Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#316880 - 10/21/05 08:16 PM Looking for some safe runs on Sky
KlausRMinnow Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Everwet WA
Hi All,

I am looking for some relatively safe runs of river to take my father fishing on; he is 77 and cannot take any heavy water, sudden stops, or big surprises.

We have been fishing around Snohomish (and above) quite a lot but it has slowed a bit and my guess is that the fish have moved on up.

It has been 10+ years since I ran from Monroe (Lewis Street) to Ben Howard or from Sultan (Sultan river launch) to Wallace. Are these still fairly simple runs to navigate in a sled? Are these still productive stretches?

Any suggestions are very much appreciated,

Sincere Best Regards
KRM

#316881 - 10/21/05 10:13 PM Re: Looking for some safe runs on Sky
ondarvr Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Spokane WA
There's not much in those areas to worry about and now with higher water there are fewer areas with rocks and gravel bars to push and pull the boat through. As you know, you can run into problems on any type of water, so you always need to be carefull.

Good luck.

#316882 - 10/21/05 11:29 PM Re: Looking for some safe runs on Sky
KlausRMinnow Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Everwet WA
ondarvr,

Thanks. I am overly cautious in these rivers and found it better to ask questions first. I have had the unfortunate task of towing two boats in over the past three years on the lower river… one with a lower unit torn off and the other with a log sized hole in its belly. Oh yes, and the recovery of one full sized Cummins Dodge above the Lowell launch.

PS Was scouting on the Stilly today and saw some sizable splashing going on, thinking about casting some flies off of Warm Beach Sunday. Hopefully will have some pics for show and tell Monday

Thanks Again
KRM

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Born2Boat, Dirk Mc Girk, Frankster, Oz-fish, starfisher
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 335 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |