 - 05/26/18 09:22 AM Re: Drug testing.... [Re: Salmo g.]
Jason Beezuz Offline
My Waders are Moist

Loc: PNW
Originally Posted By: Salmo g.
it's harsh because of its "tough love" approach. I'm an advocate for giving people the tools to create their own success. That way society doesn't have to take care of so much dead weight, and a greater proportion of the population contributes to the general welfare of the nation and the world.

I am pretty sure this is the way God engineered our existence. If we had everything handed to us we would be a vile, wrecked, immoral people, always coming back to God for more help and constantly tearing down whatever joy sprouted among the chaos.

Maybe it's amphetamines.

#989769 - 05/26/18 09:39 AM Re: Drug testing.... [Re: Jason Beezuz]
ReefSkunk
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Jason Beezuz

I am pretty sure this is the way God engineered our existence.

Ok Jason G.

The Dark Side, Home of the conspiracy theory zealots.

#989783 - 05/26/18 11:31 AM Re: Drug testing.... [Re: Sol Duc]
Salmo g. Online   content
River Nutrients

"If they make the able-bodied do any kind of work for their sustenance it's unfair and probably racist."

Life ain't fair, and people are racist. Now what?

#989817 - 05/26/18 07:26 PM Re: Drug testing.... [Re: Salmo g.]
GoldDigger Offline
Returning Adult

Originally Posted By: Salmo g.

Life ain't fair, and people are racist. Now what?

The most honest post I've ever seen on the Darkside...

If the rest of the population could understand this, there would be a lot more productivity and a whole lot less whining going on in the country.

It simply ..IS...people should just accept it and move on.

#989824 - 05/27/18 09:32 PM Re: Drug testing.... [Re: Sol Duc]
LocalTalent Offline
Juvenile at Sea

I bet a lot of EBT recipients would love to test drugs.

#989828 - 05/28/18 07:02 AM Re: Drug testing.... [Re: Sol Duc]
Carcassman Online   content
River Nutrients

Loc: Olema,California,Planet Earth
Somebody, back in my youth so it could have been Moses, said something like "An unfortunate fact of is life is that there are winners and there are losers."

Life doesn't give participation trophies.

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
CHUBS
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Carcassman), 1080 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13521
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645302 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |