Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#78000 - 11/06/04 06:38 PM Yale, WA Muzzleloader
Hawk06 Offline
Egg

Loc: Ft. Lewis
Hunting Brothers,

I drew the Yale Muzzleloader Elk Permit for Nov 22 - Dec 15 this year. I have scouted hard, but the animals really are not there yet. My understanding is that it is a damage hunt targeted at elk draining out of the Toutle after the snow flies. If any of you have some good information on the Yale unit, I would really appreciate the help. It is a permit hunt, so I am hoping that will reduce the ziiper lip a bit, but if not I understand.

Thanks
Dan

#78001 - 11/06/04 08:12 PM Re: Yale, WA Muzzleloader
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
One of your best bets is to contact the regional big game biologists on these damage hunts. If that unit begins with a "5", call the Vancouver office. If it is a "6", call the Montesano office and ask for Max Zahn or Jack Smith.

The big game biologist should be able to put you in contact with landowners making damage claims due to the elk.

Good luck!

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#78002 - 11/14/04 12:57 AM Re: Yale, WA Muzzleloader
FishinClinician Offline
Alevin

Loc: Vancouver, WA
I got my elk during the regular muzzleloading season in the Yale unit. The area I got it was close to private property, and I think the elk hang out in the private area the majority of the time, I caught a nice 4X4 that made a mistake and followed the herd onto public property. If I were you I'd hunt the 6600 road on the border of the toutle and yale unit. I beleive this is an anterless tag? With any luck, snow, deer hunters, and toutle tag holders will have pushed some herds into your area! Good luck, FC.

Moderator:  Bob, Jerry Garcia, ReiterRat, Sky-Guy 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
280ackimp, DAVEANNICK, nicksdad, redgussydog, reitersteelhead123, wallacewhaler123, zswoods
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Carcassman), 988 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645354 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |