Stolen Boat Recovered

Posted by: gw

Stolen Boat Recovered - 08/18/09 09:06 PM

Albany Policy recovered the Boat. They took it a few blocks from the house, stripped it of some stuff including the kicker and just left it on the side of the road.

Posted by: Saundu

Re: Stolen Boat 8/18/09 Please at least look at photo - 08/18/09 09:12 PM

wtf ....sorry dude....a friend of mine found his stolen kicker on craigs list the same day it was stolen....good luck
Posted by: kevin lund

Re: Stolen Boat 8/18/09 Please at least look at photo - 08/18/09 09:25 PM

That really sucks. I know a ton of people in the Albany area. I will circulate this to them via email asap. Hope you get it all back.
Posted by: stlhdr1

Re: Stolen Boat 8/18/09 Please at least look at photo - 08/18/09 09:26 PM

Bummer... Hope it shows up!

Keith foul
Posted by: Twitch

Re: Stolen Boat 8/18/09 Please at least look at photo - 08/18/09 09:30 PM

Its Barbarosa time!

This was (is!) a cool little sled. Perfect small water rally wagon, and gw put a lot of work into getting it set up just how he wanted it.

Unbelieveable, this just pisses me off...
Posted by: Dave Vedder

Re: Stolen Boat 8/18/09 Please at least look at photo - 08/18/09 10:33 PM

That sucks so hard. Sorry. Had insurance?

Re: Stolen Boat 8/18/09 Please at least look at photo - 08/18/09 11:00 PM

Yeah, it should all be covered. I'll call them tomorrow and see how bad they want to hose me.
Posted by: Salmo g.

Re: Stolen Boat 8/18/09 Please at least look at photo - 08/19/09 12:28 AM

Gw,

Sorry for your loss man. Makes me sick. I'm in the process of replacing my stolen kicker. $500 deductable. I'm a pacifist, but it makes me want to kill.

Sg
Posted by: thaxor

Re: Stolen Boat 8/18/09 Please at least look at photo - 08/19/09 03:12 AM

That sucks, did you have a trailer lock on it?
Posted by: snit

Re: Stolen Boat 8/18/09 Please at least look at photo - 08/19/09 11:06 AM

El sucko!!! My buddy had (2) T-8's jacked this weekend off of both of his sleds!!!! AZZ-hats!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by: STRIKE ZONE

Re: Stolen Boat 8/18/09 Please at least look at photo - 08/19/09 11:15 AM

That's so freakin weak.Hopefully they find it all in one place.Good luck,
STRIKE ZONE
Posted by: tyeeterror

Re: Stolen Boat 8/18/09 Please at least look at photo - 08/19/09 12:01 PM

Sorry to hear it, hopefully she will turn up all in one piece
Posted by: bonkit

Re: Stolen Boat 8/18/09 Please at least look at photo - 08/19/09 12:21 PM

sorry man, I had a downrigger stolen and felt like [censored], I can't imagine how pissed you are...
Posted by: slabhunter

Re: Stolen Boat 8/18/09 Please at least look at photo - 08/19/09 03:54 PM

That sucks!

Be sure to contact the motor manufacturer. They might be able to red flag them based on the serial numbers. If your motors are brought in for service at another dealership?

Re: Stolen Boat 8/18/09 Please at least look at photo - 08/20/09 10:42 AM

Albany Policy recovered the Boat. They took it a few blocks from the house, stripped it of some stuff including the kicker and just left it on the side of the road.
Posted by: RDJ

Re: Stolen Boat Recovered - 08/20/09 10:49 AM

Great to hear that you got your hull back. Now let your insurance do its thing and get back on the water..I would be in a blind rage if I came home and found one of my boats missing..I feel for any of you guys that have had to deal with this, people can really suck sometimes..RJ in Montana
Posted by: Coho

Re: Stolen Boat Recovered - 08/20/09 11:28 AM

Sweet! Good on the Albany police for recovering your boat
Posted by: Salmo g.

Re: Stolen Boat Recovered - 08/20/09 12:18 PM

Glad you got most of it back. I hope you're floating and running right again soon.

Sg
Posted by: Castingpearls

Re: Stolen Boat Recovered - 08/20/09 12:25 PM

I was thinking about your situation and I am so glad that you got your boat back. I actually thought I had come up with the million dollar idea... Alarm systems for boats and motors. Well, it's already been done. A quick Google search will show dozens of systems available.

If my boat were stored anywhere but inside my garage like a carport or in my driveway, I would seriously look at installing a security system.

Most of the time, a guy's boat or motor is stolen right on their property during the night by some tweaker. An alarm system would work great IMO.

The only potential problem I see is cats and such but, well after the first few nights, they would leave your boat alone too.
Posted by: FishNg1

Re: Stolen Boat Recovered - 08/20/09 05:25 PM

Great news, nice little boat that I am sure you can put back together for some of your favorite fishing. I look out the bathroom window every night to see if I still have motors on my two boats.

Steve