Question anent lure called Rotator

Posted by: Phoenix77

Question anent lure called Rotator - 09/08/12 01:39 PM

Do any of you guys.gals know hat a Coho lure, I hear mostly used for beach fishing: Made in Sequim, WA, and dubbed the Rotator looks like or have a photo?
Posted by: Jermz

Re: Question anent lure called Rotator - 09/08/12 02:40 PM

Here ya go, click the link.

Rotator jig
Posted by: tommyhydro

Re: Question anent lure called Rotator - 09/08/12 03:10 PM

looks kinda like a "buzz bomb"
Posted by: Phoenix77

Re: Question anent lure called Rotator - 09/08/12 04:51 PM

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply.
Posted by: Dave Vedder

Re: Question anent lure called Rotator - 09/08/12 07:20 PM

The ad says -works like a Buzz Bomb". Why not buy from the inventor? Get a Buzz Bomb.
Posted by: No More Ice Fishin

Re: Question anent lure called Rotator - 09/09/12 10:38 PM

I spent the better part of last week on Whidbey with out of state relatives. We stayed at a place right on the water on the west side and spent most mornings and evenings chucking metal off the beach.

Anyway, I had to take several folks to the Ace hardware in Freeland to pick up licenses. Apparently the rotators were in such demand at Ace that they'd only sell one per customer. We picked up a couple. The package actually says Ace on the outside, even though it had the rotator name on it, too.

They worked. Can't say better than a Buzz Bomb, although they seem a little thinner profiled with a better flutter on the drop. Plus only $3.99 at Ace compared to a couple bucks more for the BB.

I had my best luck on a glow-green 3/4 oz Little Cleo. Overall, good times. My wife had a fun battle with a nice king, and my brother-in-law's first fish of his life ended up being a Whidbey silver hooked on his 15th cast or so. After that, he was the last man casting each evening. Fun to see a newbie catch the bug.