R.I.P Sol ...Solfly Memorial Tournament

Posted by: superfly

R.I.P Sol ...Solfly Memorial Tournament - 08/03/11 11:24 AM

So Here it is, The Final solfly event ! The Sol memorial King Tourney, this event is to raise money for Tim's two surviving daughters. It will be on Saturday October 1st on the Humptulips River. There will be no cash prizes, all entry fee ticket money collected will be given to the Wallis Girls for there future education. I will be sending out e-mails asking for donated Prizes. In these hard economic times I am thinking of making the tourney fee fairly cheap so it is accesible to everyone, the only thing is I want to raise as much money as possible for Kiana and Danya. Any suggestions or donations will gladly be accepted. I am trying to secure a place for an after the tourney BBQ / Potluck or something like that. I have a friend with an awesome place on the river that I am talking with currently to try and use as our BBQ / party place. If anyone would like to help or has any ideas please feel free to e-mail me at superflysfishing@hotmail.com or please feel free to call me at 360-888-7772. This will be the last Solfly event and its purpose has never been so important. Please come and join us in Tim's memory !

Thanks so much

Joe ...........aka Superfly
Posted by: Bucket/Good Sport

Re: R.I.P Sol ...Solfly Memorial Tournament - 08/03/11 12:24 PM

Good work Fly. I'll be out of town but I'll figure out a way to help.
Posted by: Addicted

Re: R.I.P Sol ...Solfly Memorial Tournament - 08/03/11 01:17 PM

cool. Good thinking dude. Kiana was over last week and went to camp with my daughter. She is a great kid and I can tell ya this....anybody who could get her a Starbucks gift card would be her new best friend cuz that kid loves her Starbucks foo foo drinks. This will be an awesome day on Oct 1.
Posted by: STRIKE ZONE

Re: R.I.P Sol ...Solfly Memorial Tournament - 08/03/11 02:01 PM

Cool event.Will try and make it.Good luck,
SZ

Re: R.I.P Sol ...Solfly Memorial Tournament - 08/03/11 03:12 PM

Trying
To. Post from these phones is a joke! More to come tonight when I get home......
Thanks fly
Posted by: Dave Vedder

Re: R.I.P Sol ...Solfly Memorial Tournament - 08/03/11 05:48 PM

I hereby commit to the donation of one $100 Starbuck card for Kiana. To be awarded with the prize money collected.

I can't be there as I will be up north. But I will get the card to Fly ASAP. BTW many of us will be up north that weekend. So be it. You can never find a date that will suit everyone.
Posted by: Todd

Re: R.I.P Sol ...Solfly Memorial Tournament - 08/03/11 07:05 PM

I'll be in northern BC at the time, too, Joe...but as always, you can count on me for some donated prizes.

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: SaltyDawg27

Re: R.I.P Sol ...Solfly Memorial Tournament - 08/03/11 07:51 PM

what happened to Sol?
Posted by: fishenfool

Re: R.I.P Sol ...Solfly Memorial Tournament - 08/03/11 08:08 PM

Joe, can you post an address to send a check or gift card for the kids/// Where do they like to buy their school close from or I may
have to go up that way and fish the bay
Posted by: Driftfishnw

Re: R.I.P Sol ...Solfly Memorial Tournament - 08/03/11 08:17 PM

Out of town on that date.

Will send donation.
Posted by: Mystical Legends

Re: R.I.P Sol ...Solfly Memorial Tournament - 08/03/11 08:21 PM

Joe, not sure what I can do at this point but will do something to help one way or another.

Dave, Good stuff!
Posted by: RowVsWade

Re: R.I.P Sol ...Solfly Memorial Tournament - 08/03/11 08:41 PM

I'll be in one way or another....if I can't attend I'll be sending whatever I can to help out to the best of my ability.

I'll work on finding a boat to fish'outta'...with absolutely no illusions as to catching.

Re: R.I.P Sol ...Solfly Memorial Tournament - 08/03/11 10:40 PM

For any of you who don't already know, Sol aka Tim Wallis took his own life in April. I am just trying to help out in any way that I can because I believe he would be doing the same for my family.............

Anyways as for all of you that will be up north, cool ! I just wanted to make sure this event did not get blown out by high water this time and usaully the water is low and clear or maybe if it is like last year on this day it will be awesome.

I will have more and more information everyday so please check back regularly.............

As for donation info I will have that posted as soon as I work out the details with Renee and Jill.

Thanks for all the interest and lets make this last SolFly event the best ever in the name of Tim's surviving daughters.............

I really appreciate all the good vibes so far and all the willingness to pitch in............

Thanks
Superfly

Re: R.I.P Sol ...Solfly Memorial Tournament - 08/03/11 10:42 PM

Anyone looking for boats to get in, let me know I will coordinate people with boats and people looking to get into boats.

Peace
Fly
Posted by: fishhog

Re: R.I.P Sol ...Solfly Memorial Tournament - 08/04/11 12:46 AM

Joe - Never met Tim, but wanna help. Put me down for a victorinox 10" or 12" (your choice) Cimeter fillet knife with a Blade Tamer sheath.

Use it as a prize or maybe auction it off and give the $$$ to the girls. Your call.

Shoot me an email where to send it too: mark@fullnerfoodservice.com

Re: R.I.P Sol ...Solfly Memorial Tournament - 08/04/11 01:01 AM

Jake,
I need your help designing the shirts off of the original solfly artwork and just adding to it and updating it, thats what you can do my friend.........
Just saying !!!

Call me when you can and fishog, thanks a bunch !! We will auction it most likely.

Here is the address you can send it to:
Joe Superfisky
702 W. Marcy
Montesano Wa. 98563

Thanks again
Fly
Posted by: Achewter

Re: R.I.P Sol ...Solfly Memorial Tournament - 08/04/11 04:56 AM

Im in. Let me know what I can do.
Posted by: Bantam

Re: R.I.P Sol ...Solfly Memorial Tournament - 08/04/11 09:20 AM

I'm in! I'll be out that way for the Tuna gig, maybe not to fish in tourny but the BBQ!
Posted by: HookedUp

Re: R.I.P Sol ...Solfly Memorial Tournament - 08/05/11 12:27 AM

I cant say that I have many friends on this board, I hope I can change that...but I was there in 07...It was raining, the tourney didnt kick off, but it was one of the best trips to the coast Ive ever had. Good luck guys and an RIP to Tim, he had a magnetic personality for sure. I will send something or try to make it, as best I can.

Respectfully,
Kevin

Re: R.I.P Sol ...Solfly Memorial Tournament - 08/05/11 03:28 AM

Kevin,
Thanks and thats the spirit, its all about the comradrie ( I know its spelled wrong) the friendships, the connections ect............If everyone who knew Sol or read his rants came out or at least sent a little something it would make this an amazing event and really help the girls out. I know the hardships first hand during these times, but when we all band together amazing things can happen and I am looking forward to that. If you make it please come and introduce yourself to me !

Thanks
Joe

Re: R.I.P Sol ...Solfly Memorial Tournament - 08/05/11 03:29 AM

to anyone who is a business owner or has sponsered any of these events in the past I will be sending you a e-mail asking you for your sponsorship or a donation. I will not be pushy but please think of the cause..........
Thanks so Much in advance !!!!

Superfly
Posted by: snit

Re: R.I.P Sol ...Solfly Memorial Tournament - 08/05/11 02:01 PM

Joe, not sure if I can make it but something will be in the mail.
Posted by: FishRanger

Re: R.I.P Sol ...Solfly Memorial Tournament - 08/05/11 03:53 PM

Kev, looks like I will be down there. . . .get it on yer calender. . . .

Coincidence? ? I am wearing that shirt today. . . .. . . . . . .
Posted by: Tug2

Re: R.I.P Sol ...Solfly Memorial Tournament - 08/05/11 10:25 PM

It's on my calendar. Has the potential to be great. This is NOT about the fishing, people. Be there for the post function, at least. Once again Joe steps out front to lead for a good cause; sometimes for fish, this time for people.
Posted by: talljeeper

Re: R.I.P Sol ...Solfly Memorial Tournament - 08/07/11 02:51 PM

Hey Joe, what a great idea. Have you given any thought to connecting with the girls Mom or other family or loved ones and maybe setting up a trust with a local bank or credit union? Also establishing a Paypal account may pursuade more folks to make a monetary donation if they can't make the tourney.

Please let me know how I can help......
Posted by: Idaho Mike

Re: R.I.P Sol ...Solfly Memorial Tournament - 08/08/11 12:19 AM

Fly, I have Uniden VHF Radio; maybe a couple of years old, but never been used and still in the box. I will donate it for a door prize if you want it. I doubt I can make the tourney, but will send a cash donation once you get an address set up.
Posted by: Jerry Garcia

Re: R.I.P Sol ...Solfly Memorial Tournament - 08/08/11 05:41 PM

I'm having a knee replacement Sept 6, so I may be healed enough to make it.

SOLFLY MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT REVISED .............. - 08/08/11 05:47 PM

To All, I thought we had this all figured out but a wrench got thrown in the works........There is a wedding on oct 1st involving the Wallis family so we have to change the date to the following Saturday which is October 8th..............sorry everyone but hopeflly some of you that will have been up north fishing will be home and can participate in the event. Like I said I am trying to get all the details together and will hopefully have it all dialed in over the next few days. Like I said before if there is anyone who would like to help, be a sponsor or volunteer there boat and time please get a hold of me. Also thanks to Mark for the first donation, 2 awesome knives to be auctioned off ! you rule man, thanks alot.

Thanks so much
Superfly
Posted by: Todd

Re: SOLFLY MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT REVISED .............. - 08/08/11 05:55 PM

Still gonna be in BC, but I'll still help out before I go...

Fish on...

Todd

Re: R.I.P Sol ...Solfly Memorial Tournament - 08/08/11 06:02 PM

Hey all you guys on Page 4, Thanks alot ! we are currewntly working on a trust that will be set up where donations can be made online and through Paypal...............

The function following is going to be great, all the family will be there to meet everyone who is attending !

Thanks so much and like I said I am working on all the details now and will let you all know as soon as I do..............

Thanks again
Fly
Posted by: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D

Re: SOLFLY MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT REVISED .............. - 08/08/11 06:03 PM

I'm hoping to make it. It is for a great cause and the PP peoples make for great entertainment!

Good on ya, Fly, for making this all happen!

thumbs

Re: R.I.P Sol ...Solfly Memorial Tournament - 08/09/11 11:33 AM

Hey People,
I am just amazed at the outpouring of doantions of goods for the tourney so far ! Fishog stepped up first with two awesome knives and now I sent out a e-mail last night and the folks from ESPN 710, Rainshadow, Pautzke, Tony from Top pot and Sports radio 950 are already on board and comitting to sending goods for the auction and prizes and air time ! good on you guys, thanks for everything so far ! this will be great !!

Peace
Fly
Posted by: Sol's sister

Re: SOLFLY MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT REVISED .............. - 08/09/11 11:47 PM

Joe, just signed on as a new piscatorial pursuit user so I could post and thank you for taking the lead on the Solfly Memorial Tourney. It is awesome to see everyone's support and look forward to the tourney.
Jill (Sol's sister)
Posted by: cowlitzkiller

Re: SOLFLY MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT REVISED .............. - 08/09/11 11:52 PM

Looking forward to this event, for a great cause.

Re: SOLFLY MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT REVISED .............. - 08/10/11 03:27 AM

Jill, Welcome............and thanks, just doing my part, I believe Tim would have done the same for my family !!

I will talk with you tomorrow about some more details...........

Thanks and lets make it the best

Peace
Fly
Posted by: Winterun

Re: SOLFLY MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT REVISED .............. - 08/10/11 12:04 PM

Super!

I'll be headed out of town for a show, but I'll try and put something together for a raffle donation!

Joe

Re: SOLFLY MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT REVISED .............. - 08/10/11 11:36 PM

I know you will Joe,
e-mail me the logo that you want on the ad, Everyone who donates gets some love !!!

Peace
Fly

Re: SOLFLY MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT REVISED .............. - 08/11/11 01:18 PM

Casey Kelley at Pautzke just sent a huge batch of stuff to give away as prizes and auction off ! Thanks Alot Casey !!!!!!!

Peace
Fly
Posted by: white beard 34

Re: SOLFLY MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT REVISED .............. - 08/12/11 02:03 AM

I am still pertty new to this site and havent met any of you unless it was on the river and didnt realize it. As a father to four girls i couldnt imagine them without me or me without them my heart goes out to the girls and thier family. i have never fished the hump and dont have a boat but iam in. Good on you superfly for doing this for them!

Re: SOLFLY MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT REVISED .............. - 08/13/11 01:21 AM

Here is some cool news, The Wallis family will all be out here to fish and help with the event. Tim's dad is bringing all of his rods, reels and tackle to auction off. I think this will help alot of us with some closure and move on and help the girls out with money for there future education.
It keeps getting better by the day..........................

I sure hope everyone can attend !!

Peace
Fly
Posted by: FishinSinsation

Re: SOLFLY MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT REVISED .............. - 08/14/11 11:32 AM

Hey Joe, I'll be down there the first week of October, let me know if you need help with anything
Posted by: Brewer

Re: SOLFLY MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT REVISED .............. - 08/14/11 01:44 PM

will there be any hotdogs?
Posted by: steely slammer

Re: SOLFLY MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT REVISED .............. - 08/14/11 04:36 PM

Joe where is all the after fishing stuff going to take place at???????

Re: SOLFLY MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT REVISED .............. - 08/15/11 01:35 AM

Still working on the final destination for the post6 event party.....Will have it nailed down by wednesday I hope.
Casey, would love to have your help, I also know there is a bunch of guys looking for boat rides as well. Also Leon from 2 rivers guide service is donating his services for that day, he will be tagging along with me so if anyone would like to hook up with him and ride in his boat for a donation I can arrange that.

Peace
Fly

Re: SOLFLY MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT REVISED .............. - 08/17/11 10:07 AM

I have a few guys stepping up and volunteering rides for the day and or donating any monies they recieve for there services to the cause so any of you who need a ride get a hold of me and I will send you there direction.

Thanks
Joe
Posted by: Neal M

Re: SOLFLY MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT REVISED .............. - 08/25/11 11:35 PM

I will be there if not out of town for work. In for a donation for sure. Fly, could we start a new thread with the latest info in the front so people don't have to search for the important info? Nice work man.
Neal

Re: SOLFLY MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT REVISED .............. - 08/25/11 11:40 PM

Ok all, here is some new and updated information: first item on the agenda is a friend of mine who lives on the river has donated his place for the after tourney event BBQ and silent auction. the address and directions will be availible to everyone when they buy there tourney tickets on Friday the 7th or saturday the 8th. I am very greatful for Him stepping up and providing us with a great place to end the event.

The next item to talk about is Three rivers marine and Lamiglas have both stepped up with awesome donations which will be used for prizes or auction items. I also want to thanks mike from northbend for the donantion as well.

The final item is Tee Shirts, Sol's sister has taken the lead on this. She found some of his old artwork and Her along with Sol's Mom are putting the design together and me and my wife are helping a little bit with ideas, its going to be a great piece of wearable art. What I am looking for is some kind of a number to help me figure out how many of what sizes so we can try and get it close so we are short on shirts or hoodies....

Thats all for now

Peace
Fly

Re: SOLFLY MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT REVISED .............. - 08/26/11 10:09 PM

Fly

Can we buy the shirt even if we can't attend?

Re: SOLFLY MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT REVISED .............. - 08/27/11 12:18 AM

Yes you can Dave, we will be making arrangements for that.

Thanks
Joe
Posted by: Driftfishnw

Re: SOLFLY MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT REVISED .............. - 08/27/11 02:10 AM

Joe, I'll take one of each...

Size Xlarge
Posted by: Katmai Guy

Re: SOLFLY MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT REVISED .............. - 08/29/11 01:25 AM

Fly, I'm in for one of each also. Size-XL, please.

Re: SOLFLY MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT REVISED .............. - 08/29/11 11:29 PM

Ok...........here is a question for all of you sponsors, We have had such an outpouring of goodwill it is unbelievable. I said early on that I wanted to put everyones logo on the shirt as my way of saying thanks, the only issue is now I have so many people that have chipped in that the shirt would look like a bassmaster classic shirt with all the logo's on it and personally I hate Nascar and am not super fond of the glitter boats and [censored] like that so I am asking all of you if I can just put the shirts out with no logo's on them ????? please let me know, I do not want to take away from the original art that Sol's Mom and sisiter are putting together.

Thanks
Fly
Posted by: Katmai Guy

Re: SOLFLY MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT REVISED .............. - 08/31/11 11:28 PM

Fly, if anybody donated just to get their logo on the shirt, they're doing it for the wrong reason. This is your gig to do the way you think it should be done. Just my $.02
Posted by: Idaho Mike

Re: SOLFLY MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT REVISED .............. - 09/01/11 01:18 AM

Fly, I would limit the number of sponsors on the Ts and sweat shirt to a handful of the major contributors. To ensure that all of the businesses who have donated to the cause recieve recognition you might want to consider getting a banner made with all the logos on it and displaying it at wherever headquarters is for the Tourney on the river and then take it to the barbeque for display. Banners are not too expensive and that way everyone gets credit and the handful of big time sponsors get the extra marketing on the T and sweat shirts, without turning them into bass shirts.

I wouldn't worry about individual contributors; just companies with logos.

Good luck.

Mike

Re: SOLFLY MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT REVISED .............. - 09/01/11 11:59 AM

Joe count me in for 2 shirts!

Joe Q

Re: SOLFLY MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT REVISED .............. - 09/01/11 07:05 PM

Joe Q............

What does Gammi want to contribute ??????

Let me know

Thanks
fly
Posted by: Batson

Re: SOLFLY MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT REVISED .............. - 09/01/11 07:09 PM

I just finished wrapping these Up for Solfly Joe!

IST1144F Spin
Rainshadow Salmon Steelhead

Component Part Number Part Description
Rod Blank Model # IST1144F-M 9' 6" 2pc Med 10-17lb Salmon/Steelhead
Butt Cap: EVABC20 EVA Butt Cap 19.8 mm
Reel Seat: GSTG17C-TC Textured Gray Graphite Spin Reel Seat Thread down!
Reel Seat Shim: SHIM/17/SPIN Proof Board .590" OD 3.70" Length
Reel seat to rear grip trim: TRS17-B
Fore Grip: FG35A-250 3.5" Foregrip Grade 'A' .250" ID
Rear Grip: RGS12A-350 12" Cork Rear Grip Straight 'A'
Winding Check: AWCCO483 or 492-B
Hookeeper: BHKS Small TiCH Hook Keeper
Tip Top BPLT08FR05.5
Guides (see below for size and quantity) XPBFLG
Guides (see below for size and quantity) XBYTLG
Guides (see below for size and quantity) XPBVDTLG30

Guide order from the tip top Guide Guide Placement - In inches from the tip top
1st XPBFLG07 4.25"
2nd XPBFLG07 9.25"
3nd XPBFLG07 15.25"
4rd XBYTLG07 22.25"
5th XBYTLG08 30.125"
6th XBYTLG10 38.25"
7th XBYTLG16 48.5"
8th XBYTLG25 61"
9th XPBVDTLG30 76.75"

IST1264F
Rainshadow Salmon Steelhead

Component Part Number Part Description
Rod Blank Model # IST1264F-M 10' 6" 2pc Med 10-17lb Salmon/Steelhead
Butt Cap: EVABC20 EVA Butt Cap 19.8 mm
Reel Seat Body: GTB16C-14.0 Graphite Trigger Blank Exposed w/cush R/S -
Reel Seat Hood: GTT16C-SN-B Hood w/cush Single Nut -Black
Fore Grip: FG35A-250
Reel seat to fore grip trim: TRS16-B
Reel seat to rear grip trim: TRC-B
Rear Grip: RG14A-350 13.75" Cork Rear Grip 'A'
Winding Check: AWCCO522-B Lt TitCar Plated Winding Check .525" I.D.
Hookeeper: BHKS Small Black Hook Keeper
Tip Top BPLT08F05.0 SS316-RRD-P Top 07 TiCH Ring 5.0 Tube - TICH w/o Chrome
Guides (see below for size and quantity) XPBFLG
Guides (see below for size and quantity) XBLXNLG
Guides (see below for size and quantity) XBMXNLG

Guide order from the tip top Guide Guide Placement - In inches from the tip top
1st XPBFLG07 4.25"
2nd XPBFLG07 9"
3rd XPBFLG07 14.25"
4th XPBFLG07 20.25"
5th XPBFLG07 27"
6th XBLXNLG08 34.5"
7th XBLXNLG10 43"
8th XBMXNLG10 52.5"
9th XBMXNLG10 62.75"
10th XBMXNLG12 73.75"
11th XBMXNLG16 85.75"
Posted by: RowVsWade

Re: SOLFLY MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT REVISED .............. - 09/01/11 07:49 PM

I'll take an hoody and 2 shirts size XL.

Re: SOLFLY MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT REVISED .............. - 09/06/11 11:55 AM

I'm in for a hoody & T-shirt XL.Cool stuff.Good luck,
SZ
Posted by: D3Smartie

Re: SOLFLY MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT REVISED .............. - 09/06/11 12:03 PM

Joe, count me in for an XL sweatshirt and t-shirt.
Posted by: Neal M

Re: SOLFLY MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT REVISED .............. - 09/06/11 06:55 PM

Count me in for a hoody and T-shirt. Both Large.

Re: SOLFLY MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT REVISED .............. - 09/06/11 08:18 PM

Me Hoody and T shirt ex large
Posted by: FishRanger

Re: SOLFLY MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT REVISED .............. - 09/07/11 01:42 AM

Hoody XL
Posted by: Achewter

Re: SOLFLY MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT REVISED .............. - 09/07/11 03:28 AM

how many Xs you recon you can come buy
Posted by: The Moderator

Re: SOLFLY MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT REVISED .............. - 09/07/11 03:02 PM

I'm putting this up for Superfly.

Here's the logo:

Here's what is on the sleeve:

Re: SOLFLY MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT REVISED .............. - 09/07/11 03:07 PM

Cool stuff.Can't wait to donate @ the event.Good luck,
SZ
Posted by: steely slammer

Re: SOLFLY MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT REVISED .............. - 09/07/11 04:36 PM

im in for a 3xl hoody

Re: SOLFLY MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT REVISED .............. - 09/07/11 07:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Achewter
how many Xs you recon you can come buy

rofl

Re: SOLFLY MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT REVISED .............. - 09/08/11 01:31 AM

I sent you the wrong one for the front breast, I will resend it to you know parker.

It goes on the front left breast.

Peace
Fly

Re: SOLFLY MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT REVISED .............. - 09/08/11 01:58 AM

Joe Q...........what sizen your shirts and what is Gammie going to donate ???????????????????????????//

Peace
Fly

Re: SOLFLY MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT REVISED .............. - 09/08/11 11:13 AM

Fixed that for you, Joe. The graphics are now correct.

Re: SOLFLY MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT REVISED .............. - 09/08/11 02:13 PM

Originally Posted By: superfly
Joe Q...........what sizen your shirts and what is Gammie going to donate ???????????????????????????//

Peace
Fly

Super!

Sent an email to Jill about the t-shirts and sweatshirts. I'll send you an email with what the care package from Gamakatsu contains!

Joe

Re: SOLFLY MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT REVISED .............. - 09/09/11 12:39 AM

Sounds good Joe..............

Thanks
Fly

Re: SOLFLY MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT REVISED .............. - 09/09/11 01:01 AM

Thanks for posting the shirt front and back logo's Joe!
Everyone,
I'm taking orders for Dark Gray and Black tee-shirts. S, M, L, and XL are $20, XXL is $22 - this is the Derby Price (pick your shirt up Saturday, October 8th). Orders that require shipping and/or Pay Pal are $25 and $27 (XXL). The tee-shirt brand is Port Authority, good quality.

Black hooded sweatshirts are $30 Derby price and $35 (if shipped). S, M, L, XL, XXL.

I am checking into XXXL tee's and hoodies.

Please send requests for orders to jill_mercer@comcast.net

Sol's sister sends...

Re: SOLFLY MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT REVISED .............. - 09/09/11 01:24 AM

Failed to post this notification. Based on several inquiries, a benevolent account has been set up at Wells Fargo Bank for Sol's girls. For those who are unable to make the October 8th Memorial Derby or...your tee-shirt drawer is jammed and requires a one-in, one-out, an option is to make a donation in memory of Sol that will benefit Kiana and Danya. The name of the Wells Fargo account is:

“Kiana Wallis and Danya Wallis, Children of Tim (Sol) Wallis"
No account number required.

drop me an e mail if you have any questions jill_mercer@comcast.net

Sol's sister sends

Re: SOLFLY MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT REVISED .............. - 09/09/11 06:49 PM

Add $4 if you would like a XXXL tee or hoodie.

Sol's sister sends

Re: SOLFLY MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT REVISED .............. - 09/10/11 08:12 PM

****** PLEASE READ AND IF YOU CAN HELP LET ME KNOW ******

****Preperations for the event after the derby****

anyone interested in helping out or donating for the festivities after the derby please let me know. This is what I need and this is what I have so far.
1. We are going to serve BBQ Salmon along with Hamburgers and cheeseburgers. I need help with purchasing the Burgers, buns, Cheese and Condiments. I am supplying the fresh salmon.

2. We will need some side dishes to go along with this, I was thinking of Baked beans and a green salad.

3. We will need water and soda's , if you wish to drink please bring your own alchohol........What I am suggesting is we drink what Sol liked to drink. I know he loved Pendelto, we drank way to much together way to many times. I know heloved good Vodka's like me, we drank way to much Stoli, Skyy, and absolut on many occassions. I also know that he loved it when I brought gallon jugs of premaid up batches of long island Iced Teas along in the boat when we were fishing so in his honor lets try and drink his fav's if we are going to drink.

4. We will need plenty of paper plates, bowls, plastic wear and napkins and paper towels. We will also need a box of contractor bags for the clean up.

5. My wife has volunteered to cook, but if anyone else wants to help her out that would be awesome. Tony from Top pot coffee is donating the Coffee and doughnuts that will be there at the registartion on Saturday the 8th. I need to get one of those wall less tents to cover the registration booth and coffee and doughnuts so if there is anyone out there with one they could loan us that would be awesome. Also a small generator would be useful too being that registration will start well before daylight.

6. If anyone else has any ideas or wants to help please contact mevia e-mail or pm or by phone. It takes more then me to make this happen and to make it great it take a great bunch of people which I know are on this board.

Thanks Alot !!
Joe
Posted by: GBL

Re: SOLFLY MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT REVISED .............. - 09/12/11 10:22 PM

Superfly-
I will donate same as last time if you need it, sounds like you are getting lots of stuff. Just let me know and save a t-shirt and hoodie for me, XL.

Re: SOLFLY MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT REVISED .............. - 09/12/11 11:55 PM

Joe, I'll pickup all the costco plates, utensils and red cups, contractor garbage bags. I will also make a VAT of kick ass Buck Beans (notable awards).

Sol's sister sends.
Posted by: Steelheadman

Re: SOLFLY MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT REVISED .............. - 09/14/11 09:00 AM

Joe,

A couple of questions:

1. Where exactly do we register for the tourney?

2. What is the tourney fee? What payment you accept for the tourney fee cash, check, etc.?

3. Anybody have open seats? I haven't received a response from the PM I sent you last week.

4. Is there any bank fishing available in case we can't find a seat?

See you on October 8th,

Jeff

Re: SOLFLY MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT REVISED .............. - 09/15/11 01:03 PM

A couple of questions: Here are the answers my friend...

1. Where exactly do we register for the tourney?
Registration will be friday night & saturday at the humptulips store which is at about Mile post 111 on HWY 101

2. What is the tourney fee? What payment you accept for the tourney fee cash, check, etc.?3
The tourney fee is 20.00 per angler, any form of payment is acceptable except goat rubels.

3. Anybody have open seats? I haven't received a response from the PM I sent you last week.
I have a spot for you in Chris Wilson's boat, a guide and a friend of mine who lives right up the street from me. Dont worry I will bless him with a few jars of my eggs so you will catch plenty of fish.

4. Is there any bank fishing available in case we can't find a seat?
yes there is bank fishing, but you are covered !

Hopefully that answers lots of questions for people.
Thanks
Joe

Re: SOLFLY MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT REVISED .............. - 09/30/11 08:41 AM

Anybody looking for a seat? PM me if interested. Looking for one extra person. Will need to bring gear and bait.
Posted by: cowlitzkiller

Re: SOLFLY MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT REVISED .............. - 10/04/11 03:44 AM

I still have a Open seat for Sat. any body want in, shoot me a message or call my cell..

Re: SOLFLY MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT REVISED .............. - 10/05/11 12:21 AM

GBL.............I dropped the ball !!!!!!

I would like the same either to auction off or give to the winner, I know you probably cant get a cert. here in time, but I will give you the name of the winner or top bidder !!!!

Thanks for your genorocity !!!!!

Fly

Re: SOLFLY MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT REVISED .............. - 10/05/11 12:49 AM

Everyone throw in your own folding or camp chairs, there will be none availible so please bring your own for the party and BBQ ...........

Peace
Fly
Posted by: Irie

Re: R.I.P Sol ...Solfly Memorial Tournament - 10/05/11 12:18 PM

Holy Crap! Tim was a good guy. I'll send what I can.

Where and what time's the BBQ?

I'd like to try and make it if at all possible.
Posted by: GBL

Re: SOLFLY MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT REVISED .............. - 10/05/11 01:12 PM

Superfly--
Check your e-mail, someone will be jerking heads with us next year!
Steelhead, Sockeye, Coho it is all good!

Re: SOLFLY MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT REVISED .............. - 10/06/11 02:33 AM

Thanks a million man................You rule !!!!!!

Peace
Fly
Posted by: FishinSinsation

Re: SOLFLY MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT REVISED .............. - 10/06/11 07:34 PM

Where's the after party? We're days away?

Re: R.I.P Sol ...Solfly Memorial Tournament - 10/06/11 10:34 PM

I'm going to pick up a tub of potato salad and coleslaw. Will throw in some utensils, paper plates, paper towels. Also should grab some folding chairs.

Re: R.I.P Sol ...Solfly Memorial Tournament - 10/07/11 08:27 PM

Casey,
call me............. and I will tell you............

Thanks
Fly
Posted by: GutZ

Re: R.I.P Sol ...Solfly Memorial Tournament - 10/08/11 03:59 PM

I hope you are all having a great time.

Re: R.I.P Sol ...Solfly Memorial Tournament - 10/09/11 08:50 AM

When I get off of the water today I will tell all !

Peace
Fly

Re: R.I.P Sol ...Solfly Memorial Tournament - 10/09/11 07:11 PM

Thanks to all who participated in and attended the Solfly Memorial Tournament! We had a great time on the water and met a bunch of cool people at the BBQ afterwards!

Thanks to all who contributed items to be awarded for the tournament.

Since the rules were a bit lax, we decided to auction off all the prizes for the SolFly, rather than handing them out at the end of the day. Seemed like the better thing to do.

With that, I've taken over the responsibility for this auction. With Bob's permission, I'll hopefully be able to put up a SolFly Auction Post sometime later this month with all the items up for auction and will figure out a way for people to silently bid on items. I'll handle all the logistics.

For those that offered up a prize/donation and have yet to contact or deliver it to Joe, please contact me directly at elparquito@gmail.com or PM me on the board. I've got all (or should have all) of the items received so far and will be going back through the posts to see who said they were going to donate and to make sure their item is with me, etc.

For that just feel like donating directly, I will be using a paypal account. Again, email me or PM me for that account. And yes....whatever goes IN the PayPal account will also go OUT the paypal account to the Wallis Family. wink

As I said, I'll put this together later in the month. Look for a post and hopefully you all will bid on items for Tim's girls. All proceeds from this auction will go to the Wallis girls. Got some great stuff in there, including some rods by Rainshadow, GLoomis with a Curado 200E 5 reel!, Lamiglass Fenwick, a long box I haven't opened yet, Folbe rod holders, marine VHF radio, portable BBQ, and I've even heard rumors that the winner of the SolFly is going to put up his GBL trip for the auction!!!

PS. Thanks a million to Joe and Karry! You two are awesome and seriously fun to fish with! laugh

Re: R.I.P Sol ...Solfly Memorial Tournament - 10/09/11 08:21 PM

Warning: Slight spoiler photo...... wink

Team Rainshadow did OK yesterday.

Let's just say Tim would have wanted it this way wink

Good to fish with you yesterday, Tim! I know you were up there laughing your ass off at our "shinanigans" on the river. rofl
Posted by: Benwa13

Re: R.I.P Sol ...Solfly Memorial Tournament - 10/09/11 09:20 PM

nice work out there guys..It was a great event!

Peace~
Posted by: Mooch

Re: R.I.P Sol ...Solfly Memorial Tournament - 10/09/11 09:34 PM

Thanks again to Joe, his family, friends and all the others responsible for organizing Tim's memorial. And also to those who provided the awesome vittles, insane BBQ chicken and warm hospitality.

Congrats Parker on the winning fish and thanks also for the continued PP efforts on behalf of Tim's family.

It was good to finally meet you, Big Joe, Little Joe, Karry, Richard and the rest of the merry PP pranksters.

I also appreciate the heartfelt words from Joe, who spoke for all of us at the BBQ and for many others who were not.
Tim will be missed and we all wish he was still here.

Just as I told Tim while he was with us that I was praying for him, I shall continue to do so for Tim's family and friends. Of course that used to irritate him to no end, but what brothers don't. smile
The way I see it: Brothers care about brothers and fuss or fight we are still part of a big family.

God bless each and everyone and may He use these unfortunate circumstances to bring us closer to Him and each other.

Re: R.I.P Sol ...Solfly Memorial Tournament - 10/11/11 01:17 AM

I want to thank everyone who participated in the SolFly Memorial Tourney this weekend. A special thanks to Joe and Dawn for their over-the-top contribution and effort in this great event and to Gary for their hospitality for the BBQ and over night guests! We enjoyed meeting everyone and hearing stories of good times with Tim.

There were a number of pre-orders for SolFly shirts that I was not able to meet/provide to those who ordered. For those listed below, please send me an e mail at jill_mercer@comcast.net if you are still interested in receiving your order.

Thanks so much, Jill & entire Wallis family.

SteelySlammer, 1 hoodie XXXL
D3Smartie, 1 hoodie XL and 1 XL t-shirt
Driftfishnw, 1 hoodie XL and 1 XL t-shirt
Fishranger, 1 hoodie XL
StrikeZone, 1 hoodie XL and 1 XL t-shirt
RowvsWade, 1 hoodie XL, and 2 XL t-shirts
NealM, 1 hoodie Large, and 1 Large t-shirt
KatmaiGuy, 1 hoodie XL, and 1 XL t-shirt

Peace and cheers, Sol's sister sends.

Re: R.I.P Sol ...Solfly Memorial Tournament - 10/11/11 01:03 PM

Sorry I missed the event.

Big props to Joe and his family for the crazy amount of work that goes into something like this.

Also, thumbs to Parker for not only catching the big fish and winning the trip up to AK but then deciding to auction off said trip to benefit Tim's family. That is a classy move.

-AP
Posted by: hybridcx

Re: R.I.P Sol ...Solfly Memorial Tournament - 10/11/11 06:35 PM

Sounds like it was a good turn out and look forward to more pics. And to auction off the trip is deff. Class act

Re: SOLFLY MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT REVISED .............. - 10/11/11 10:11 PM

I'm glad I had the opportunity to make this event. Met some great new folks and caught up with some old friends.

Mooch and Sol's sister already said it best.

Joe thanks for putting this together.

Tim....Thanks for getting us all together!

Winterun

Re: SOLFLY MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT REVISED .............. - 10/12/11 01:07 AM

Thanks to Fly, Jill, and Renee for putting SolFlyII together. I really believe Tim's spirit was with us and his legacy will live on.

Here's a couple of pics. Here's a pic of me with the 21.5 lb fresh Chinook. Good net job by Fly. I thought they were going to steal the fish like they used to do at the Snoopy Rod Classic. Leon netted Graybeard's Chinook shortly after in our boat. We had a good time fishing.

Re: SOLFLY MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT REVISED .............. - 10/12/11 01:28 AM

Hey Everyone, I just want to thank all of you for helping because without all of the donations and help this never happens. I want to list some folks here who made it all possible sponsorship wise and if I miss you its not intentional, I had a severe concussion 14 days ago and am still trying to recover, so here it goes..........
A special thanks to : Glacier Bear Lodge, Fishog, Pautzke Bait, Rainshadow, 3 Rivers marine, Lamiglas, Vision Hooks & Tackle,Mike from North Bend, Goldstar, Casey ( fishinsensation) Randy aka Big Daddy,Tony Dunningham, Action Guide service, Leon at 2 rivers guide service, Ben Rosenbach ( fishing guide ) Gamakatsu, The outdoorline 710, Sports radio 950 am, George Cook ( Reddington) Gary Hulet, Property owner.Bucks BBQ and the USMC, When it absolutely has to be destroyed overnight ! Frank, R2Bfishing for the badass fenwick ! Shi.it I know I am forgetting something, anyways thanks alot..............
Also a special thanks to Jill and Renee, for putting up with my emotional ass through this whole ordeal and thanks for handling the shirts, BTW there are a few sponsors out there that want them so I will get with you guys to help pay for that. To Tim's Girls, thanks for dealing with all of us and I hope this helps you understand what a presence your dad was in our world ! and to Mel & Jane Wallis, thanks for attending and allowing all of us to share with you our love for Tim.............I do apologize for not being able to finish what I wanted to say, I had lots more, I just really miss my friend and from the bottom of my heart I want to thank all of you ! I feel as if I can finally start to move on now.

Peace
Fly
Posted by: white beard 34

Re: SOLFLY MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT REVISED .............. - 10/13/11 01:15 AM

Thank you Leon for donating your time and float for the cause. Met some great people this last weekend. Good times!