First timer...

Posted by: Saundu

First timer... - 03/25/08 02:03 AM

Hey.. first time poster here..just sayn hello lettn yall know that I first opened this site about two weeks ago.have since been readin daily.and I am excited about sharing and learning on this site..have been fishn the Skagit, Stilly, Puget Sound, Neah Bay, Samish Bay and have just booked (my first) a guided trip next month to Forks ..possibly the Bogachiel..just bought a drift boat and have seen lots of posts concerning the Sauk..lookn to make some contacts around the Skagit Co area ..I live in Stanwood. Haven't yet hooked a Steelhead using drift gear other than on a spoon..i feel I am doing most things right ...just haven't got the gear in front of the right fish...tried the Stilly approximately 5 times for steelhead (used my drift boat) below the forks pulled out at I -5/ Anyone catch any steelhead on the Stilly this season? just curious ... well thanks again..I have the ability/option to call in sick and be on the river...rather quickly..
Thx again...
Posted by: Sky-Guy

Re: First timer... - 03/25/08 02:06 AM

Welcome Saundu...Who'd you book a trip with?

The Stilly put out some fish this year, not for me though \:\(
Posted by: Jerry Garcia

Re: First timer... - 03/25/08 08:44 AM

Welcome
Posted by: ParaLeaks

Re: First timer... - 03/25/08 09:18 AM

Welcome!
Just curious...What's the significance of the name?
Posted by: fishhog

Re: First timer... - 03/25/08 03:04 PM

Welcome. There's a few "locals" taht hit the Skag & Sauk. ColeyG, KaiserD, Todd, Thrasher & myself. I'm sure there are others too.
Posted by: laterun

Re: First timer... - 03/25/08 04:21 PM

Welcome,good luck
Posted by: Irie

Re: First timer... - 03/25/08 04:30 PM

Welcome

Re: First timer... - 03/25/08 08:49 PM

Hey..Slab Happy..since you ask..the significance of my name is ..it is a nickname given to me by softball & poker playn pals..my last name is Saunders..anyone play poker...?

Actually my friend booked the Forks trip on or around 4/12...and I will be along for the ride..but I believe his name is mentioned here in this website..will get back to ya on that one..hopefully have a good trip report..but a report nonetheless..

Re: First timer... - 03/25/08 11:12 PM

Hey Sky Guy.....
Out of all the quotes I've read..'luck favors the prepared' is the best..whered u get it..?
Posted by: fish4brains

Re: First timer... - 03/26/08 12:11 AM

greetings
Posted by: jandlfishingguide

Re: First timer... - 03/26/08 01:09 AM

Welcome to the Best Board on the Net.