VIGILANTE JUSTICE

Posted by: Sol

VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 10/30/06 04:27 PM

Enough pissing and moaning about tweeker break-ins. How about we take care of it Charles Bronson style? Lets brainstorm some theft deterrents that we could easily manufacture and install in our vehicles when we are out fishing?

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 10/30/06 04:38 PM

Think simple, elegant and disabilitating.
Posted by: slabhunter

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 10/30/06 04:45 PM

I wouldn't suggest taking them down to the mud flats at low tide and let the crabs have at them as they are stuck there. wink
Watching over our vehicles will only get you so far. Besides, crab need to eat too. My 16ft jet has a 53gal capacity. plenty of range. beer
Posted by: troller

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 10/30/06 04:53 PM

Posted by: Jamie

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 10/30/06 04:53 PM

You're right Slab, that would be a terrible idea. BTW, how do you propose transporting them?

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 10/30/06 04:59 PM

Troller: You're on the right track ma-man. Could be a simple as leaving some cash sticking out of your ash tray. It's the first thing they are gonna grab. Except within the roll of money you could hide a small amount of Hydrocloric or Muratic Acid in, say a small toothpaste container with the top half cut-off. When they grab it, it ouzes out on their hand. That's bad shi%, man. He's one hurtin' MF'r.

Just clue your turn around guy in to leave it alone.
Posted by: slabhunter

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 10/30/06 05:09 PM

Jamie, Alive, of course. laugh Just think of them struggling, and sinking deeper; the crabs crawling all around, waiting for the opportunity to get the soft tissue. laugh The bones would just get burried in the shifting sands.

Happy Halloween!
Posted by: Krijack

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 10/30/06 05:19 PM

Troller and Sol,
I have thought about the same thing, but in a less lethal or potentially liable way. Perhaps leaving a small box or wallet in view on the seat. When they open it a dye packet explodes, similar to at a bank. In addition, just for our pleasure, a good dose of pepper spray also nails them. While it may not have the ultimate effect I would like, it may still deter them a little and at least make them identifiable for a short period.

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 10/30/06 05:27 PM

By elegant I mean simplistic, Aunty.

Liability can easily be side-stepped with a simple warning on the window, stating that the vehicle is equipped with a chemical theft deterant, which would of course be a deterant in itself. But, it needs to be backed-up with the real deal.

The possibilities are limitless with a little research and creativity. BTW: I'll keep my little set-up to myself.
Posted by: Chumlicker

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 10/30/06 05:35 PM

"Liability can easily be side-stepped with a simple warning on the window"

You cannot waive liability on a trap intended to harm or entrap humans with any disclosure signed or unsigned. You would also waive your insurance coverage and open yourself up to a lawsuit that could cost you everything you own.
Posted by: ROCK

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 10/30/06 05:35 PM

I like the fishhooks welded to 100 lb cable in the door handle that someone did on one of these sites. evil
Posted by: Ichtyoid

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 10/30/06 05:45 PM

Deterrent?

Dead men tell no tales. How will the tweakers spread the word?

Here's my suggestion:

Park a car at a launch, a nice one, maybe with an obvious tool box or something valuable in the back, plainly visible.

Get 9 or 10 guys together and lay in wait. You could even make a good time of it camping style with loaded film canisters and plenty of beer, as long as there's someone on sentry watching the bait car with a radio to let you know when someone takes the bait.

When the Tweakers arrive, jump their asses ambush style and take them captive. Might mean blocking their car in or holding them at gunpoint. When you have them strip them down, tie them up to trees around your campfire, douse them in gasoline and work them over with pick handles while you torment thier flammable asses with lit matches. Leave them to rot tied up like that.

Might want to wear masks for that kind of thing.

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 10/30/06 05:47 PM

Quote:
You cannot waive liability on a trap intended to harm or entrap humans with any disclosure signed or unsigned. You would also waive your insurance coverage and open yourself up to a lawsuit that could cost you everything you own.
Yeah..I figured that statement would bring out the truth. Therein lies the problem with this country: Law and Politics favor those with little to lose.

If some tweeked-out loser wants to take down my licence plate and come after me in court after he's been mamed so be it.
Posted by: stlhead

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 10/30/06 05:56 PM

How about something enticing in a vase type opening where you can't draw your hand back out without dropping the object. Tweaker will never let go.
Posted by: fish4brains

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 10/30/06 05:57 PM

How about a sweatshirt draped over a bear trap in the back of the 4 runner. Maybe a wallet laying on top like cheese in a mouse trap. It doesn't take $10,000 worth of [Bleeeeep!] to attract a tweaker, try a decent rod and reel or a $20 bill.
Posted by: OPfisher

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 10/30/06 06:19 PM

the ultimate irony would be to show up at their house, kick down their door and bust all their meth equipment.

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 10/30/06 06:19 PM

Let's start a tagging and neutering program. Dart them, ear tag them, neuter them (can't reproduce) and let them go for tracking. I bet we could get on Natl Geo?
Posted by: Kid Sauk

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 10/30/06 06:24 PM

Next time you see a bunch of broken auto glass in the parking lot pick it up. Put the broken pieces in a container and save them. Next time you park your rig by the river just roll one window all the way down and sprinkle the broken glass pieces all over the ground. Open your glovebox, center console and mix up the contents.

The tweakers will think that somebody beat them to the punch and leave your stuff alone.
Posted by: hohbomb73

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 10/30/06 06:25 PM

Ichtyoid-I like yer idea best. It's more Charles Bronson style. He was always about people taking power into their own hands.

Seems to be enough of us here on this thread already.

(I have these cool mexican wrestling masks...)

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 10/30/06 06:28 PM

Good one Sauk. Create a tweaker turf war so they kill each other.

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 10/30/06 06:29 PM

Quote:
The tweakers will think that somebody beat them to the punch and leave your stuff alone.
And by tweekers you mean all your buddies? huh

Not sure that would be the best alternative in the wet winter months, Justin.

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 10/30/06 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by hohbomb73:
Ichtyoid-I like yer idea best. It's more Charles Bronson style. He was always about people taking power into their own hands.

Seems to be enough of us here on this thread already.

(I have these cool mexican wrestling masks...)
The trick is not just to kill or cripple them, but to psychologically scar them so badly that they abandon the lifestyle altogether. Scare them so bad they cry for thier mommies and crap themselves. Of course you gotta give them a few whacks here & there...Best thing to do is just leave them tied up and doused with gas while you all sit around and discuss the the most painful way you are going to dispatch them for hours on end.

"I say we hang 'em, burn 'em, THEN shoot 'em!!"

"Well I say we tie 'em up, load 'em in their car and roll it into the drink!"

"I say we rape 'em, shoot em, and bury 'em!!"

"Lets rape thier horses and ride off on thier wimmin!!"
Posted by: wntrrn

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 10/30/06 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by stlhead:
How about something enticing in a vase type opening where you can't draw your hand back out without dropping the object. Tweaker will never let go.
Now that's just downright cruel. laugh

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 10/30/06 07:07 PM

Sol, my buddies are stoners man....stoners not tweakers you dingdong. The only thing my buddies would steal from you is a doughnut or a handful of chips when you weren't looking.

Kind of like me saying that your buddies are snaggers when they are really plunkers.....cool? wink
Posted by: Fish Whisperer

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 10/30/06 07:15 PM

How about a "Trunk Monkey"? Have you seen one of those in action?

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 10/30/06 07:16 PM

Gotcha..... laugh

Nothing personal, kid. I'm an ass. Just ask Parker. wink

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 10/30/06 07:16 PM

Jeez...where's the little padlock Icon?
Posted by: The Moderator

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 10/30/06 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Fish Whisperer:
How about a "Trunk Monkey"? Have you seen one of those in action?
Team that up with Karate Monkey and that'd be a hard pair to compete with!

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 10/30/06 07:22 PM

Don't need the lock, I fixed mine to take out the cheapshot. Sol got the point, now we're cool again.

BTW, Sol you are NOT an ass........Parker is an ass (insert jealous 30# steelie icon here) wink laugh
Posted by: The Moderator

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 10/30/06 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Kid Sauk:
Parker is an ass
Oh sure. You two love monkeys kiss and make up and now you gotta pick on the Parker.

Super.

I'm gonna have to drop the gloves and get ugly on this one. Here comes the Karate and Trunk monkeys.......

Time to booze up and RIOT!!!! Gin makes a man MEAN!

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 10/30/06 07:29 PM

He's an ass, I'm an ass, you're an ass, everyone on this board is an ass, bro. At least all of us can be at times. Anyone who thinks otherwise has some SERIOUS issues. wink

Now, back to the topic.

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 10/30/06 07:32 PM

Speaking of Gin, This PSA meeting on Thursday night at the legion hall on Boston Harbor rd...

Anyone else going to go? I've got a free pass for the evening so I'm going to head out fer a beer or three after....

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 10/30/06 07:32 PM

Yeah, Parker you picked your own peck a pickin' on with that 30.

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 10/30/06 07:34 PM

Don't ever take Parker gambling unless you want to floss your teeth with a high-powered riffle.

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 10/30/06 07:50 PM

Back to topic:

I have Autopage on my truck equipped with a IR sensor that is easily reachable and adjustable. When I bank it on the rivers I turn up the IR so that my alarm goes off when anybody is within a foot of my cab windows. Ring ring ring on my keychain remote and I'm back a the truck quick. I've actually caught people hovering around my rig this way. Easy to do but not cheap.

I also have a siren bypass switch that I enable if I really want to get covert and bust a potential thief. Now the lowlife that is peeking in my truck windows has no idea that he just paged me to my vehicle. With Autopage and an LCD bi-directional remote, you know exactly what zone is violated (doors, prox/IR, hood, shock sensor, etc.)

This is a great vigilante tool because you can't hear your alarm go off at the vehicle, but you will hear your keychain remote singing away.

The ONLY alternative to watching your vehicle physically, responding to Autopage alarms, or leaving a large dog in the car is to LEAVE NOTHING OF VALUE IN YOUR CAR, espcially in plain sight. If you can't take it with you, then get a PYTHON lock made by Master Lock and thread it through everything so the burglar has to take forever trying to get your stuff out. Works great for luggage, tackle boxes, rod cases, etc. Easy to grab one thing and go, but imagine trying to take a trunkfull of stuff that is all chained together with a Python lock. If you can't stop them, slow them down.
Posted by: TBird

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 10/30/06 08:43 PM

Hey justin.. Viper just came out with the 5900sst which is the updated version of the 791xv.. The advantage is, that it gives you a "1 mile" range on your two way remote.. Not sure if you are aware of that one or not! =)

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 10/30/06 08:50 PM

Did he really catch it? We all know his propensity for photoshop.
Posted by: the machinist

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 10/30/06 09:07 PM

Hey Ichtyoid you have a personl message.

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 10/30/06 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by the machinist:
Hey Ichtyoid you have a personl message.
replied

thumbs
Posted by: river seeker

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 10/31/06 01:50 AM

just put a couple rattle snakes in your truck that will fix those a holes for sure.lmao
Posted by: Phoenix77

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 10/31/06 10:31 AM

Posted by: havnfun

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 10/31/06 10:54 AM

misunderstood tweakers have a medical problem. just like smokers and boozers. drugs addicts even can get some of our soical security money that we have been saving.

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 10/31/06 11:08 AM

Heres another one, take a bottle of Jack Daniels coat the outside of it with DMSO and Antabuse. Leave in plain site for Tweaker to take along with a 5 dollar bill coated in Dmso and exlax. He can puke and sh@#$ at the same time.

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 10/31/06 02:14 PM

Here's a good one. Leave a cheap sub-standard 9mm handgun laying visible in your vehicle, but load it with +P rounds. The thief steals it, takes it home and fires off a round.......BANGGGGGG......there goes his hand and part of his face if you're lucky.

Engineering failures are a goldmine in ideas. smile

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 10/31/06 02:17 PM

Better yet put a big blob of solder in the barrel.

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 10/31/06 02:23 PM

Here we go guys---Just need to hook this baby up to your car alaarm so it will work while you're away.

http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/africa/9812/11/flame.thrower.car/

Check out the quicktime link on the right! evil
Posted by: OceanSun

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 10/31/06 02:28 PM

I like it!! That'll smoke thier crack good!
Posted by: Dave D

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 10/31/06 02:46 PM

Quote:
Kind of like me saying that your buddies are snaggers when they are really plunkers.
That's some funny stuff smile
Posted by: DawgDrvr

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 10/31/06 02:52 PM

Hey folks, I've got the sure fire tweeker repellent for my pick up. I installed a Magneto from a Cessna 152 onto my firewall. hooked it up to the battery a run two magnetic alarm plates to each door (the kind you find in Brink's home alarm systems, on your windows) I put them on my door jams. So if they break my window and open either door they get hit with 10,000 volts. The idea behind a magneto is simple. It is basically an electrical generator that has been tuned to create a periodic high-voltage pulse rather than continuous current. An electrical generator (or a magneto) is the reverse of an electromagnet In an electromagnet there is a coil of wire around an iron bar (the armature). When you apply current to the electromagnet's coil (e.g., with a battery), the coil creates a magnetic field in the armature. In a generator, you reverse the process. You move a magnet past the armature to create electric current in the coil. the good thing is it only has 2 AMPS.

The bad news is when my Tweeker neighbor broke into my truck and it put him on his ass he called the local sherifs and they almost took my butt to the Thurston Co. jail. They arrested him instead but told me I had to dismantle it because it might be lethal to anyone breaking in to my truck.

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 10/31/06 03:00 PM

Quote:
The bad news is when my Tweeker neighbor broke into my truck and it put him on his ass he called the local sherifs and they almost took my butt to the Thurston Co. jail. They arrested him instead but told me I had to dismantle it because it might be lethal to anyone breaking in to my truck.
Does that piss anyone off as much as it does me? This country makes me sick.

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 10/31/06 03:14 PM

How about we send all these convicted low lifes to Bagdad as IED detectors?

Or else six years in Pullman.

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 10/31/06 04:19 PM

time to install two magnetos,
Posted by: grizz

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 10/31/06 04:55 PM

web page
Posted by: Pat Graham

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 10/31/06 06:25 PM

Put me in a tree stand with my bow staking out the place where they are breaking in. Then when suspected people shoe up I will rubber dub them till they cry for help. I bet this would make them think twice about it.

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 10/31/06 06:39 PM

In the spirit of halloween: Poison Candy. Let them eat it and die elsewhere.
Posted by: Mr.Twister

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 10/31/06 06:58 PM

In the spirit of halloween of course.....he he

Be kind of fun to come running out of the brush with the Hannible mask and a running chainsaw just to see them Sh%$ themselves. That would become part of tweaker lore foreever...

Tweakers are easy to F#ck with because they are quite paranoid...Why do you think they like to do it doggy style? so they can both watch for the cops.
Posted by: Mike C

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 10/31/06 07:06 PM

Well... how about this solution. Someone organize a group of anglers on this Forum and take turns patroling and watching the primary launch areas. Obviously the police can't be everywhere all the time. Maybe it's time for the anglers to take turns and take the initiative. Kind of like a "block watch" program for river launch areas. It's fun to day dream about ways of getting back but how about ways of preventing the problem? Are there enough of us concerned to take some positive action? Would you be willing to donate half a day to sitting around at Ben Howard to protect your fellow angler's rigs? what

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 10/31/06 07:30 PM

I spent the entire day in the back of my truck at Camp Bethel on Kirkpatrick Road (same place the smash and grab happened) the day before the break in. People were walking around on occation. Some walked down to look at the river and left. For all I know one or more of them could have been casing the cars parked there for valuables. Problem with your solution is these acts are random and happen quickly. Are you prepared for a confrontation? What if they are armed? If you simply call the cops as an eye witness to a break-in with a licence plate number of a fleeing vehicle what good is going to come from that? You might get someone's stuff back, but their rig will still be destroyed and the courts and jails are already full of these scumbags because the system seemingly favors crime. In the end you will have accomplished nothing form a deterrant standpoint.

To answer your question, NO. If I caught some POS breaking into a rig I would be unable to act in a law abiding fashion, so I would not choose put myself in that position on a regular basis. Give me a gun and a get-out-of-jail free card and I'll change my mind.
Posted by: Mike C

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 10/31/06 10:10 PM

Posted by: hohbomb73

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 10/31/06 10:26 PM

Wouldn't it be an even greater deterrent if the "patrol" were all wearing cool Mexican wrestling masks?
Posted by: Buckskinner

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 10/31/06 11:10 PM

Seems to me I heard stories as a kid about how safe from crime certain Middle East countries were because of the swift and certain punishment. Like a thief losing a hand the first time he stole.

So, as long as I'm joining the group to watch the parking lot, I'd take my little Gerber kindling axe. Once you started to see one handed folks getting driven around by some scraggly blue-gummed gutter sluts, you'd know you were making a positive impact for posterity!

You'd recognize the really stupid ones by the homemade prosthetics for BOTH hands...

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 11/01/06 02:05 AM

There's only one way to deal with horsethieves in the American West.
Posted by: Wooly Bully

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 11/01/06 02:26 AM

I'm with Sol on this one;

"If I caught some POS breaking into a rig I would be unable to act in a law abiding fashion"

What a nightmare I'd probably end up dead or in jail.

Maybe we could figure a way to photograph them and their vehicle with a camera trap or video. Then let the victim decide how to use the images.

Simple-Elegant
Posted by: OceanSun

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 11/01/06 06:42 AM

Here's an interesting article where a fisherman actually had a shootout with car thieves at the river.

http://www.eurekareporter.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?ArticleID=16863
Posted by: FishRanger

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 11/01/06 09:14 AM

he was fired on and he only responded with one round?!?!?!?! How about emptying the mag into those POS!!!!
SO when the cops show up and haul away the POS tweaker/thief/criminal (who happens to be full of lead with my doberman attached to the carcass), will the saying that I have heard "he was asking for it/deserved it" still apply like it supposedly does to the people who lose gear locked up in their vehicles???? shoot what

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 11/01/06 10:45 AM

How would I respond? Let me just say I'd be mader than an African American dry cleaner pressing a KKK gown. I'd hurt the little fuc%er.....BAD. I've gone down hard on first-degree assault before. I know my limitations.
Posted by: Phoenix77

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 11/01/06 11:09 AM

Posted by: fiishawk

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 11/01/06 04:59 PM

Property is just stuff and it can be replaced.

You are right. But it's my stuff and I worked for it just like many of you.. Long hours in the mud and cold to let some tweaker get it for free.
Posted by: stlhdr1

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 11/01/06 10:51 PM

That's funny, I know the feel of violation... I got home last night a bit late and always enter through the garage. As I passed the hallway to my kitchen I noticed the front door ajar. I immediately grabbed the closest gun I knew was available (300 win mag.) and patrolled the house room by room. Fortunately there was nothing missing and figured I had probably left the door ajar for the cat but when it catches you off guard it's a pisser... Lucky I didn't find someone prowling in the house or they may have been painted everywhere... eek

Keith laugh
Posted by: fishhead5

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 11/02/06 01:13 PM

I heard Tom Saukamoto had his gas line cut, all the gas drained at Bethel Tuesday.
Posted by: Salmo g.

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 11/02/06 01:25 PM

FH5,

Right there on the road? That takes some time if they waited while it drained into a bucket so they could use it. Or did they just cut and drain it on the ground?

OK, don't park at Ben Howard or Sultan on the Sky.
Don't park at the mouth of the Toutle.
Don't park at Bethel on the Hump.

Guess that means I can park and fish the Skok, Chehalis, and Cowlitz without worrying about my car until I come back. And I'm such a peaceful guy. It's really gonna' cramp my style if I have to stick an Uzi in my fishing pack. No wonder all the signs at fishing accesses are shot full of holes. The tweakers were gone when the angler returned, and all they could do was shoot the signs. Ya' think?
Posted by: Jerry Garcia

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 11/02/06 03:13 PM

Tom is the kind of guy that will find the dweebs that did it and make them pay.
Posted by: fishhead5

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 11/02/06 05:39 PM

Salmo, don't know the details
Jerry, I hope so!!!!!!!
Posted by: fish4brains

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 03/26/19 09:18 PM

anymore comments on tweaker theft deterrents? how about removing idiots form the dark side?
Posted by: snit

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 03/27/19 05:04 PM

I sure miss Tim!
Posted by: WDFW X 1 = 0

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 03/28/19 11:43 AM

I just picked me up some more Tweeker repellent a couple days ago.
Pretty cool and creates quit a hole.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 03/28/19 11:51 AM

Originally Posted By: fish4brains
anymore comments on tweaker theft deterrents? how about removing idiots form the dark side?

How about just removing your downriggers when you are not on board. It may be a pain in the ass but it's less hassle then buying and installing new ones.All electronics are on removable brackets, certainly more effective then random rants about "Vigilante Justice". I wouldn't count on the police to help, they are just trying to not get shot in a traffic stop. Bob R
Posted by: DrifterWA

Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE - 03/28/19 01:27 PM

I've been retired since 1997...I base many things, between working years and after 1997….

It the period, after 1997 there were many items stole from lock rigs in Region 6. Windows broken out, canopy glass broken, to gain access to whatever was inside.

There was a period when "catalytic converters", were stolen while person was out fishing. Fuller Bridge, Hiway parking lot, Satsop West Fork boat...tough to catch the axxholes, because of cell phones.

There is no easy answer, and it seems even if caught, slap on the wrist and out the door.

If you think shooting someone, or at someone, isn't going to get YOU in big time trouble, think again. Even to "thump on someones body", could get you in trouble......might make you feel good but ?????

Of course I feel different now, age 78, than I did 30's and 40's.....can't fight, can't run, ….. I just talk loud, hope that would scare them off....lol