LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#74648 - 02/05/02 02:45 PM Did duck hunting suck for everyone?
HBP Offline
Spawner

Loc: Everett,Wa
I hunted all over the state this year, ( Potholes,CWR,Skagit,Zipperlip ponds ) and the ducks just didn't seem to show up. We did o.k. at Potholes but nothing like years past. Even some of the guides I talked with reported a pretty lame season. Anybody do any better than our group?

- no boss, no clock, no stress, no dress code...no shoes,no shirts, no problems. - Kenny Chesney -

#74649 - 02/05/02 04:29 PM Re: Did duck hunting suck for everyone?
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
I only set my dekes out 4 times this year. It seemed that I was too busy chasing deer, elk and fish to get much time for ducks. On the days when we did get out, we did fair over decoys. I had a few exceptional days jumpshooting. I only hunted in the Chehalis Valley near Porter.

Andy

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#74650 - 02/05/02 05:17 PM Re: Did duck hunting suck for everyone?
Chromeo Offline
Spawner

Loc: Kenmore, WA
my buddies did S****Y this year hunting the cherry valley area.
Tyler

#74651 - 02/06/02 02:23 AM Re: Did duck hunting suck for everyone?
BigShark Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: PDX
The bird harvest was very light here in Oregon. The Sauvie Island public shooting area had the lightest take ever according to the refuge manager. As far as the private clubs go it was very poor for some. One 10 man club took less that 100 birds which was about a 90% drop in harvest. Our club took about 1400 fewer birds than our annual average. Its a large club with 20 members. The take represents about a 65% drop. Our valley clubs did poorly as well. I shoot on an exchange hunt basis with friends and their reports are in line with what happened on the island. A buddy in Klamath Falls sings the same tune. The majority concludes they didn't stop for long in Oregon. Sure we all had a few great days but not nearly as many as in the past. Warm weather, lots of sheet water to scatter them and then off to points south. Oh well....I'm getting ready for next year.

#74652 - 02/06/02 10:06 PM Re: Did duck hunting suck for everyone?
GameHunter Offline
Fry

Loc: Bothell
Well lets just say I am rather depressed about this years duck season. I went countless times, I set decs out and jumpshot. I drove up north and visited local ponds and reserves. I didn't take more birds then you can count on two hands. Is it just me or did everything seem to be flying high, even in low ceiling conditions.
Oh well I'll be back at it next year.

#74653 - 02/07/02 01:13 AM Re: Did duck hunting suck for everyone?
Fisherdan Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Auburn, Wa, USA
Salmon fishing was too good to quit and duck hunting was too bad to start this year. I have one West Side hotspot with some farmers who befriended me that has been just spectacular the past 4 years. This last season, the ducks just never showed in numbers on the farm I hunt.... Maybe next year.

Fisherdan

#74654 - 02/07/02 12:58 PM Re: Did duck hunting suck for everyone?
Firedog Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: SW Washington
We only ended up hunting 3 or 4 days this year due to lack of birds. Hopefully next year will be better, I had high hopes for good shooting this year.

Moderator:  Bob, Jerry Garcia, ReiterRat, Sky-Guy 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1089 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645296 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |