fishing backpacks?

Posted by: mreyns_tgl

fishing backpacks? - 09/24/07 07:51 PM

whats the best one? without a steep price.
Posted by: Knucklebustersonly

Re: fishing backpacks? - 09/24/07 08:20 PM

I just use cheap old ones I don't care much about anymore. Old school backpacks
Posted by: fish4brains

Re: fishing backpacks? - 09/24/07 08:26 PM

Filson. I got one of these last year and will never use anything else. It says flyfishing vest but I use it for everything. I barely even notice I'm wearing it. I think it was $160.

Posted by: r2fishn

Re: fishing backpacks? - 09/24/07 08:32 PM

I use a orvis sling bag about 50 bucks .not a bad setup for the money.
Posted by: Todd

Re: fishing backpacks? - 09/24/07 08:34 PM

Depends on what you mean by a steep price...I've seen some up to $300.00...

I use this one:

http://www.fishpondusa.com/shootingstar.cfm#

$179.00

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: B-RUN STEELY

Re: fishing backpacks? - 09/24/07 08:48 PM

I have this one. I use it more for a travel tackle box where I don't want to haul every freaking thing I own with me than actually wearing it on the water, but it would work great . Holds a ton of stuff, has boxes that fit already in it. Sweet

http://products.gloomis.com/gl/products/...D=1190681118644
Posted by: Chum Man

Re: fishing backpacks? - 09/24/07 09:14 PM

Originally Posted By: fish4brains
I got one of these last year and will never use anything else. It says flyfishing vest but I use it for everything. I barely even notice I'm wearing it. I think it was $160.

i've been really impressed by filson's quality in the past, and i think when i find myself with some disposable income this fall, that will be my next purchase. everything i own from them has been tough, comfortable, and an added perk is most of it is USA made.

i've got their fishing chest pack that i bought in the spring, used it for summer runs/fall salmon so far, and it works well -- the only downside which can get annoying(for a bait fisherman like me) is that it's tough to get at your bait box, as everything's right out in front of you. either have to move it out of the way, or wear your bait box on your side.
Posted by: superfly

Re: fishing backpacks? - 09/24/07 10:41 PM

I'm with Todd on this, love the Fish ponds.

Peace
Fly
Posted by: What

Re: fishing backpacks? - 09/24/07 11:06 PM

Have owned many packs but glad I finally found last year that William Joseph has the goods, especially their less expensive Watemark line of packs. I now have two of these, a smaller rear pack summer/fly style with the man boob attatchments and a larger backpack style with the pot belly attatchment. They are way comfortable and user friendly with optional hydration bladder. You can get em' at Sportsman's Warehouse, (or Cabelas for the smaller) for $50 - $70 respectively. They come in green, blue or if it's a must have... orange.

Good luck.
Posted by: thaxor

Re: fishing backpacks? - 09/25/07 01:13 AM

I like the external frame backpacks, coleman makes some inexpensive ones (sub 100), you can tie your catch to it which makes walking out with fish much easier

Although they're pretty big.
Posted by: ondarvr

Re: fishing backpacks? - 09/25/07 01:52 AM

I think I still have one of those, got it about 40 years ago when I was in Boyscouts.
Posted by: kevin lund

Re: fishing backpacks? - 09/25/07 02:03 AM

I've used a $10 K-mart fanny pack for years and it works great!
Posted by: cheapskate

Re: fishing backpacks? - 09/25/07 02:22 AM

Picked up a used school backpack at a garage sale this summer. Multiple pockets/compartments. Works great. The best 50 cents I've ever spent.
Posted by: CraigO

Re: fishing backpacks? - 09/25/07 09:51 AM

I'm wit Todd, those FishPonds are awesome. You can carry food, drinks and extra clothes and never have to take it off with the tackle up front.
Posted by: Nor Cal Drifter

Re: fishing backpacks? - 09/25/07 12:17 PM

another vote for Fishpond. They make great stuff. Have two of their hip/fanny packs and they are awesome.
Posted by: Castaway

Re: fishing backpacks? - 09/25/07 08:10 PM

Been wanting a fishpond for a long time and now that i bought a new pair of simms, i'm gettin that pack next!
Posted by: Achewter

Re: fishing backpacks? - 09/26/07 12:06 AM

Hey Stam
you ever tie a big ol hunk a Elk to that there pack of yours.
Always dreaded pulling those things out of the truck and headin back in without the guns. It would probably kill me now.
Posted by: STRIKE ZONE

Re: fishing backpacks? - 09/27/07 01:29 PM

I'm cheap when it comes to back packs for fishin.Costco Jansport back pack all the way.$20.00 and like said above they wash good and ya get one every year.Good luck,
STRIKE ZONE

Re: fishing backpacks? - 09/27/07 01:52 PM

Here's a pic of Rvrfshr in his WilliamJoseph pack from last week...

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: kalamageo

Re: fishing backpacks? - 01/23/20 02:00 PM

So

your first post is to dig up a 13 year old thread??

Welcome, you'll fit right in......................

geo

Re: fishing backpacks? - 01/23/20 03:10 PM

Originally Posted By: kalamageo
So

your first post is to dig up a 13 year old thread??

Welcome, you'll fit right in......................

geo

Give him a day or two til it's clear he's a foreign sales rep that sells $5 made in China fishing packs for $49 plus shipping.

rofl

Fish on...

Todd

Re: fishing backpacks? - 01/23/20 03:11 PM

Even better, I went and looked...they are $29 on Ali Baba lol
Posted by: SpoonFed

Re: fishing backpacks? - 01/23/20 04:08 PM

rofl
Posted by: The Moderator

Re: fishing backpacks? - 01/24/20 12:14 PM

Deleted the MFR!

IP address said he was out of Jersey. Not China. And, his registration name was legible...and not the usual dkdnsdsshan558 or some stupid crap like that.

Damn spammers/bots are almost impossible to screen. The Mods have to approve of *all* new registrations.

Sucks. Ass.

Any of you are encouraged to PM the Mods when you find these scum and we will nuke and BanHammer the crap out of them!
Posted by: salsinker

Re: fishing backpacks? - 02/09/20 07:45 PM

I got a White River brand on sale for $30. For that price I've learn to like it.
Posted by: Leopard Shark

Re: fishing backpacks? - 03/07/20 11:40 AM

TTT

I have been using the tactical packs as of late. I like the ability to attach stuffs and things they have. This pack is a Samurai - Hanzo pack. I have a flash light and safety knife on the front and on the side I have my GoPro mini pack and a single U.K. carp bank stick that I can use as a makeshift mono pod for the camera for stationary shots. This one is 30L and I use it for jetty/surf.