Johnny's "SALMON SEASONING"

Posted by: eyeFISH

Johnny's "SALMON SEASONING" - 07/03/08 11:27 PM

Picked some up the other day when I was looking for Johnny's "SALAD ELEGANCE" to make up a batch of those famous Achewter Bloody Mary's.

A BIG thumbs up for the salmon seasoning! FishNg1, did you have a hand in selecting the secret blend of spices in this stuff? Very nice blend without being overpowering.

Sprinkled it on my last piece of fresh king belly for dinner tonight. Lightly pan-seared to medium rare and served with toasted garlic bread as I type. MMM, MMM, good... nice way to kick off my 4th of July weekend!

Now, where did I leave that darned Bloody Mary?
Posted by: Bucket/Good Sport

Re: Johnny's "SALMON SEASONING" - 07/03/08 11:46 PM

How about ypou pass along that there bloody mary recipe. PLEASE!

Re: Johnny's "SALMON SEASONING" - 07/03/08 11:55 PM

Ice....
Vodka...
A generous dribble of DiMitrio's "Bartender's Choice" B.M.M....
Wee small dollop of horseradish...
Fill to the top with Clamato....
Dash of Johnny's Salad Elegance....
Squeeze a wedge of fresh lime...
Stir....
Serve with a stalk of fresh celery or a spiced pickled green bean.

HEAVEN!

Probably the most important thing I learned during the making of the 2007 KeenEye Kronikles.
Posted by: Dan S.

Re: Johnny's "SALMON SEASONING" - 07/04/08 12:51 AM

Clamato kicks any Bloody Mary into high gear.

Momma's milk. rofl
Posted by: FishNg1

Re: Johnny's "SALMON SEASONING" - 07/04/08 02:09 AM

Nah, I just catch the salmon for them to experiment on. wink

Steve
Posted by: Bucket/Good Sport

Re: Johnny's "SALMON SEASONING" - 07/04/08 10:51 AM

I now have a mission----thanks Doc!
Posted by: HntnFsh

Re: Johnny's "SALMON SEASONING" - 07/04/08 10:57 AM

The seafood seasoning is excellent as well.

And I dont eat a steak without Johnny's seasoning salt.
Posted by: Eric

Re: Johnny's "SALMON SEASONING" - 07/04/08 11:05 AM

Didn't know there was a salmon seasoning. I am an absolute Johnnies Seasoning Salt junkie......now I've got to make a special trip to the store so I can use it tonight.

Thanks alot! laugh
Posted by: Irie

Re: Johnny's "SALMON SEASONING" - 07/04/08 12:13 PM

Johnny's has 2 restaurants I know of: Johnny's at Fife, which is bland truck stop fare catering to old fat people, and then there's Johnny's Dock, down on Foss waterway, which is mainly Surf & Turf and done quite well actually. Either place is good to sample their sauces & dressings. Across the waterway from The Dock is a Johnny's Store that sells ALL their stuff as well as frozen seafood if I remember correctly.
Posted by: Eric

Re: Johnny's "SALMON SEASONING" - 07/04/08 12:38 PM

This is different than Johnnie's Seafood Seasoning, correct?
Posted by: donno

Re: Johnny's "SALMON SEASONING" - 07/04/08 04:45 PM

I like their Jamaica Me Crazy seasoned pepper better on salmon than their salmon seasoning. It's the one with the pink lid. FM is it good.

Re: Johnny's "SALMON SEASONING" - 07/04/08 04:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Eric
This is different than Johnnie's Seafood Seasoning, correct?

Yes. I picked mine up at Aberdeen Swanson's off of Simpson.
Posted by: Brewer

Re: Johnny's "SALMON SEASONING" - 07/04/08 06:16 PM

uh yes the jamaica me crazy seasoning and quarters at my brothers house. takes me back to how brewer lost my virginity. she was a tall gal, likes to inflict pain. thats when she got the tabasco. never has brewer known burn since. that was just the bloody Shawn as she called it.
Posted by: floatinghat

Re: Johnny's "SALMON SEASONING" - 07/04/08 07:20 PM

Put in the Clamato and it becomes a Caesar which does kick butt. Back in the day before kids and wife I was well practiced in the consumption of said beverage.
Posted by: FishNg1

Re: Johnny's "SALMON SEASONING" - 07/04/08 07:26 PM

Just for the record "Johnny's Seafood company" is not affiliated with Johnny's Dock Restaurant, but the seasoning is ours!

I would know.....been working here for 35 plus years.

Go to "Johnnysfinefoods.com and check out my recipes using our seasonings as well as marinades. I especially like our "Jamaica mistake" marinade for fish as well as chicken and beef.

Steve
Executive Chef....Johnny's Dock Restaurant
Posted by: lovetofish365

Re: Johnny's "SALMON SEASONING" - 07/04/08 09:38 PM

Steve...you are the BOMB...does not matter what you cook...mmm..mmm...goood....c
Posted by: Haliman

Re: Johnny's "SALMON SEASONING" - 07/05/08 09:27 PM

I've been using Johnny's seasoning for years, about a year ago I switched to Costco Seafood seasoning, it's to die for, ya all should give it a try.....I just finished my left over 4th bar-b-q'd salmon and it was um um good.

I can hardly wait for area 10 to open.....
Posted by: STRIKE ZONE

Re: Johnny's "SALMON SEASONING" - 07/07/08 03:56 PM

Johnny's "SALMON SEASONING" is great been using it now for a couple years.Good luck,
STRIKE ZONE