Team eyeFISH year in review... Saltwater Safaris

Posted by: eyeFISH

Team eyeFISH year in review... Saltwater Safaris - 11/14/09 03:12 PM

With the gloomy dreary season upon us, it's much easier to reflect on brighter days gone by. Thought I'd launch my year end retrospective with this series of pics. More to come as the day rolls on.

Got a niece that needs some attitude adjustment.

And clams to dig.

AND clean.

Later.

See ya in a few f4b

Re: Team eyeFISH year in review... Saltwater Safaris - 11/14/09 03:13 PM

A big shout out to Achewter for donating the digs for the weekend on the E-Tec's first real multi-day Saltwater Safari of the season.

Gotta love that Snow Creek Resort.

Thanks for comin' out to join Team eyeFISH, stamly. Always entertaining to go fishing with a legend!

The inaugural pseudo-safari for the season actually took place in my own back yard at Westport. Was anxious to see what 4 blades of stainless steel could do in the big blue pond, so I hitched up the F/V eyeFISH and brought my neighbor flyingfish and LMWS for the maiden run on a Sunday afternoon. Tried a spot in close to no avail, and ended up about 9 miles out before we found a pod of willing biters. Never had to leave a 1/4 mi patch to keep the rods busy. LMWS's Seducer outfished the goods deployed on the two other rods by a WIDE margin.

Best discovery of the day was that the E-Tec was capable of propelling the black barge of death back home at a cool 28 knots without getting my passengers wet! YEE HAW!

A big shout out to Eric Martin (Twitch) for providing one of the key elements to a very wildly effective series of artificial creations rigged hangback style to floss the willing biters we encountered all season long.

LMWS fished her namesake Seducer for virtually the entire season, and I sure had my fair share of coho and chinook action trolling "Martin's Nightmare" on the cleanup rod.

ddd
Posted by: tjcarroll

Re: Team eyeFISH year in review... Saltwater Safaris - 11/14/09 03:31 PM

Wow, there's some color.

Good Luck at the beach Doc and family.
Posted by: Somethingsmellsf

Re: Team eyeFISH year in review... Saltwater Safaris - 11/14/09 05:14 PM

Nice show of gear, are those flashers shaped like a V?

I once had a niece that needed some extra attention, but she didn't like the attention she got! She has really straightened her act up.

Fishy

Re: Team eyeFISH year in review... Saltwater Safaris - 11/14/09 09:42 PM

Those flashers should carry a warning, "Look but don't touch"

Yes, they look fantastic... very tempting to both fisherman AND fish... but they hide a dirty little secret. fp knows EXACTLY what I'm talking about, as do a couple of the guests who joined Team eyeFISH this past season.

Those flashers have helped me put several hundred pounds of chrome in the box over the years, but as of now, they have all been officially retired.

OK I might be convinced to send one to boater for a Christmas gift. evil
Posted by: boater

Re: Team eyeFISH year in review... Saltwater Safaris - 11/14/09 10:24 PM

nice pic`s, gotta love those "mixed stock" fisherys applause
Posted by: Tillanook

Re: Team eyeFISH year in review... Saltwater Safaris - 11/14/09 11:15 PM

If you had boys would your flashers and divers be covered with green and blue?
Posted by: ColeyG

Re: Team eyeFISH year in review... Saltwater Safaris - 11/14/09 11:18 PM

Wicked bonker!

Nice Stam as well.
Posted by: ParaLeaks

Re: Team eyeFISH year in review... Saltwater Safaris - 11/15/09 10:26 AM

Always a joy, Doc!
Posted by: Twitch

Re: Team eyeFISH year in review... Saltwater Safaris - 11/15/09 11:36 PM

Hareline Dubbin's Baitfish Emulator = Good chit! thumbs
Posted by: summerrun

Re: Team eyeFISH year in review... Saltwater Safaris - 11/16/09 12:35 AM

Ya Doc, look but dont touch at least if ur running 40lb+:) Great pics as always, damn fun summer/fall this year but already missin that sunshine a bit.