A Short Retrospective of the fall salmon season...

Posted by: superfly

A Short Retrospective of the fall salmon season... - 12/13/11 04:22 AM

I just wanted to share a short and quick retrospective of My fall Salmon season...........
First off I want to say thanks to all the other guides that joined with me in trying to get along better and communicate better with one another to aviod some of the unnessecary BS that can go on when a small river gets packed with fish and people. Granted there will always be some sort of issues but it was not with the vetrans this year. I sure got tired of hearing the few stories of guys saying who are you and where are you from, cracked me up, it was all the rookies and youngsters playing that game. The one that I was involved with hilarious, dude, rookie says to me, " who are you and where are you from " The peanut gallery of about 30 other fisherman say to him, " if you don't know who he is then you have never fished here rookie" I did not have to say much..........after my boat landed and killed the final King we rowed by and I asked him who he was and where he was from and I got nothing, well being that my guys had caught and released a good 20 fish before killing there limit and the rookie had one he did not have much to say.
Anyways a good year all in all and now just waiting for some rain so we can continue on our late Coho harvest...................

Here are a few pics, please enjoy

Peace
Fly

Posted by: Benwa13

Re: A Short Retrospective of the fall salmon season... - 12/13/11 10:20 AM

It has been a great year on the hump.. def have put the hurt on em fishing with you.. Sundays tri fecta was over the top good times!
Peace~
Posted by: Jerry Garcia

Re: A Short Retrospective of the fall salmon season... - 12/13/11 10:37 AM

I need to see a copy of your birth certificate Fly
Posted by: DrifterWA

Re: A Short Retrospective of the fall salmon season... - 12/13/11 10:56 AM

Looks like lot's of "wild kings".......maybe the run size is on the rebound?????

Re: A Short Retrospective of the fall salmon season... - 12/13/11 11:21 AM

Drifter, interesting you should say that, I probably hooked and landed more Kings than anyone over there this year and the only clipped fish we caught were the smaller 3 year olds that came early in the run. Not sure why we did not catch any clipped 4 year olds but I thought it was kind of strange myself. I would like to know why myself, did they not clip them or did that componet of the run completely fail ?

JG, My birth certificate reads 12/5/1964...Providence Hospital, Seattle Wa.........yes I am a true Wa. Nate, adipose and all !!!!!

Peace
Fly
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: A Short Retrospective of the fall salmon season... - 12/13/11 11:31 AM

Looks like a great season...

One of these days I'd definately like to get out there with you...
Posted by: snit

Re: A Short Retrospective of the fall salmon season... - 12/13/11 11:35 AM

I like the pic with the bottom of the drifter littered with fish! That says it all! Nice job Joe!!!!!!!!
Posted by: STRIKE ZONE

Re: A Short Retrospective of the fall salmon season... - 12/13/11 12:21 PM

Nice job.Looks like ya had a blue diamond plate willie glued to your ass this season.Just sayin.Good luck,
SZ
Posted by: Mystical Legends

Re: A Short Retrospective of the fall salmon season... - 12/13/11 01:34 PM

twas a decent year..not great. Nice pics Joe!

Re: A Short Retrospective of the fall salmon season... - 12/13/11 02:00 PM

it was the strangest thing Bernie........it was like that boat was my shadow, where ever I went it would soon show up..........strange huh....

Just sayin.................

Peace
Fly
Posted by: Mystical Legends

Re: A Short Retrospective of the fall salmon season... - 12/13/11 02:03 PM

Originally Posted By: superfly
it was the strangest thing Bernie........it was like that boat was my shadow, where ever I went it would soon show up..........strange huh....

Just sayin.................

Peace
Fly

I can attest to that!....

Just saying....

Get to tying man!
Posted by: seastrike

Re: A Short Retrospective of the fall salmon season... - 12/13/11 02:53 PM

Any chance the azzhole guide was in a red boat? I had an interesting conversation with him at helo.
Besides that one guy we had a blast this fall over there.
My kiddo has kind of hit his stride with the fishing. Dad doesn't need to do much but get him there and suggest a method. Brent loves the Hump because it produces well for him.
And Fly, thanks for hospitality on the river this season! It was great to finally witness the FLY EXPERIENCE this year. It is nice to see a guy that has been guiding for so long have so much fun on the river.

Re: A Short Retrospective of the fall salmon season... - 12/13/11 04:18 PM

The Red Boat , Was it a Claka Craft ? if so that guy is an incompetent asshole and his name is Jim Babbcock and he is a totally incompetent fisherman as well as a total jackass on the river........I had a guy fighting a 37 pounder and as I was getting ready to net it he could not wait like everyone else in the red bluff and he goes rowing by me and directly over the fish freaking it out and taking another run and taking another 5 minutes to get it close again........if he would have lost that fish because of that schmuck you would have heard about the "old fly " making an appearance and probably being arrested.........anyways I love it and it was a great year !!!!

Peace
Fly
Posted by: gooybob

Re: A Short Retrospective of the fall salmon season... - 12/13/11 04:54 PM

Slabatizing!
Posted by: sykofish

Re: A Short Retrospective of the fall salmon season... - 12/13/11 05:51 PM

Lookin good Joe. thumbs

I need to get up there.

Re: A Short Retrospective of the fall salmon season... - 12/13/11 06:06 PM

yeah you do Rusty !
Posted by: Twitch

Re: A Short Retrospective of the fall salmon season... - 12/13/11 06:41 PM

The Red Boat , Was it a Claka Craft ? if so that guy is an incompetent asshole and his name is Jim Babbcock and he is a totally incompetent fisherman as well as a total jackass on the river........I had a guy fighting a 37 pounder and as I was getting ready to net it he could not wait like everyone else in the red bluff and he goes rowing by me and directly over the fish freaking it out and taking another run and taking another 5 minutes to get it close again........if he would have lost that fish because of that schmuck you would have heard about the "old fly " making an appearance and probably being arrested.........anyways I love it and it was a great year !!!!

Peace
Fly

There is a big thread on ifish about this guy rofl
Posted by: FASTWATER

Re: A Short Retrospective of the fall salmon season... - 12/13/11 08:02 PM

The old Fly I remember that guy!!!PEACE
Posted by: Jon Lawrence

Re: A Short Retrospective of the fall salmon season... - 12/13/11 11:21 PM

I had a red clack run into my boat this year... Next year Joe, sink his boat!
Posted by: Direct-Drive

Re: A Short Retrospective of the fall salmon season... - 12/13/11 11:32 PM

Peace
Fly

Good stuff, Fly !

Originally Posted By: Twitch
There is a big thread on ifish about this guy rofl

When handed lemons make lemonade.....open up on 'em with the spudguns smile

http://www.ifish.net/board/showthread.php?t=386346&highlight=guide+on+humptulips

Re: A Short Retrospective of the fall salmon season... - 12/14/11 01:56 PM

If dude is around next year we or at I will nip that [censored] in the bud, [censored] it I will cut the damn bud off so he dosent cause any of us anymore problems............

Peace
Fly
Posted by: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D

Re: A Short Retrospective of the fall salmon season... - 12/14/11 02:01 PM

Slabs. Lots of serious slabs.

thumbs
Posted by: Driftfishnw

Re: A Short Retrospective of the fall salmon season... - 12/18/11 07:16 AM

Is this the same dude, Fly?

http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/spo/2752301795.html

Pretty sweet native steelhead pic in his ad...
Posted by: Jerry Garcia

Re: A Short Retrospective of the fall salmon season... - 12/18/11 10:36 AM

no name for his guide service?
Posted by: fish4brains

Re: A Short Retrospective of the fall salmon season... - 12/18/11 01:35 PM

J&L?
Posted by: seastrike

Re: A Short Retrospective of the fall salmon season... - 12/18/11 01:58 PM

Originally Posted By: fish4brains
J&L?

Now that's funny.

Nope my azzhole had a red metal boat. I don't remember manufacture. He said he was from Lakewood.
Posted by: Direct-Drive

Re: A Short Retrospective of the fall salmon season... - 12/18/11 02:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Driftfishnw
Is this the same dude, Fly?

http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/spo/2752301795.html

Pretty sweet native steelhead pic in his ad...

He's got a couple of added stickers just forward of the Clackacraft logo.
Look at the pic in the Ifish link.

Oh yeah, can't believe even a dipwad would handle nates like that.
Posted by: Nick Berto

Re: A Short Retrospective of the fall salmon season... - 12/20/11 05:39 PM

applause bow applause