lyre river campground?

Posted by: old timer

lyre river campground? - 10/10/07 04:42 PM

Has it reopnend? if not is there anything similar in the area?
that is/was a nice place to camp.
Posted by: BadFish

Re: lyre river campground? - 10/10/07 06:48 PM

when did it close? I was just there Friday and there were people camping.
Posted by: old timer

Re: lyre river campground? - 10/10/07 07:21 PM

there is a DNR campground one side of the river and you cross the bridge for the private owned campground. hope it is the later you know of. I was on line and cant come up with a thing. please let me know.
Posted by: Neal M

Re: lyre river campground? - 10/10/07 07:24 PM

The lower campground used to be great! Then it was open every other day, then not at all, then every other day, then not at all. Not sure what the current status is, but it would be nice if they opened it again!
Posted by: TBird

Re: lyre river campground? - 10/10/07 07:25 PM

To the best of my knowledge, the private campground on W. Lyre river rd is pretty much indefinitely closed...

I might actually consider fishing the Lyre again if it were available to the public.. Right now, the only way to gain access to it, is to basically rent one of the owners rental houses... Not feasible with todays fuel prices and having to commute back and forth to PA

Posted by: mreyns_tgl

Re: lyre river campground? - 10/10/07 07:48 PM

i worked for the county parks this summer and the word was that we had purchased the property, but nothing had been official yet
Posted by: gilly

Re: lyre river campground? - 10/10/07 11:46 PM

Mreyns, we, as in you? or PA? It is a to bad that it is closed, that was a fun area to fish. T bird, so can you rent a house down their and fish the river? or get a campsite?

Matt
Posted by: Armblaster

Re: lyre river campground? - 10/11/07 12:54 AM

Did you say that Jim sold the Campground to the County? That is one of the nicest camp grounds around with a lot of fine memories there, it would be nice to see it back open, are Jim and Marcene still kicking or did the kids take over the Land? any info would be great.. Thanks
Posted by: mreyns_tgl

Re: lyre river campground? - 10/11/07 01:28 AM

gilly the county, and thats all i know
Posted by: TBird

Re: lyre river campground? - 10/11/07 02:00 AM

Matt, As long as you are renting one of the houses that Jim owns (I believe they are managed by Properties by landmark in PA) and I believe there are two or three of them, you are entitled to fish, but not allowed to bring in outsiders... I believe if they bring friends down with them, it is a direct violation and breech of contract/lease...

Mark, I'll hit ya back tomorrow \:\) Just got your voicemail!
Posted by: gilly

Re: lyre river campground? - 10/11/07 08:34 AM

Tbird, thanks, now that could be fun for a little weekend fishing hear in about a month.

Matt