Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#73241 - 04/13/06 02:41 PM New to owning a boat
Bill G Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Buckley Wa.
It is said everyone has to start somewhere. I just finished a book: Walleye Tactics, tips & Tales Writen by Mark Strand and published by the North American Fishing Club.
I wish I had read this book 30 years ago. It is not just a fishing book, it covers everything from soup to nuts. Or should I say from looking to buy a boat to setting it up and launching it in the lake and storing it in winter.
It sure would have saved me a ton of money and inbearassment. All the stuff I have broken sunk or missused are covered and how to prevent it.
A freind gave it to me for x-mas and I just now got around to reading it. It should be a library book so you don't need to buy it.
It was published in 1990 so some things are dated. This is a great read for anyone that uses a boat to fish.
Note: Their are people that have left the plug out and then their are the ones that haven't YET

#73242 - 04/13/06 04:50 PM Re: New to owning a boat
Ichtyoid Offline
Spawner

Loc: Olympia
Ive left my plug out, I admit, but two 1000 gpm automatic bilge pumps prevented calamity until I could return to the launch.

Another embarassment I'll admit to here is joining the NAFC.

I fell for a cheap-o pot metal zipper pull and a pack of fishing hooks of a size I'd never use in Western WA.
What I got in return was weekly phone harrasment for two years to become a Life Member for the low, low price of only $500.
They dont have anything to offer that you can't find at Barnes & Noble or Sportco.

#73243 - 04/14/06 04:04 PM Re: New to owning a boat
Bill G Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Buckley Wa.
I didn't even sugest to buy the book I was thinking anyone could check it out from the local library. It was simple enough for me to understand and thought it might help someone not do a lot of the things I had to learn the HARD way

#73244 - 04/15/06 08:47 PM Re: New to owning a boat
glennski Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Redmond, Wa.
Learning the hard way is one way not to forget. If you want to learn alot about boating visit any heavy used boat launch and watch, caution stay well back as a large vessel throwing a big wave can throw a boat side ways on a trailer faster than you can get out of the way.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
landcruiserwilly, Tom Trune
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1058 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |