Finally a little beach action

Posted by: TBJ

Finally a little beach action - 09/28/08 05:48 PM

With beach fishing running just short of a bust this year I have put very little time in lately. After watching Ole Miss beat up on my Gators yesterday I decided today to get out to get the dog some exercise and throw a hootchie/spinner for a while with very low expectations. To my suprise I was able to entice this little beauty to inhale my offering. -TBJ
Posted by: bpm2000

Re: Finally a little beach action - 09/28/08 06:57 PM

nice - I take it that it must have hit very close to shore? I cant seem to fling those hootchie/spinner combos very far so I usually skip over them for buzz bombs or something heavier - might have to give those a try again!

Still trying for my first off the beach myself.
Posted by: Neal M

Re: Finally a little beach action - 09/28/08 07:47 PM

Nice one!
Posted by: tjcarroll

Re: Finally a little beach action - 09/28/08 09:51 PM

Way to go T. thumbs
Posted by: Steelheadman

Re: Finally a little beach action - 09/28/08 11:19 PM

That's a nice coho. Have only seen one jumper on our beach. Hit a cutthroat before dark and lost it.
Posted by: Dogfish

Re: Finally a little beach action - 09/28/08 11:36 PM

I was hoping for a thong. frown
Posted by: stonefish

Re: Finally a little beach action - 09/29/08 11:08 AM

Nice fish Tom
Posted by: Jeff D

Re: Finally a little beach action - 09/29/08 11:17 AM

An area 9 coho off the beach is reason to celebrate this season! Nice work landing such a pretty fish. My son and I (he's 7) fished Saturday's high tide and he was throwing the hootchie spinner. Some fish around, but I think they were Chum moving through - pourposing just out of casting distance.

Not one fish off the beach on Saturday's evening high tide at Bush Pt. that I saw.

Jeff
Posted by: STRIKE ZONE

Re: Finally a little beach action - 09/29/08 02:25 PM

Nice ho.good luck,
STRIKE ZONE