Humptulips?

Posted by: Odiewon

Humptulips? - 12/12/13 05:41 PM

Any decent fishing on the Humptulips this time of the year?
Posted by: STRIKE ZONE

Re: Humptulips? - 12/12/13 06:39 PM

Check the hatchery plants for winter steel head. Good luck,

SZ
Posted by: fishnbear

Re: Humptulips? - 12/12/13 07:31 PM

Its pretty slow, these last few years, its doesn't have the biggest hatchery plant, the state keeps cutting it back, the bogey does pretty well in Dec
Posted by: Moravec

Re: Humptulips? - 12/12/13 10:02 PM

Should be some Steelhead kickin' around the hatchery! Late Coho returns have been lame.
Posted by: eyeFISH

Re: Humptulips? - 12/12/13 10:11 PM

Just heard from a VERY discouraged guide who's been fishing it for years. Said he cancelled all his recent December dates.

Re: Humptulips? - 12/12/13 10:45 PM

Wow! Doesn't sound too promising. My son and I are heading up to Forks next month on our annual 3 day steelhead trip. He likes to get out one time prior to get his oars wet and tune up his skills with his driftboat before we hit the Bogey, Hoh and possibly Sol Duc. Though sounds like the Sol Duc is a no-go for hatchery fish anymore. Guess we should think of somewhere else. I live 20 minutes from the Cowlitz (Bluecreek), but it's running too fast for any driftboat action right now.
Posted by: Met'lheadMatt

Re: Humptulips? - 12/12/13 11:16 PM

Really, that bad, wow, I guess the 13 Crome Ho's 1 nice brite king and 10lb hatchery Steelie from the other day, must have cleaned out the system. Guess I will have to look north for our next adventure
Posted by: fishhead5

Re: Humptulips? - 12/12/13 11:42 PM

WTF Doc I heard it was red hot and putting out some nice piggy hatchery fish...you trying to mislead some poor souls???? wink
Posted by: Fishyfeller

Re: Humptulips? - 12/13/13 12:35 AM

lol are the ones saying it sucks trying to keep people away and the ones saying its good trying to distract people from their rivers?

Re: Humptulips? - 12/13/13 12:47 AM

Hmmmm that is the question, but it was good, and this time of year, there is no distracting, they all will become crowded

Re: Humptulips? - 12/13/13 10:09 AM

Yeah....probably a little of both from some. But thanks for the info, fellow fishermen. We might just have to give it a whirl and form our own opinion. Tight lines all!

Re: Humptulips? - 12/13/13 01:56 PM

Is there a vehicle shuttle service available on the Humptulips?
Posted by: Mergantroider

Re: Humptulips? - 12/13/13 03:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Odiewon
Is there a vehicle shuttle service available on the Humptulips?

yep. very reliable. runs the fish house on the nooch. Rocky. not sure his number but I know you can look it up or someone will have it on here. Most of the guides use him.

Re: Humptulips? - 12/13/13 03:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Met'lheadMatt
Really, that bad, wow, I guess the 13 Crome Ho's 1 nice brite king and 10lb hatchery Steelie from the other day, must have cleaned out the system. Guess I will have to look north for our next adventure

bahahhaha. riiighhhttt.

granted. you can catch chrome kings into December and some years are really good. steelhead. fish it ...find out smile some big fish in that river. late cohos were marginal this year.

Re: Humptulips? - 12/13/13 06:38 PM

Thanks, Merg...anyone on here happen to have Rocky's number?
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Humptulips? - 12/13/13 07:57 PM

Thanks, Merg...anyone on here happen to have Rocky's number?

Haven't used in a while but last time was
360-249-0573

Re: Humptulips? - 12/13/13 11:47 PM

Thanks, bf, I'll give him a call tomorrow to make sure. Will confirm on this site for other's info.
Posted by: deerlick

Re: Humptulips? - 12/13/13 11:51 PM

The number is correct

Re: Humptulips? - 12/14/13 04:35 AM

Merg, it is true, even Casey at rivers west has been putting the hurt to them. But when youv'e been fishin those waters for 30 plus years ya know where to look, not just the mighty Merg catches fish. But that being said, you do put the spank to some fish.
Posted by: fisnin fool

Re: Humptulips? - 12/15/13 05:10 PM

K

Re: Humptulips? - 12/15/13 09:28 PM

Yeah and I know exactly what Casey is using and how long he has been REALLY using it smile
Posted by: fishnbear

Re: Humptulips? - 12/17/13 07:44 PM

if you fish that river or any river as hard as Casey does, you'll get paid more than most. Hes got a good network working for him too.....

Re: Humptulips? - 12/18/13 12:03 PM

So....is there any significant tidal effect on the Humptulips? If so, what's best for drift boat fishing? Outgoing or incoming?
Posted by: steely slammer

Re: Humptulips? - 12/18/13 01:25 PM

why don't you just take a trip up to the Hump and take a look around for yourself.. look and see where the people are at and go from there...

Re: Humptulips? - 12/18/13 03:06 PM

REALLY????? SS.....I intend to do just that. But since it's a 4 hour round trip I thought I'd have the driftboat with me and really make a day of it. So sorry my queries for some advance info got under your skin. You have a really nice day!
Posted by: Slab

Re: Humptulips? - 12/18/13 04:34 PM

REALLY????? SS.....I intend to do just that. But since it's a 4 hour round trip I thought I'd have the driftboat with me and really make a day of it. So sorry my queries for some advance info got under your skin. You have a really nice day!

Use the search fuction do a little investigation, look at other sites, nobody is going to hand you a silver platter full of info. Most importantly don't wine unless you bring the cheese.
Posted by: Moravec

Re: Humptulips? - 12/18/13 07:41 PM

Don't worry about the tides, the two main drifts are well above reach of tide, and even if the flood pushes fresh fish in... you will run into em eventually smile The little bit of rain pushed in some fresh Steelies & Coho's. Remember that after December 1 Wild Coho must be released.