Who fished the extension?

Posted by: fp

Who fished the extension? - 04/20/14 12:09 PM

We made it down for the last day on the big krik.

Lost the first 2 bites.

The next 3 bites made the trip home with us.

Pretty nasty weather but final results were well worth it for Dan, Dave and myself. A great day!

fp
Posted by: eyeFISH

Re: Who fished the extension? - 04/20/14 01:12 PM

No love for me from the Big Krik.

Good friends made up for it.
Posted by: ondarvr

Re: Who fished the extension? - 04/20/14 01:53 PM

Happened to be my only trip down, we went 7-7 to the boat, 3 wild, 4 clipped.

The weather was all over the place, from sun to pouring rain and back rather quickly sometimes.

We had a Rotten Captain on the tiller handle.
Posted by: D3Smartie

Re: Who fished the extension? - 04/21/14 12:19 PM

We went 7 for 13 with 2 natives released.
decent morning action going 5 for 6 but had to wait to finish out on the afternoon tide as it seemed that everything died mid day.
Posted by: big moby

Re: Who fished the extension? - 04/21/14 12:25 PM

Still pissed I couldn't get out there.....
Posted by: D3Smartie

Re: Who fished the extension? - 04/21/14 01:14 PM

yeah well you didnt miss much... your asian tiger buddy was next to Dante on the beach and i thought i saw hit hook up.
Posted by: STRIKE ZONE

Re: Who fished the extension? - 04/21/14 02:10 PM

I made it out with 11 hours and nothing to show for it saturday....As a matter of fact I have 7 day's and 57 rod hours into this Columbia river springer season with only 5 smolt and one large squaw fish to show for it.Ouch...............worse springer season for me so far in history.........hopefully things will change this weekend. the fish god's are pissed @ me for some reason and I'm gonna figure why soon.Good luck,

SZ
Posted by: big moby

Re: Who fished the extension? - 04/21/14 03:04 PM

rofl His name is actually Buddy! I bet he was 12 Coors light deep at that point.........
Posted by: Salmon Slapper

Re: Who fished the extension? - 04/21/14 06:00 PM

4/5 with 2 clipped ones. The bigger one went 21lbs!
Posted by: billjr64

Re: Who fished the extension? - 04/21/14 09:40 PM

Best springer bite in my life. Before the first weeklong (regular season}extension I put one fish in my boat. During the week extension I managed 7, all hatchery, with one hand off, and many lost, before I changed hooks. The extra Saturday I launched the boat at 10am, home by noon. Buddy wanted to get one so I relaunched the boat at 1:30, home by 3pm. Naked trolled blue size herring in 16-23` water, Woodland.
Posted by: RUNnGUN

Re: Who fished the extension? - 04/22/14 09:56 AM

Originally Posted By: STRIKE ZONE
I made it out with 11 hours and nothing to show for it saturday....As a matter of fact I have 7 day's and 57 rod hours into this Columbia river springer season with only 5 smolt and one large squaw fish to show for it.Ouch...............worse springer season for me so far in history.........hopefully things will change this weekend. the fish god's are pissed @ me for some reason and I'm gonna figure why soon.Good luck,

SZ

Interesting? My fishing partner had similar luck. 13 days...lots of hrs, 3 bites 2 fish. He has many past fish catching plugs, and is dumbfounded. Myself right next to him 24 takes 11 landed. Those that joined us used my gear/plugs. The last day Sat he finally put one of my plugs on after his wife and I went 2-3, and he caught one. Springers sure keep you guessing?