I know there are some bow hunters out there.
I went on a boar hunt this past weekend. I don't bowhunt so I was just tagging along with a buddy who lives there and does. I've got a whole new respect for Stam and Sol as my buddy was using trad gear and I got to see the advantages and limitations of it.
The place is out of Hollister, CA which is about an hour from Santa Cruz or an hour and a half or two hours from San Jose (airport).
It was a very cool set up. Dude is a cattle rancher and has about 9k acres of land with a cabin for eight. The cabin is at the high point with nice views and amenities. You supply your own food but the place has everything you'd want (even sat tv).
He does not guide you but does give a tour and tells you where he's seen hogs lately. He comes up to the cabin a couple of times a day and has a radio on to help with getting hogs out and a place to hang, and skin and a walk in cooler for storage down at his ranch house.
He also has turkey and deer. I saw a lot of nice buck over the three days and 3 different hogs that were 300 +/-.
If I get any pics back I'll post em up (used my buds camera).
Just thought I'd put this on here in case anyone was looking for a hunt.
When a 300 lb pig does the devil squeel from 50 yards you take notice!