With all of the controversy going on with gun control, I like a lot of people opened the gun cabinet to see just what I have, and what more do I need while I can still get it (if it comes to that)
What I found was memories and a treasure chest of my past.
I picked out a rifle shouldered it and immediatly remembered the first deer I ever shot many years ago. This rifle I bought after working a summer job in high school Remington 788 .308 had open sights on it back then. I Remember where I was, time of day, and the shot. I remember shaking so bad I had to lean against a tree to steady myself. Got that deer right through the heart.
The .410 single shot my dad gave me when I was 12. winchester steelbuilt model 37. Remember first thing I ever shot with it was a jackrabbit. Funny how my wife says I can't remember [Bleeeeep!] any more Guess that proves her wrong.
And my Parker Hale 7mm mag actually had a guy want to trade straight across for his weatherby 300 win mag while humping miles across the Owyhee mountains in Idaho looking for a nice buck. His shoulder was killing him from the weight of the weatherby while the 7mm fully loaded with scope and all is probably 7 pounds or so.
Anyway found my Grandfathers old 16 gauge double Handed down to him by his dad. Don't know very much about it other than it is a Hopkins & Allen Arms Company serial 8##. I read where these were actually mail order guns made between 1898 to 1915 you could buy for $5.00 to $10.00 back then. Of course It brings back no memories to me other than my Grandfathers face who has been gone for almost 30 years. Its not worth much as a collectable and having damascus barrels I wouldn't even think of trying to fire it. If only guns could talk!
Just Thought I would share some memories and a picture of an old treasure Post em if you got em.

Ramprat